In Asian cuisine, soy sauce is used everywhere: it is marinated, stewed, served with fish, meat and vegetable dishes, as well as rice, and is used instead of salt. It is becoming more and more popular among our compatriots, and not only among fans of Asian cuisine. It marinated chicken, meat for shish kebab, it is used for cooking fish, for dressing salads. It not only gives the dishes a savory taste, almost without affecting their calorie content, but also benefits the body, if only it is used in not too large quantities. After all, it, in fact, is a concentrate of useful substances contained in soy beans, which are often used in dietary nutrition. However, industrial methods of producing soy sauce are not always based on traditional technology, which involves the use of only natural products. Therefore, the store product may be not only not useful, but frankly harmful. Therefore, people who are concerned about their health, prefer to cook soy sauce at home.
The traditional technology of soy sauce is quite complicated, the recipe includes hard-to-reach components, in particular, koji fungus, which promotes fermentation. The fermentation process lasts 6 months, after which the sauce is filtered and boiled to stop this fermentation. All this makes the traditional technology unacceptable for use at home. For this reason, many housewives are forced to invent alternative recipes for soy sauce, making it possible to make it in a shorter period of time from the available ingredients. The sauce for these recipes is prepared simply and turns out to be similar to the original. Even a novice hostess can make it if she uses the advice of experienced chefs.
- Soy sauce can be made not only from soy - there are recipes that allow you to make it even from bread. It should be understood that the nutritional value of a sauce made not from soy, but from other products, will be slightly different. Yes, and to taste this sauce will be somewhat different from that made from soy. Therefore, the basis is still better to take it soy.
- You can thicken the sauce with the help of flour or starch, some oil can give it a certain amount of toughness. However, these ingredients should not be added in large quantities, as the soy sauce should be quite liquid in consistency.
- Soy sauce, if it is poured into sterilized glass bottles and sealed tightly, can be stored in a refrigerator for up to three months. This means that it can be harvested in large enough quantities.
Serve soy sauce with meat and fish dishes, rice and vegetables. It can also be used as a marinade.
Homemade Soy Sauce Recipe
- soybeans - 0, 24 kg;
- vegetable or mushroom broth - 100 ml;
- wheat flour - 32 g;
- butter - 80 g;
- sea salt - 5-7 g.
Method of preparation:
- Pour the beans in clean, cool water for about 8 hours. Then put on a slow fire and cook until the beans are slightly shriveled and soft.
- Drain excess liquid and turn the beans into mashed potatoes. The easiest way to do this with a blender.
- Put the mashed beans in a small saucepan, mix with melted butter.
- Mix the broth with the flour. Beat it so that the liquid is lump free.
- Pour in vegetable or mushroom broth, mix. At the same stage, add salt. If desired, you can add a little dried ginger (in powder) or red pepper - this will give the sauce extra flavor.
- Put the sauce on the stove and bring to a boil over low heat. Cook, stirring, a couple of minutes and remove from heat.
The sauce should be placed in a clean glass container in which it will be stored and tightly closed. After cooling, put the sauce in the fridge. Remember that after the container with the sauce is opened, the shelf life will be reduced to one month, so try to use it as soon as possible.
Spicy Soy Sauce
- soybeans - 120 g;
- rye flour - 50 g;
- onions - 40 g;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- chicken broth - 50 ml;
- mayonnaise - 160 ml;
- hot red pepper (ground) - on the tip of a knife;
- salt - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Rinse and soak soybeans for 10-12 hours. Then cook them for 1, 5 hours on low heat.
- Turn beans with a blender into mush. Add salt, pepper and broth, mix.
- Gradually add flour, stirring the mass so that no lumps remain.
- Grate a piece of onion or chop it in a blender. Pass through a garlic press or chop in a blender with onions. Add vegetables to the soy puree, mix.
- Mix the resulting mass with mayonnaise.
- Cook the sauce on low heat for 3 minutes after boiling.
When the sauce has cooled, you can put it in the fridge for storage or serve it immediately.
Sweet soy sauce
- homemade soy sauce - 100 ml;
- sugar - 80 g;
- orange peel - 25 g;
- anise - 2 pcs .;
- sherry - 40 ml;
- dry white wine - 15 ml;
- ginger root - 1, 5 cm;
- cinnamon powder - 5 g;
- leek - 30 g.
Method of preparation:
- Chop a piece of onion with a blender or meat grinder.
- Grind dried zest and anise in a coffee grinder.
- Peel and grate a ginger root.
- Mix ground spices, onions, ginger. Fill it all with soy sauce, add alcoholic beverages.
- Set on fire and bring to a boil.
- Sprinkle sugar and, while stirring, until it is completely dissolved.
- Boil over low heat, stirring until the sauce is reduced by a third.
The sauce prepared according to this recipe has a sweetish taste. It is well suited to rolls and chicken dishes.
Preparing soy sauce at home is not as difficult as it may seem at first glance. The main thing is to know the technology and find the right recipe.