Pieces of light crispy fried dough, sprinkled with powdered sugar - this is the brushwood. In a classic step-by-step recipe, the dough pieces can be cut into thick or thin strips, triangles, rhombuses or curls. Therefore, the form for this delicacy, everyone chooses according to his taste. This is a very high-calorie pastries, which should be used carefully if you care about your body shape. But surely no one will give up a couple of pieces of crisp and fragrant brushwood, which is perfect for morning tea without any other additives.
Brushwood: A classic recipe (step by step) - general principles of cooking
Dough for brushwood kneaded in water, milk, kefir or sour cream. Egg, salt, sugar and flour are also surely added to the dough. Ready dense dough is removed for time for infusion, and then rolled to a thickness of about 1 mm.
For frying of brushwood, a large amount of vegetable oil is used, in which, floating, and pieces of brushwood are fried. If the dough is cooked correctly, then during cooking, the brushwood in the oil will sizzle.
Ready brushwood should be immediately moved to paper napkins so that they remove excess fat. Then the dish, while it is hot, should be shifted to the plate. Hot brushwood in the classic step-by-step recipe can be decorated with powdered sugar, ground walnuts or pistachios, condensed milk or red pepper to your own taste.
Brushwood on Vodka: A Step-by-Step Classic Recipe
• 300 g of wheat flour;
• three chicken eggs;
• 1 g vanilla sugar;
• 50 ml of vodka (can be replaced with rum or table white wine);
• 200 ml of vegetable oil;
• 150 g of powdered sugar;
• a pinch of salt.
1. Beat the eggs in a bowl and whisk a little with a whisk until smooth. 2. Add vodka, vanilla sugar and salt to the bowl. Beat with a whisk or mixer again.
3. Sift the wheat flour directly into the bowl for the remaining products.
4. Knead the dough with your hands, to do this, you can dump the mass on the table. It should not adhere strongly to hands.
5. Cut the dough into 2-3 pieces for easy rolling.
6. Rolling the dough on the table alternately pieces of dough to a thickness of 1-2 mm. If during the rolling dough sticks to the surface, then you need to pour flour.
7. Now you need to cut the dough into diamonds with a regular or figure knife.
8. In the center of each rhombus, make a small incision in which to thrust and stretch the sharp side of the rhombus. Do the same with all rhombus-blanks of brushwood recipe classic.
9. Step-by-step cooking continues by heating the vegetable oil. To do this, it must be poured into a saucepan or pan and well heated to a boil over moderate heat of the stove.
10. One by one place blanks of brushwood in hot oil and fry like deep-fried to a ruddy color on all sides. By the way, you can use a household fryer for roasting, if it is available at home.
11. Oil in contact with the dough should begin to actively sizzle. Only in this case, the brushwood will be crisp.
12. Fry alternately all the brushwood.
13. At the same time you need to prepare paper towels. Spread frywood on them for a few minutes to remove excess fat.
14. Then put the brushwood on a plate prepared for serving.
15. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. For uniform sprinkling a small iron sieve can be used.
16. Serving brushwood to the table is better immediately, while it is still crunches.
Brushwood (Tatar curls): a classic step-by-step recipe
• 300 g of wheat flour;
• 150 g of cool boiled water;
• two chicken eggs;
• 100 g of granulated sugar or powder;
• a pinch of salt;
• 400-500 ml of vegetable oil;
• 150 g of flower honey.
Cooking Method: 1. In a bowl for kneading dough, pour cool water, add eggs.
2. Whisk to an almost homogeneous state, but not to a fluffy foam.
3. Add salt and sugar.
4. Beat with a whisk or mixer until a homogeneous mass structure.
5. Sift the wheat flour through a sieve onto the table and make a recess in the center by hand.
6. Pour the contents of the bowl into the well.
7. With the palms pour the flour from the edges into the center of the groove, starting the batch.
8. Now, pressing the inside of the palm of your hand onto the dough, knead it to an elastic state. Dough should not spread in the hands.
9. Place it in a plastic bag for 20-30 minutes. It will “ripen” and the sticky qualities of the flour will be more pronounced.
10. Then take the dough out of the bag and divide it into two or three parts.
11. Roll out all the dough pieces into thin layers (1-2 mm thick) one by one and spread out on the table. They should be a little dry.
12. Cut the dough with a regular or special figured knife (the cut line should turn out wavy) into strips of 2 cm and a length of about 15-20 cm.
13. Then you will need a wooden stick with a base diameter of about 2 cm. It can serve as a narrow part of a wooden rolling pin or a corolla holder. The main criterion is that the wand be made of wood.
14. In the meantime, you need to prepare deep-frying. Pour the oil into the pan and heat to near boiling point. By the way, the width of the bowl of deep-fat or stewpan affects the amount of butter. If the bowl is rather wide, you will need more oil than indicated in the list of ingredients.
15. Next, you need to not wrap tightly a strip of dough on the base of a wooden stick. It should make a spiral.
16. Dip a spiral on a stick in boiling oil and carefully remove the stick.
17. The whole coil should remain in the oil to fry.
18. If the frying bowl is wide enough, you can fry several such twigs.
19. Fry all strips of dough in this way.
20. Then put paper napkins on the table in several layers and put brushwood on them for degreasing. 21. Lay the brushwood on a wide dish and generously pour liquid flower honey.
22. Such treats can be served even cold.
Yeast brushwood: a step by step classic recipe
• 250 g of wheat flour;
• 50 g flour from flax seeds;
• 11 g of high-speed dry yeast (bag);
• 150 ml of warm water;
• pinch of ground cinnamon;
• one chicken egg;
• 50 g of granulated sugar;
• a pinch of salt;
• 400 g vegetable oil;
• 50 g of powdered sugar;
• 50 grams of walnuts.
1. Mix the yeast with warm water in a bowl and leave for a few minutes to activate. They must be completely dissolved.
2. Add room temperature egg, sugar and salt. If the ingredients are cool, the yeast will not raise the dough.
3. Stir by hand or spatula.
4. Wheat flour mixed with flax. Its addition guarantees additional enrichment of brushwood with vitamins, microelements and increases its nutritional value in proteins.
5. Sift all flour through a clean sieve.
6. Divide the flour conditionally into two equal parts and pour half into a bowl with the ingredients.
7. Stir by hand.
8. Pour the second part of the flour on the table.
9. Pour the contents of the bowl onto the flour.
10. Quickly knead firm, firm dough with your hands.
11. Put a ball of dough in a clean bowl, lightly powder with flour.
12. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and leave to ferment in a warm place without drafts. It takes about one hour.
13. In the meantime, make the dusting. To do this, a little bake in a pan without oil, walnuts.
14. Peel dark peel nuts and chop them into crumb. This can be done by hand or by placing the nuts in a bag, roll them with a rolling pin.
15. In a separate bowl, mix the nuts and icing sugar. It will be dusting for brushwood.
16. When the dough rises, lower it slightly by wringing it with your hand. Put it back in a warm place for another quarter of an hour.
17. After the second lift, dump the dough onto the table.
18. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and mash a little, so that it disperses a little on the dough. If desired, cinnamon can be added at the beginning of the batch. 19. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin to a sheet with a thickness of 1-2 mm.
20. Cut the sheet into strips 8-9 cm long and 3-4 cm thick.
21. In a high sauté pan, heat the oil until boiling.
22. One by one lay out the strips in the oil. If done correctly, it will boil.
23. Spread billet blanks in oil and fry them until golden brown on both sides. Oil at the same time should be enough to blanks slightly floated in it.
24. Now you need to put the finished brushwood on a paper towel for a minute, and then place it on a serving dish.
25. Step-by-step recipe for classic yeast brushwood involves serving the dish while it is still hot. It is only necessary to sprinkle sugar-nut mixture with brushwood and you can enjoy a delicious delicacy.
Brushwood: a classic recipe (step by step) - tricks and tips
• In order for the brushwood to turn out fluffy flour in the dough you need to add sifted.
• To make the dough easier to cut, leave it to dry for a while.
• If you have a special form for brushwood, then it can be prepared from batter.
• In addition to vegetable oil, brushwood can be fried in pig oil or ghee.
• The brushwood blanks should be lowered only in well heated boiling oil.
• If after frying one of the batches of brushwood in the pan, pieces of dough remain, then it is better to remove them using skimmers, otherwise they may spoil the taste of other pieces of brushwood.
• After some time, the brushwood may soften and stop crunching, so it is better to serve it immediately after cooking to the table.