Cases when you have to make a choice between the appearance of the dish and its taste are quite rare, but a liver cake is just such a case. If you see this cake, which looks “like a picture” - with thick, even cake layers, this means that its taste was sacrificed to beauty (even if the cook did not even know about it).
The fact is that the softer the liver cakes, the tastier the cake, and the gentle cakes will not make a perfectly flat surface.
If you decide to make cakes more tightly and add flour, you will get something floury and tough with a weak liver taste.
So, the main rule of a good liver cake is less flour! His dough should be slightly thicker than pancake.
- liver 400-500 g;
- egg - 2 pcs .;
- large onions - 1 pc .;
- milk - 1 tbsp. (250 ml);
- flour - approximately 0, 5 st .;
for the filling:
- 1 large onion;
- 1 large carrot;
- cooking oil for frying;
- 3-4 tbsp. l mayonnaise.
1. The choice of the liver and its preparation - at your discretion. Cake will turn out from any - chicken, pork, beef, but may differ slightly in taste. In the same way, you can soak the liver in milk, but you can not soak, just rinse. The most “gentle” option is chicken liver soaked in milk.
Chop prepared liver together with peeled onions in a combine or mince with a fine mesh.
Add all the other ingredients and blend in the blender. If you knead the dough by hand, first dilute the flour with milk and beat the eggs.
The finished dough should be liquid - a little more thick than a pancake.
2. Pour some vegetable oil on a heated pan and pour a portion of dough so that it evenly covers the bottom. Fry the cake under the lid. After frying one side, quickly turn it over with a wide spatula.
3. For filling on a quiet fire, fry grated carrots and onion in thin half-rings in vegetable oil. Salt and squeeze out excess oil.
4. Assemble the cake, alternating cakes with layers of filling and smearing each layer of mayonnaise filling.
5. Decorate at your discretion with greens, grated egg yolk, mayonnaise.