Dishes of Eastern and Caucasian cuisine, despite their originality, have found many admirers among our compatriots. One of these dishes, the name of which, probably, everyone has heard is lula-kebab. In the translation “Lyulya” means “pipe”, and “kebab” - roasted meat. The dish itself is an oblong patties of minced meat, fried on charcoal or in another way. According to the traditional recipe, lamb is taken as a basis, but today lula kebab is so common that it has become almost universal and is made from any kind of meat. Especially popular among our compatriots pork lula kebab. Calorie it, of course, is quite high, but it always goes juicy. In addition, pork is not too difficult to prepare a dense and viscous minced meat, so that kebabs made from it stick tight on skewers.
Despite the fact that it is somewhat easier to make kebab from pork than from most other types of meat, knowledge of several secrets is indispensable.
- Only fresh meat, that is, not frozen meat, is suitable for cooking kebab. If the meat was subjected to freezing, and then thawed, then it will not have the juiciness that is needed for Lyula kebab, and dense stuffing from it will not be easy to cook.
- Pork for lula kebab is better not to turn through a meat grinder, but chopped with a knife. To do this, it is cut into plates with a width of about a centimeter, cut with a heavy knife or a special hatchet along, then across. Chopped meat is collected to the center, tamped and chopped again. The process continues until the desired consistency is obtained. If the stuffing is wiped too finely, the kebab will be less juicy. You can use the grinder only if you do not have enough time to manually grind the meat. In this case, choose a nozzle with large holes.
- Pork is fat by itself, but you can also add lard to it, grinding it to a state of pâté using a meat grinder or blender. It will give the meat viscosity, which will not be superfluous when cooking lyula kebab on the grill. After all, if the meat sausages slide off the skewer on the coals, it will not be too nice.
- In the traditional kebab recipe, onions are one of the main components, but some exclude it from the composition in order not to make the stuffing too thin, because the onion produces a lot of juice. In fact, problems can be avoided if you do not chop the onions, passing through a meat grinder, but simply chopped with a knife. Traditionally it is customary to do so.
- It is not customary to add eggs, flour, and other binding components to the mincemeat for lula kebab. Viscous, it becomes not because of the composition, but due to a special technology that requires prolonged kneading of minced meat with his hands, after which it is also beaten off. Knead the stuffing should be at least 15 minutes, beat, throwing on the table or cutting board - at least 10 minutes. In order to avoid spatter from the mince, it can be placed in a plastic bag. As a result of prolonged kneading and beating, the excess moisture from the stuffing leaves, and it becomes dense.
- It will be easier to form dense minced kebabs of minced meat if it is cooled before it. To mince did not stick to the palms, you can wear gloves and moisten them with cool water. Working without gloves, it is better to use warm water or vegetable oil.
The technology of cooking kebabs in a frying pan, in the oven or on the grill is not exactly the same. So you should choose a suitable recipe and follow the recommendations outlined in it.
Kebab from pork on the grill
- pork - 0, 8 kg;
- pork lard - 100 g;
- bulb onion - 0, 2 kg;
- fresh coriander - 50 g;
- salt, pepper, coriander - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash meat, dry. Cut into flat pieces about 1 cm wide. Lay 3 layers on top of each other and chop them finely. Do the same with the remaining meat. Hack should be as long as the meat does not turn into stuffing.
- Wash the fat in warm water, cut off the skin. Cut the fat into not too large chunks, put them in a blender bowl and grind to a paste.
- Mix the lard with minced meat.
- Peel the onions and chop them finely. Add in stuffing, mix.
- Finely chop fresh greens, put it together with salt and spices in minced meat.
- Knead the minced meat until it becomes viscous.
- Put the stuffing in the bag, beat it on the table.
- Remove the mince and place in a bowl. Cover with gauze and refrigerate.
- After an hour (no less), remove the mince from the fridge, stick the skewers tightly around it. It is undesirable to use narrow and flat skewers for a kebab, since during the process of frying and turning around the axis they will “cut through” the stuffing, and it can fall directly into the coals. It is preferable to use large wooden skewers. Before that, they should be soaked for an hour in cool water so that they do not burn. The optimal thickness for lyula kebabs is 3 cm.
- Spread skewers with lula kebabs on the grill and fry them over the coals, often turning them over and constantly fanning them for about 12 minutes. Then they will not overcook, remain juicy.
In nature, fresh vegetables or a salad of them can be offered to kebab, although traditionally it is served without side dishes. A good addition to the meat prepared in this way will be pickled onions. The sauce also will not be superfluous.
Kebab from pork in a pan
- pork - 1 kg;
- beef - 0, 4 kg;
- pork lard - 100 g;
- Bulgarian pepper - 0, 2 kg;
- fresh parsley - 100 g;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- cognac - 50 ml;
- vegetable oil - how much will leave;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash beef, cut into flat pieces no wider than 1 cm.
- Mix cognac with oil, add enough water to add beef.
- Pour marinade over beef chunks and place in the fridge for half an hour.
- While the beef is marinating, chop the minced pork. If desired, you can skip it through a meat grinder - when cooking lula kebab in a pork pan, this is permissible.
- Crush fat in any convenient way. It should be similar in texture to the pate.
- Remove the beef from the marinade. Finely chop it with a knife or a special hatchet, in extreme cases, pass through a large meat grinder grate.
- Mix the two types of meat with lard, salt them and pepper.
- Wash peppers, remove seeds from them. Cut the pepper into very small pieces. Onions in this recipe is not required, it is replaced by pepper, but it is necessary to grind it so that it does not exceed the size of onion cubes in size.
- Chop parsley finely.
- Put the pepper and greens in a bowl of minced meat, knead it thoroughly with your hands, then beat off and cool for an hour.
- Heat the oil in the pan. Form the oblong cutlets with your hands and put them in boiling oil. Roast on heavy fire, often turning over, 5-7 minutes.
- Cover the pan with a lid, reduce the heat and cook for another 8-10 minutes, periodically lifting the lid and turning the kebabs.
The kebab is served hot. Garnish to it is not required, but if you wish, you can add fresh or baked vegetables to the kebab, including even potatoes. The main thing - do not forget to serve the sauce. Ketchup, curry, and mustard are suitable for pork lula kebab. If kebab is served without a side dish, you can turn it into Armenian pita bread. In any case, pita bread will be more appropriate than bread.
According to any of these recipes, you can cook lula kebab in the oven. In this case, it is prepared at 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Pork lula kebab is tasty and nourishing. It can be cooked both in nature and at home. According to any of the recipes, it turns ruddy, juicy and fragrant.