Spring salad with cabbage, cucumber and radish will be an excellent addition to the side dish or meat dish. Salad can also be prepared for dinner, especially if you are on a diet. If you are cooking this dish in early spring, when the young cabbage is most likely not on sale yet, and if there is, then the price for it is high enough - it is quite possible to use white cabbage of last year’s harvest. It will be enough to chop it and thoroughly mash it with salt. Then she will immediately start up the juice and become soft, but at the same time crunchy.
List of ingredients:
- 200 g of white cabbage,
- 0, 5 tsp. salt,
- 1 large cucumber,
- 7-8 radishes,
- fresh greens (2-3 leaves of lettuce, 7-8 sprigs of parsley, dill, basil),
- 4 tbsp. l sour cream,
- spices for fresh vegetables to taste (1/5 tsp.)
1. Wash white cabbage and dry or shake off excess water. Chop the vegetable with long, thin strips with a sharp knife.
2. Salt the cabbage and thoroughly crush it with both hands. Pause until it becomes soft and does not let the juice.
3. Large cucumber wash and cut off the tips, try on the bitterness - otherwise such a cucumber will ruin the whole salad. If the cucumber is bitter, then you can cut off the skin and part of the vegetable itself. The rest is cut into halves of circles.
4. Wash radish and cut tails. Cut into halves of circles. It is better if you try every radish, as it can be bitter too.
5. Rinse the greenery under the tap and dry it, then slice or tear it with your hands - this is especially true for lettuce leaves.
6. Add in a bowl with vegetables spices for fresh vegetables or just red ground pepper, ground paprika, saffron, season with sour cream of any fat content.
7. Salad is ready, mix and serve. Remember that if the salad lasts a few hours, it will “drain”, therefore, it is better to fill it with parts and immediately before serving.