Dumplings with cottage cheese - a tasty and satisfying dish, it is enjoyed by both adults and children, suitable for breakfast, and for dinner. The process of preparing the dough takes some time, so many housewives mold a large number of dumplings and freeze. In the freezer, they will not deteriorate to two months. They are enough to drop in salted boiling water and boil until cooked. It takes an average of 5 minutes. The main secret of beautiful and tasty dumplings in their dough. Dough for dumplings with cottage cheese can be made on water, milk, kefir, it is even custard. But whatever the recipe for the foundation you choose, it must be flexible and not break when cooking products in boiling water. For this you need to properly cook it.
The technology of dough preparation for dumplings may depend on a specific recipe, but there are several general rules, adhering to which you will get the expected result.
- Flour for varenichnogo dough need to sift. This not only makes it possible to rid it of small rubbish - during this manipulation it is saturated with oxygen, thanks to which the products from it are more tender. Loose and light flour is also easier to mix with liquid ingredients.
- To obtain the optimal structure of the dough intended for dumplings with cottage cheese, experts advise using the following ratio: for 1 egg - 2-3 cups of flour (this is approximately 0, 3-0, 45 kg).
- Salt is almost always added to the dough for dumplings, but the sugar in it will be superfluous. Even in the stuffing it is advised to put a smaller one so that it, while melting, does not soak the dough.
- After kneading, the dough is allowed to rest for half an hour. During this time, the gluten will swell, and the dough will become more elastic.
- Too thin the dough for dumplings should not be rolled out. Experienced cooks advise to stay at a thickness of 2-3 mm.
- To prevent the dough from sticking to the hands, it is necessary to sprinkle them with flour or lubricate with vegetable oil. In the same way and handle the board on which the roll out the dough.
- To prevent dumplings from sticking together during cooking, they are dipped in already boiling water. It should be salted, then the dish will be more pleasant to the taste. The pot should be volumetric and filled with plenty of water. Additionally, you can add a little oil to the water. Dumplings are immersed in water one by one, periodically stirred during cooking.
- Digesting dumplings is not worth it. After they float to the surface, just wait a few minutes, and you can already catch them with a slotted spoon.
Dough recipes for cottage cheese dumplings are usually not very complex, but if you do not have culinary skills, it is recommended to begin with mastering the classic recipe, gradually moving to more complex options.
Classic dough recipe for dumplings with curd (on water)
- flour - 0, 45 kg;
- large egg - 1 pc .;
- water - 150 ml;
- salt - 3 g;
- vegetable oil - 5-10 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Sift flour, make a well in the center.
- Add salt, break the egg into the recess.
- Choosing the flour to the center, mix it with the egg.
- Continuing to knead the dough, pour a little cold boiled water into the center.
- Pour in the butter, knead the dough until tender.
- Cover it with a moisturized Marey, leave for half an hour.
- Punch dough by pressing on it with palms with spread fingers. This is necessary in order to release excess air from it.
Sprinkle flour on the board, roll out the dough into a 2-3 mm thick layer. Cut the mugs out of it with a glass or other round container, fill it, make the edges tight, and proceed to cooking the dumplings. They can be boiled in boiling water or steamed.
Dough for dumplings with curd on milk
- wheat flour - 0, 35 kg;
- egg yolks - 2 pcs .;
- milk - 150 ml;
- salt - 2 g;
- butter - 10 g.
Method of preparation:
- Sift flour, mix it with salt.
- Divide eggs into whites and yolks. With some yolks, the dough is softer and more tender. If you decide to use whole eggs, then one quantity is enough for the amount of ingredients indicated in the recipe.
- Melt the butter in a water bath or in a microwave, not allowing it to boil. Allow it to cool slightly, combine with yolks.
- Heat the milk to the temperature of the human body, pour in the yolks mixed with oil.
- Add the flour to the liquid mass in parts, mixing everything well each time to prevent the formation of lumps. At the last stage, when the dough becomes thick, knead it with your hands.
- Put the dough in a bowl, cover with a napkin, leave for half an hour. Do not hold it near the plate itself, otherwise it will be too sticky.
After the indicated time, sprinkle flour on the working surface of the table, roll out the dough. Cut circles out of it with a glass, on each place a spoonful of prepared curd filling. Moisten the edges slightly, fasten them well, walk on them with a fork. After that, the dumplings can be cooked immediately or laid out on a flat surface, frozen, put into a bag and stored in a freezer for storage. Boil such dumplings need not defrosting.
Dough for dumplings with cottage cheese on boiling water (without eggs)
- wheat flour - 0, 4 kg;
- hot water - 0, 2 l;
- olive oil - 50 ml;
- salt - a pinch.
Method of preparation:
- Sift flour, better even twice. In the center make a funnel.
- Boil the water. Without cooling, mix it with oil and salt.
- Pour the hot mixture into the groove in the flour.
- Start stirring with a spoon or spatula, complete the process of kneading dough with your hands.
- Place the dough in a plastic bag and let it rest for half an hour.
After a specified time, you can proceed to the formation of dumplings and their further preparation.
Dough for dumplings with cheese can be made according to several recipes. The classic is the option with an egg on the water. More tender is the dough on milk with yolks. The cheapest is the dough, which is kneaded on water without eggs.