How many recipes canned vegetables exist, and the mistresses still choose the most versatile! You can call this eggplant and zucchini sauté just this way: while preparing a summer meal for your relatives, you can close a jar or two of the remaining sautés for the winter. And vice versa: having extinguished a large amount of a sauté for canning, you can leave a little for immediate consumption. The taste of the dish at the same time will be the same: that in the summer directly from the stewpan, that in the winter from the can!
- eggplants - 1, 5 kg;
- sweet pepper - 2 pcs. big size;
- onions - 1 pc .;
- zucchini - 1 small or 1/2 large;
- tomatoes - 1/2 kg or the middle with seeds from 2 kg of tomatoes;
- salt - to taste;
- Vinegar 9% - 2, 5 tbsp. l .;
- cooking oil for frying.
1. Eggplants and zucchini are very tender vegetables, so they cook quickly. So start cooking saute should be with more solid ingredients - onion and pepper. Peel onions, cut into cubes and place on the bottom of a saucepan with vegetable oil. Put on medium heat and fry until transparent.
2. In the meantime, peel the pepper (cut the tails and remove the cores with the seeds) and cut into thin slices. Add to the onions and mix these vegetables in a skillet.
3. Slice the squash into cubes no larger than 1, 5 cm. Place these pieces in a saucepan and mix with other ingredients. Continue to fry vegetables, occasionally stirring them with a spatula.
4. Slice the eggplants in the same cubes as zucchini and add to the skillet. If this utensil is not too large, add one eggplant one by one: as long as you chop the next vegetable, the previous one in the skillet will be fried and reduced in size, which will add another eggplant. Salt the dish and stir it well, so that the vegetables from the salt begin to let the liquid. Add chopped tomatoes without skins or midway tomatoes with seeds in a sauté (you can stay on the farm if you are harvesting dried coreless tomatoes for the winter), mix. Add vinegar and cover with a lid. Next, simmer the dish for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, so that the vegetables do not stick to the bottom of the saucepan. If desired, at the stage of quenching, you can add chopped garlic in a sauté.
Arrange the ready eggplant and zucchini sauté in sterilized jars and seal with hot caps.
A sauté-like dish can be made without squash. In this case, take one more eggplant.