Jam, and more specifically, a boiled delicacy for several centuries, has been pleasing to many sweet tooths. What is it just not cooked! The raw material for this dessert, in addition to literally all the berries and fruits, can be rose petals, peel, nuts, watermelon rinds, some vegetables and even pine cones.
The most popular method of cooking jam is boiling three times with long intervals. However, some fruits are so tender that one reception is enough. These preparations of quick preparation include blackberry jam.
- blackberries - 2 kg;
- granulated sugar - 2 kg.
1. For boiling any, including blackberry, overripe fruit is not suitable. Berries should be chosen not only by the degree of maturity, but also by size. In order for all fruits to be ready at the same time, they must have about one diameter. Boil the blackberry is better in small portions of 1-2 kg, so that it is not crumpled. Enumerated and peeled berries should be gently rinsed with cold water.
2. Then the blackberry should be poured into a wide pan or basin, alternating layers of fruit with layers of granulated sugar. In this form, the berries must be left overnight (7-9 hours).
3. During this time, the blackberry should make juice. Several times gently shake the pan with berries to mix its contents. After that, put it on a slow fire. Before boiling and complete dissolution of sugar capacity should be periodically shaken. This is necessary so that the precipitate does not form and does not burn. After boiling the fire should be increased to medium and cook the blackberry for 5 minutes.
4. The surface of the syrup must be constantly freed from the resulting foam.
5. Ready blackberry jam should be poured as soon as possible into cleanly washed and dry cans. Then it needs to be cooled as quickly as possible to prevent further boiling down of the berries.
Blackberry jam can be served as a dessert for tea, you can use dumplings toppings or add to various refreshments. A few spoons of this delicious medicine will help to cope with the incipient cold.