Do you know why everything French is perceived as refined, spiritual and sublime? Yes, simply because the French are charming in everything - from women's hats and ending with amazing, caressing ears of the most ordinary things.
Oh no, the French do not cook casseroles - they cook “gratin”. After all, listen as it sounds - clean, elegant, promising.
However, the dish itself is just that - something delicious, enclosed in an even more delicious crust, which is obtained from the top bowl of thick sauce, boiled from the heat.
And let most of the elegance is just a touch of the mystery of a foreign language, and even if your grandmother cooked something very similar, baking potatoes with sour cream in the oven - still try to cook potato gratin exactly the way it is cooked in France - that is with charm!
- fresh potatoes - 5 large pieces;
- a mixture of herbs, salt, pepper, spices for potatoes to taste;
- fresh garlic - 3 medium cloves;
- sour cream non-fat liquid - 300 ml .;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- butter - 40 g.
1. To make excellent potato gratin with garlic, choose potatoes that are cooked well. Peel, cut off the black dots, rinse thoroughly under running water and dry with a paper napkin. Then cut the potatoes into medium circles.
2. Put the potatoes into a convenient container and pickle for half an hour, adding spices, salt, pepper and herbs to taste.
3. Put the pickled potatoes in a baking pan with a non-stick coating. Preparing the mixture for gratin: for this, beat the eggs, sour cream and melted butter together. Garlic peel the garlic through the garlic crush, squeeze into a creamy mass. Then evenly fill it with potatoes.
4. Heat the oven to 200 ° C and bake the gratin until golden brown crust and readiness of the potatoes for 40 minutes.
5. Ready-made gratin from potatoes and garlic served hot.