Manty came to us from Asia, which is why a more traditional filling for them is lamb, and sometimes also not just lamb mince, but minced meat with a whole slice of fat. But if fatness is an amateur, then juicy stuffing in mantah is necessarily present, and for this, some juicy vegetable is added to the meat, most often onions.
We will cook such manti and we will not add fat from the fat tail, but we will take quite fatty lamb and many, many onions.
If you do not like to make homemade dough, it is possible to do with ready-made sheet dough from the store.
- lamb with fat - 800 g;
- bulb onions - 2 large pieces;
- ready sheet dough - 1 kg;
- flour for powder;
- spices for lamb, salt and pepper to taste;
- chicken egg - 1 pc.
Cooking time: 1, 5 hours
1. Wash the lamb and dry it.
2. Scroll the meat in the meat grinder.
3. Onions are cleaned, washed and cut into thin half rings.
4. We preliminarily thaw the ready dough until soft, then sprinkle the working surface with flour and lay out the dough. We roll it with a rolling pin into a thin layer (thickness 5 mm).
5. Add the onion half rings to the stuffing, pour in the seasonings for lamb, salt and black pepper, hammer in an egg for viscosity and knead well.
6. Cut out squares of the same size from dough.
7. In the middle of each square lay out 2 teaspoons with a hill of minced meat.
8. We lash each square in the form of a kind of rose and set the water to warm in a double boiler. Then lay manty on the grid, greased with butter, and cook for a couple for about 20 minutes (until the dough is ready).
9. Finished manty served hot.