Vegetable stew is popular all over the world, although it is cooked from different vegetables everywhere, giving preference to various methods. This is not surprising, because stew of vegetables is a very tasty, healthy and nourishing dish that can replace not only a side dish, but also a whole dinner. Especially nourishing is vegetable stew with meat. It is dominated by a mixture of different vegetables, which makes the dish not too heavy, but meat is also present, thanks to which the stew becomes even tastier and more satisfying.
If you just cut the ingredients in the vegetable stew and put them out, you should not expect that you will get a really tasty and delicious dish. In order for the stew of vegetables with meat to be appetizing and tasty, you need to know and follow a few simple, but no less important, rules.
- Vegetables are cooked faster than meat, so cooking the stew always starts with the laying of meat products. Cut the meat should not be too large pieces. Before you combine with vegetables, the meat must be fried. This will allow him to prepare at the same time with them and not lose juiciness in the cooking process.
- Any meat can be used for cooking vegetable stews, it is only important that it is fresh and of high quality. At the same time, preference should be given to the meat of young animals, since it turns out to be more tender and soft.
- If you want to cook vegetable stew with frozen meat, you need to defrost it properly, that is, letting it thaw on the top shelf of the refrigerator. If you defrost meat in the microwave or warm water, it will lose juiciness, become dry, tough and tasteless, it will be difficult to chew and swallow it, even with juicy vegetables.
- When cooking stews, it is important to respect the order of the tabs and the vegetables themselves, since they have a different structure and, accordingly, unequal times are prepared.
- Vegetables for stew try to cut into even medium-sized pieces of approximately equal size and one shape. In this case, the dish will look much more appetizing.
Otherwise, cooking vegetable stew with meat will depend on the recipe you choose. However, regardless of the method of cooking it does not prevent sprinkle with fresh herbs before serving. It will not only decorate the stew and give it a pleasant aroma, but also make it healthier.
Vegetable Pork Stew
- potatoes - 1 kg;
- white cabbage - 1 kg;
- zucchini - 0, 8 kg;
- carrots - 0, 3 kg;
- tomatoes - 0, 3 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- pork - 0, 7 kg;
- vegetable oil - as required;
- salt, seasonings - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash pork, peel off films, cut off excess fat. Drain the meat with paper napkins and cut into small cubes (no more than 1, 5 cm).
- Cut the tomatoes into medium-sized cubes, having washed them beforehand. It is not necessary to clean them, but if you remove the skin from the tomatoes before chopping, it will be even better. Peeling tomatoes will be easy if you pour them with boiling water.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into small cubes, about three times smaller than pieces of meat.
- Wash the zucchini, peel it off with a peeler. Cut in half lengthwise, remove the spoon with seeds. If you have very young squash, these manipulations are superfluous. Cut the zucchini into pieces of about 1 cm.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them in the same way as zucchini.
- Wash the cabbage. After removing sluggish or spoiled leaves, chop it large.
- In a large thick-walled pot or a large cauldron, heat the vegetable oil. Put the onion into it, cut into small pieces or thin half rings. Fry it until golden.
- Add meat. Fry it on all sides so that all the pieces are completely covered with a ruddy crust.
- Reduce heat slightly and add carrots and cabbage. Roast them with the meat for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Put the remaining vegetables in the pan. Pour in some water. Add salt and seasonings.
- Cook the vegetable stew with meat on low heat for 40 minutes. If the meat is chopped finely and the vegetables are young, the cooking time can be reduced by 10 minutes.
To prepare the amount of ingredients indicated in the recipe, a sufficiently capacious container is required. If you do not have a large cauldron or a large-capacity pot with a large volume in your home, the number of ingredients can be halved.
Vegetable beef stew
- beef - 0, 4 kg;
- tomatoes - 0.5 kg;
- zucchini - 0, 4 kg;
- string beans - 0, 2 kg;
- eggplant - 0, 2 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 0, 4 kg;
- onions - 0, 4 kg;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- beef broth or vegetable broth - 0, 25 l;
- vegetable oil - 60 ml;
- salt, black pepper powder - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Beef rinse well, peel off the film. Cut into strips as for beef stroganoff. Before cutting the meat must be dried.
- Wash, blot the eggplant with a towel and slice it along plates with a thickness of about 1 cm. Sprinkle the plates with salt and put them in a colander. After half an hour, rinse the eggplants in running water, pat dry with napkins and cut into cubes.
- Slice the zucchini with the same pieces, having washed and dried them beforehand. If necessary, peel the zucchini with a peeler, remove the seeds with a spoon, cutting the fruit in half.
- Remove the peel from the bulb and cut it into thin half-rings.
- Cut each pepper in half. Remove the seeds, cut the stalk. Cut pepper into half rings. To make the stew more appetizing, it is better to take peppers of different colors.
- On the tomatoes, make cross-shaped cuts. Dip vegetables for 2 minutes in boiling water. Remove them, cool, clean. Strain the tomato pulp through a sieve or chop it with a blender.
- Pass garlic through a press and mix it with tomato puree. Add salt and spices here.
- Combine the tomato puree with a glass of broth, mix well. If you do not have either broth or vegetable broth, you can use plain water.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan or cauldron. Dip the onion in it and lightly fry it until golden.
- Add meat. Roast it, stirring it, until it is well roasted.
- Place the remaining vegetables, including green beans, in the pan, fry them all together for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. For stews, you can use frozen string beans. In this case, it should be put in the pan without defrosting.
- Pour tomato puree mixed with broth. Cover the pan or cauldron with a lid, reduce heat.
- Stew vegetables with beef for 30-40 minutes.
Laying the stew on plates, do not regret the sauce: it is delicious, and eating the dish with it will be very nice.
Vegetable stew with meat and mushrooms
- meat (pork or veal) - 0, 35 kg;
- fresh champignons - 100 g;
- carrots - 0, 3 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- sweet pepper - 0, 2 kg;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- soy sauce - 30 ml;
- ground paprika - a pinch;
- tomato paste - 10 ml;
- water or broth - 100 ml;
- vegetable oil - as needed;
- spices - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash meat. Drain, cut into strips.
- Wash vegetables. Peel the onions and carrots. At the pepper, remove the stem and seeds.
- Cut the pepper into 4 pieces, cut it into quarters of rings.
- Onion cut into half rings.
- Cut carrots into strips or chop grated on Korean salads.
- Slice the champignons.
- In a hot oil pan, roast beef.
- Add onion and pepper, fry for 5 minutes.
- Put the carrots and garlic. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms. Pour over all the sauce made from broth, soy sauce, tomato paste and spices.
- Cover and simmer for half an hour on low heat.
Despite the simple composition, vegetable stew with meat and mushrooms turns out very tasty, juicy and fragrant. It can be eaten as a separate dish, and can be served with a side dish of rice or pasta.
Vegetable stew with meat - a nourishing and tasty dish. It alone will replace a full meal. In this case, even an inexperienced cook will cope with its preparation.