Tasty vegetable stews can be made from any set of vegetables, and each time the dish will acquire unique flavors. In the summer, most housewives prefer to cook stews from seasonal vegetables growing on the beds or being sold at a relatively low price at this time. This choice is justified, since such vegetables are healthy and delicate in taste. Very often, in the summer and autumn, vegetable stew with zucchini is prepared in different families. Squashes contain a lot of fiber, so they allow you to get enough of the dish, while not leaving a feeling of heaviness in the stomach and not being laid on the sides with fat folds. In addition, vegetable zucchini ragout is a tasty and easy-to-cook dish.
Despite the simplicity of preparation, not everybody is equally good at steaming zucchini. The fact is that the technology of cooking this dish has its own nuances that every hostess needs to know about.
- The most tender and tasty stew is obtained from young vegetables. You can make it from mature squash as well, but they will be more fibrous and not so tasty.
- Young squash is enough to wash and cut into pieces of the shape indicated in the recipe. Large zucchini must be cleaned of seeds and peel. It is convenient to remove the skin from them with a peeler. In order to extract the seeds, squash is cut along. After that, remove the seeds is not difficult if you use a spoon of the right size.
- Eggplants can also be included in vegetable zucchini ragout. They need advance preparation. The fact is that they contain solanine - a harmful substance that gives bitterness to vegetables. You can remove it with salt. For this, the eggplants are cut, salted and left for 20-30 minutes, then washed. Another option is to soak the eggplants at the same time in salted water, dissolving a teaspoon of salt in a liter of liquid.
- Tastier zucchini stew is obtained if tomatoes are included in its composition, which will give the dish a pleasant sour taste. If you want the dish to have a more delicate texture, the tomatoes need to be peeled. To do this, they make a cross-shaped incision (on the side opposite the stem), then blanch in a couple of minutes in boiling water, cool, placing in a container with cool water. After that, the skin is removed without any problems.
- Another rule that must be observed when cooking vegetable stews, is to observe the correct sequence of laying vegetables. The first to put solid vegetables, the preparation of which requires more time, the last - vegetables with a more delicate structure.
- Vegetable stew with zucchini can be made dietary, if you do not fry the vegetables, but only put them out. However, roasting vegetables helps to make the taste of the dish more pleasant, increases its satiety. In addition, during roasting, vegetables are covered with a ruddy crust, which allows them to keep their shape during stewing.
There are quite a few options for cooking vegetable stew with zucchini, therefore the technology may differ slightly depending on the recipe chosen. However, the basic principles will remain unchanged, they can be used no matter what recipe you choose.
Vegetable stew with zucchini, sweet pepper and green peas
- zucchini - 0.5 kg;
- carrots - 0, 2 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 0, 5 kg;
- green peas - 0, 2 kg;
- tomatoes - 0.5 kg;
- salt, seasonings, greens - to taste;
- vegetable oil - as required.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the courgettes, pat dry with paper napkins and cut into cubes about 1 cm in size.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into circles about 2-3 mm thick. If the carrot has a large diameter, you can cut it into semicircles or even quarter-circle sectors.
- Wash the pepper. Cut the peppers off the peppers, remove the seeds. Cut each pepper into 4 pieces and cut into quarters of rings.
- Peel the bulbs, cut into thin half-rings.
- Peel tomatoes, cut into slices or diced.
- Chop greens with a knife.
- Mix the vegetables, do not forget to add green peas to them.
- Liberally grease a deep frying pan or cauldron with vegetable oil. Put the vegetable mixture there.
- Place the cauldron on the stove and simmer the vegetables, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes. 10 minutes before the readiness, sprinkle the stew with greens, season with salt and pepper.
This recipe for vegetable stew can be called dietary. It turns out useful and has a low calorie. It can be served as a main dish or used as a side dish. Meat, chicken, sausages harmonize well with it.
Vegetable stew with zucchini and potatoes
- zucchini - 0, 4 kg;
- eggplant - 0, 2 kg;
- carrots - 100 g;
- onions - 150 g;
- potatoes - 0, 3 kg;
- sweet pepper - 0, 2 kg;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- tomatoes - 0.5 kg;
- salt, seasonings - to taste;
- vegetable oil - as needed.
Method of preparation:
- Clean the eggplant, cut it in half lengthwise, salt it and put it in a colander for 20 minutes.
- Wash and dice the zucchini. The optimal size of the pieces is 1 cm.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes of the same size as the zucchini.
- Wash the eggplants to remove excess salt. Cut into cubes.
- Peel and chop the onions with a knife.
- Pepper wash, clean the seeds by removing the stem. Cut into strips or squares.
- Peel tomatoes and rub through a sieve. A good idea would be to puree tomatoes with a blender.
- Squeeze garlic into mashed potatoes, add salt and spices, and mix.
- Peel and rub carrots.
- Heat vegetable oil in a cauldron. Put the onions and carrots in it and fry them for a few minutes. Add potatoes. Brown it lightly.
- Add eggplants. Fry the potatoes with them for about 5 minutes.
- Put the rest of the vegetables in the cauldron, pour all the tomato sauce. Simmer for 30 minutes. Stir the stew from time to time so that it does not burn. If necessary, you can add a little water or tomato juice.
Before serving, sprinkle vegetable stew with greens. According to this recipe, it turns out to be satisfying, so it can completely replace dinner.
Vegetable stew with zucchini - one of the best side dishes, which is especially good to cook in summer or autumn. This dish goes well with meat, sausages, chicken. If desired, it can be used as an independent dish, as the stew with zucchini is quite satisfying.