Squids are one of the most affordable seafood, but they are not inferior to other seafood products, neither in taste, nor in benefit. Include them in the diet can safely people trying to lose weight, as the energy value of the product is not high, a significant part of its composition is proteins. From the cephalopods you can cook a variety of dishes, but most often they are used to prepare cold snacks. Squid salad with egg, cheese and garlic has a spicy taste, well nourishes. The recipe has several variations, which makes it possible to choose, focusing on the presence in the house of certain products.
Squid salad with egg, cheese and garlic is one of the easiest to prepare. If you know how to do it correctly, it will take little time, and the result will live up to expectations.
- Frozen squid should be removed from the freezer in advance so that they can thaw out in natural conditions. It is impossible to speed up the process with the help of a microwave - the protein, which is very much in the composition of the product, will be curtailed and the squids will become similar to rubber.
- On sale you can find squid, peeled from the film, and those whose treatment will have to deal with the hostess. Purified are much more expensive, and this fact is completely unjustified, since the cleaning of squid is not a long and troublesome process. The main thing is to know how to do it. First, the carcass is washed under running water, chords are removed. Then pour over boiling water, because of which the film covering them immediately rolled up. It remains to wash the carcasses again under running water, and they are ready to cook. If you get completely not cleaned squids with tentacles and eyes, you will have to tinker a little longer, but you can use the tentacles to decorate the snack.
- In order to boil the squid, you must first boil the water, if necessary, salt it. Squid carcasses are lowered into boiling water one by one and boiled after re-boiling water for 2-3 minutes, no more. If you exceed the cooking time of squid, they become tough and it will be impossible to correct the situation.
- Do not add garlic to a salad before the sauce is added to it. So it is distributed unevenly, gives the snack is not quite a pleasant aroma. It is better to mix the garlic passed through the press with the sauce, and then fill them with salad.
The composition of squid salad with egg, garlic and cheese is modest, but it can also be served nicely. It is only important to think in advance about how you will decorate a snack in order to leave the necessary amount of products necessary for the realization of the idea.
Squid Salad with Egg, Garlic and Melted Cheese
- squid fillet - 0, 4 kg;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- processed cheese - 100 g;
- chicken egg - 4 pcs .;
- dill, parsley, black pepper, salt - to taste;
- mayonnaise - 100 ml;
- lettuce leaves - for decoration.
Method of preparation:
- Boil chicken eggs. Put it under a stream of cold water to cool it down. Such a manipulation contributes to a better cleaning of the eggs from the shell.
- Peel the eggs, finely chop them with a knife, put them in a bowl.
- Rinse squid fillet.
- Boil water, add a little salt into it, put squid in boiling water. After 2 minutes, remove with a skimmer, let it drain.
- Cool the squid fillet, cut it into small strips, send it to the eggs.
- On a coarse grater, chop the cheese. It will be easier to make it if the cheese before it is put in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Finely chop the greens, put them to the other ingredients.
- Crush garlic cloves with a special press, mix with mayonnaise.
- Season the salad with the resulting sauce.
- Put the salad in the fridge for half an hour.
When the salad has cooled, put it on a dish covered with lettuce leaves. It remains to decorate the snack to your liking and serve.
Squid Salad with Egg, Garlic and Hard Cheese
- fresh-frozen squids - 1 kg;
- hard cheese (preferably spicy) - 150 g;
- chicken egg - 4 pcs .;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- sour cream - 100 ml;
- mayonnaise - 50 ml;
- salt, black pepper, fresh dill - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Squid thaw, rinse, clean the chords, film. If necessary, remove the eyes, chop off the tentacles.
- Boil cephalopod mollusks in salted water. Dip them only in boiling water; cook for no more than 3 minutes after boiling again. Boil tentacles too - they will be useful for decoration.
- After cooling the carcasses of squid, cut them into thick straws.
- Cool-boiled eggs cool, peel, cut into thin slices.
- Coarsely grated cheese.
- In a bowl, combine pieces of squid, eggs, and cheese.
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, finely chopped dill, ground black pepper and garlic crushed by hand press separately.
- Season the appetizer with the resulting sauce.
You can serve a snack in a salad bowl or on a platter, putting it in a slide. Batch feed is possible.
Dietary salad with squid, egg, garlic and cheese
- peeled squids - 0.5 kg;
- chicken egg - 3 pcs .;
- cucumber - 0, 2 kg;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- dill - 50 g;
- low-fat sour cream - 150 ml;
- low fat cheese - 100 g;
- salt, spices - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Boil peeled squids for 2-3 minutes, cool, cut into strips.
- Cut the hard-boiled eggs into thin slices.
- Coarsely grate the cheese.
- Wash cucumber, cut off the tips. Coarse, squeeze.
- Combine squid, eggs, cheese and cucumber.
- In a separate container, mix the garlic, chopped dill and sour cream passed through the press, adding salt and spices to it.
- Season with spicy salad dressing.
This recipe will appeal to those who avoid eating high-calorie and low-help products.
How to decorate a salad
When cooking squid salad, its ingredients are dressed with sauce and mixed. It turns out a thick light mass, quite pleasant in appearance, but less aesthetic than puff salads. So the question of how to decorate a snack, more than relevant. You can offer several options for its submission.
- If you have tentacles of squid left, then leave the whole and half of the boiled chicken egg (with a sharper end). Remove the yolk from the egg, mash it with a fork, mixed with a small amount of sauce. Massa fill the protein. Insert squid tentacles into it. Hoist the "octopus" on the salad, laid out a slide.
- If you do not have squid tentacles, do not chop one whole carcass, but cut a part of it into rings. Spread them on the surface of the salad.
- You can decorate the top of a salad laid out with a sprig of greenery, an egg flower or a spoon of red caviar.
- When serving a portion, you can spread the salad on plates using a special form, then it will look much more appetizing.
Squid salad will look more beautiful on a dish if it is spread on lettuce leaves.
Squid salad with egg, cheese and garlic is tasty and easy to make. It can be made for a festive table or a family dinner. Picking up a diet recipe, you can include a snack in your diet, even if you strive for a healthy diet.