Dry herring pickling is one of the simple and win-win ways to make a delicious snack. By the way, salted herring can be used as an ingredient for salads, canapes, tartlets, sandwiches and other types of snacks. It will be very tasty if the usual salted herring is sprinkled with finely chopped green or onions, sprinkled with oil and vinegar and served with boiled potatoes.
List of ingredients:
- 1 herring,
- 5 tbsp. l salt,
- 2 tsp. sugar,
- 1 tbsp. l any spices and spices (finely broken bay leaf, allspice and black peppercorns, red pepper, coriander, ground cloves, paprika).
1. Chilled herring needs to be washed and dried. If the fish has been frozen, then to defrost it is necessary to hold it on the table at room temperature for several hours.
2. In a plate, mix in salt, sugar, spices, and spices. If you do not like spicy salted fish, then you can not add a clove.
3. Salt herring is best in a piece of thick linen fabric, cotton is also suitable. Pour salt with sugar and spices on a cloth and place the herring, roll it well on all sides, then wrap tightly.
4. Now wrap the herring in a newspaper, and then wrap it in plastic wrap or a regular plastic bag. Put in the fridge for a couple of days.
5. Wash or scrape the finished salted herring with a knife to remove excess salt and spices. Cut the fish the way you usually cut it - cut off the head, remove the fins and separate the halves of the fillet along the ridge line.
6. The herring turned out to be moderately salty, if it had lain another day - it would not be light-salted. Cut the herring fillets into pieces, serve with potatoes, a slice of black bread and green onion feathers.