Americans have a very interesting interpretation of the word “breakfast.” This is not just the designation of the morning meal, but also a certain set of dishes that are usually cooked and eaten only in the morning, and which you practically will not see in the dining room or in the evening menu on the family table or in the restaurant.
So, one of the obligatory dishes of the morning set is muffins. Naturally, they got there for a reason, because it is not so easy to make a good half of the multi-million population of the country love themselves. Just muffins are tasty, convenient and simple.
Naturally, there are many recipes. Today we offer you a variant of tender muffins from dough on kefir.
- flour - 1 stack;
- low-fat kefir - 1/2 stack;
- granulated sugar - 1/2 stack;
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs .;
- vanillin - 1/2 tsp;
- baking powder - 1 tsp;
- butter - 5 tbsp. l .;
- icing sugar.
Servings Per Container: 10-14 Pieces Cooking time: 45 minutes
1. Pour kefir at room temperature into a deep container and beat the eggs.
2. We melt butter in a water bath to a soft state. Add 3-4 tablespoons to the remaining ingredients and whisk everything with a whisk until a homogeneous consistency.
3. Sift flour in a separate container and mix with baking powder. Add the flour, sugar and vanilla to the rest of the ingredients and knead the homogeneous creamy dough without lumps.
4. Lubricate the prepared cake muffins with butter and fill them with 2/3 of the dough, leaving room for “swelling”. The oven is heated to 180 ° C.
5. Send the form with muffins in the oven and bake them until golden brown and the dough is ready (you can check it with a toothpick) for 20-30 minutes.
6. Finished muffins are slightly cooled, then removed from the mold and sprinkled with powdered sugar.