Why the salad of sliced tomatoes with onions, marinated for the winter, is called Czech, is unknown, but in the culinary books of the older generation of hostesses, it is listed under this name. There are several recipes by which you can close the tomatoes in Czech, and they are all good in their own way. To decide which of these options is best, classic or modern, you should cook a snack according to several recipes, and then compare their taste. Regardless of which option is chosen, canned food will certainly be in demand during the cold season.
The traditional Czech-style tomato recipe for winter vegetables includes only tomatoes, onions, and a moderate amount of garlic. On its base, other recipes were invented: savory with an increased amount of garlic, fragrant with lots of greens, especially tasty and beautiful with bell pepper. The technology of cooking snacks may also differ: in some cases, it is prepared with sterilization, in others - without it. Regardless of the recipe chosen, the hostess will need knowledge of a few moments, then the result will definitely not disappoint her.
- Tomatoes for preparing snacks are advisable to take large, which can not be pickled whole. But they should not be soft, spoiled, very overripe, otherwise they will lose their shape during cooking.
- Traditional Czech tomato salad preparation technology does not require their purification, but many housewives take snacks off the tomatoes before preparing snacks, arguing that it affects the taste of snacks favorably.
- Cut tomatoes should be a special knife, resembling a saw with frequent teeth. This device allows you to incise the skin without effort, as a result you do not have to squeeze a lot of juice.
- Garlic for Czech salad can be crushed with the flat side of a knife and finely chopped or passed through a press. The latter method saves time and effort, allows you to get a snack with a more piquant taste, but makes the marinade cloudy.
- Banks for a tomato salad in Czech must be sterilized, the lids for them should be boiled. Only in this way the snack will not spoil for a long time.
- If the recipe of canned food provides for their sterilization, it is better to choose jars of small volume, of equal size.
- After cooking, the cans with snacks are turned over and covered with a blanket, leaving them to cool in a steam bath. This is necessary for additional preservation, so that the workpieces stand better without spoiling even at room temperature.
There are several recipes for tomatoes in Czech, but they all look alike.
Classic Czech Tomatoes Recipe
Composition (1 l):
- tomatoes - 0, 7 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- allspice peas - 5 pcs .;
- bay leaf - 2 pcs .;
- water - 0, 5 l;
- salt - 25 g;
- sugar - 30 g;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 20 ml;
- refined vegetable oil - 20 ml.
- Sterilize the jars, boil suitable lids for 5 minutes.
- Put washed and dried spices at the bottom of the cans.
- Crush the garlic cloves with the flat side of the knife, finely chop them with a knife and spread them on the jars.
- Wash the tomatoes, dry them with napkins.
- Cut the seals in the stalk area. Cut tomatoes into large segments, dividing each fruit into 4-8 parts.
- Peel the onion, cut it into thin half rings.
- Fill the jars with slices of tomatoes, sprinkling them with onion rings.
- Pour oil and vinegar into each jar.
- Separately boil water, dissolving sugar and salt in it.
- Fill the vegetables with hot pickle.
- Cover the jars with lids, put them in a pan, at the bottom of which you should first place a towel.
- Pour water into the pan so that its level reaches the hangers of the cans.
- Over a low heat bring the water in the pan to a boil and sterilize the jars in it for 20 to 40 minutes depending on their volume (20 minutes is required for half-liter containers).
- Carefully remove the jars from the water. Cover them tightly, turn them over and cover them with a blanket.
After a day, cans of salad can be put away in a pantry or other place where supplies are usually kept in your house for the winter.
Czech tomatoes with bell peppers for the winter
Composition (6 liters):
- tomatoes - 3 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 0, 8 kg;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- onions - 1 kg;
- water - 2 l;
- salt - 60 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- sugar - 100 g;
- acetic essence (70 percent) - 20 ml;
- allspice - to taste.
- Place peppercorns and finely chopped garlic on the bottom of the prepared jars, using about half of the amount indicated in the recipe.
- Peel Bulgarian pepper, cut into semicircles that are not too thin.
- Onion, freeing from the husk, cut the same as pepper.
- Tomatoes, washed and dried, cut into large slices.
- Put a layer of tomatoes in jars, put a few slices of pepper and onions on them. So, alternating vegetables, fill the jars to the shoulders. Sprinkle vegetables with the remaining garlic.
- Boil the water. Add salt and sugar to it, wait for it to dissolve. Pour in oil and vinegar, mix. Boil for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Pour hot marinade over the banks.
- Cover them with prepared lids and sterilize in a water bath for 20-40 minutes. Roll up and leave to cool upside down.
Snacks made according to the above recipe can be stored at room temperature.
Czech tomatoes with greens without sterilization
Composition (3 liters):
- tomatoes - 1, 5 kg;
- onions - 0, 5 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 0, 5 kg;
- garlic - 6 cloves;
- basil - 6 branches;
- celery - 3 sprigs;
- bay leaf - 1 pc .;
- allspice peas - 6 pcs .;
- black pepper peas - 6 pcs .;
- coriander seeds - 12 pcs .;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 60 ml;
- vegetable oil - 60 ml;
- sugar - 60 g;
- salt - 45 g;
- water - how much will leave.
- Spread peppers, coriander, finely chopped garlic and greens into pre-sterilized jars.
- Cut the tomatoes into medium-sized slices or circles.
- Cut pepper and onion in half rings or rings.
- Alternating vegetables, fill them in jars.
- Pour boiling water over vegetables, pour out water in 10 minutes.
- Fill with new boiling water, wait 10 minutes and drain it.
- Pour salt and sugar in jars, pour in oil and vinegar.
- Again boil water, pour it over the banks.
- Roll up the cans, turn them over and wrap them up.
After cooling, remove the jars for storage in the basement, cellar or other cool room.
Tomatoes in Czech - one of the most popular winter harvesting. This salad can be a festive table decoration. There are several recipes for dishes, which makes it possible to choose an option for almost every taste.