Vegetable pancakes are usually obtained from housewives as flat, which is why they don’t look appetizing enough, although they can be aromatic and pleasant to the taste. However, in fact, vegetable pancakes are not doomed to be flat and faded. For example, fluffy pancakes from zucchini can be made in several ways, and all of them are quite accessible to any hostess. The main thing - to know the appropriate recipes and some rules.
Lush squash fritters can be fried in a pan or baked in the oven. In this case, you can use the same recipes, varying only the amount of flour added. The main thing - to know what means zucchini muffins attached splendor.
- In order for squash fritters to turn out fluffy, you can add baking powder to the dough or soda. In this case, the soda must be extinguished using a product with a sufficiently high acidity. It can be vinegar, kefir, sour cream.
- Dough for zucchini very often consists of raw chicken eggs, and inexperienced housewives add them whole. In fact, before adding to the dough, it is desirable to separate the yolks from proteins. The yolks are mixed with the rest of the ingredients immediately, but the proteins are injected last, and before that they are whipped into a thick foam.
- When frying zucchini fritters are much more magnificent if you fry them under the lid. In this case, the dough can be spread only on a hot skillet, fry in boiling oil, not saving on it. When baking pancakes in the oven, do not open the door for 10 minutes after turning off the oven, and put the pan with pancakes in a well-heated oven.
- If you add a little bit of turmeric in the dough for the pancakes, the squash fritters will have a golden tint, due to which they will look even more appetizing.
- Zucchini fritters will be especially tasty and fragrant if fresh or dried greens, shredded ginger or chopped garlic, spices are added to the dough. However, it is important not to overdo it with seasonings so that they do not overwhelm the delicate taste of the courgettes themselves.
Knowing the basic principles of cooking lush squash fritters, they can be made on almost any recipe, however, there are recipes for fritters to be especially appetizing and airy. Therefore, it is better not to reinvent the wheel, but to use ready-made solutions.
Fritters of zucchini with garlic and spicy herbs
- young zucchini - 0.6 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- wheat flour - 150 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- baking soda - 2-3 g;
- apple cider vinegar (6%) - 5 ml;
- dried herbs - 20 g;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- vegetable oil - as required.
Method of preparation:
- Wash zucchini. Cut off noses and tails. If the zucchini is young, they can be immediately rubbed on a coarse grater without clearing. If you have not very young zucchini, using a peeler, peel it off. Then cut into two pieces along. Using a regular spoon, remove the seeds. Pulp chop grated with large holes.
- Put the squash mass in a sieve and squeeze. Salt and mix. Leave on the sieve for another quarter of an hour for the squash to produce juice. After that, squeeze them again and put them in a bowl.
- Crush the garlic with a special press and add it to the zucchini.
- Peel the onions from the husk. Grate it on a coarse grater or cut it very finely with a knife.
- Mix zucchini with onions and garlic, herbs, pepper and salt.
- Separate the yolk from the protein. Put the yolk to the vegetables, mix.
- Thicken the vegetable mass with the help of flour, adding it to the vegetables in small portions and stirring everything, better with a mixer.
- Quench the soda with vinegar, add to the dough. Stir and put the dough in a warm place for 20-30 minutes.
- Whip the protein into a thick foam. To make it whisk better, you can cool it before that, as well as add a pinch of salt or sugar to it.
- Gently add the protein to the dough, mix.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Spoon the dough into the pan. Cover the pan with a lid. Fry until pancakes are golden on one side. During this time, they must have time to rise well.
- Turn the pancakes and fry them on the other side. A frying pan at this time is no longer necessary to cover the lid, although there will be no harm.
- Remove the pancakes from the pan and place on a plate covered with a napkin. This is to ensure that excess oil is absorbed into the napkin. Then pancakes will be less high in calories and eating them will be more pleasant.
Fresh herbs can be used instead of dried herbs or in addition to them, finely chopped with a knife. Dill and parsley are especially suitable. Spicy herbs themselves can be taken any, with their help changing the taste and aroma of the finished dish.
Serve cooked according to this recipe lush squash pancakes need hot. The best sauce for them will be sour cream. If desired, you can add a little crushed garlic or finely chopped fresh dill with a knife.
Fritters of zucchini with yogurt
- zucchini - 0.5 kg;
- kefir - 0, 5 l;
- wheat flour - 150 g;
- soda - 2-3 g;
- white yogurt - 0, 2 l;
- fresh dill - 50 g;
- fresh cucumber - 0, 2 kg;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- salt, black pepper - to taste;
- vegetable oil - on demand.
Method of preparation:
- Wash, dry with a napkin and clean the zucchini.
- Cut the courgette in half or 4 pieces, remove the seeds from it with a spoon.
- Chop the squash pulp grated using the side on which the holes are the largest.
- Add soda to kefir. Stir. Put in a warm place for 10-15 minutes.
- After the indicated time, pour kefir into a container with chopped zucchini, pepper and mix.
- When adding flour in small portions, make a dough similar to thick sour cream in a uniform consistency.
- Fry the squash fritters in boiling oil, spreading the dough in the pan with a tablespoon. It is better to fry under the lid so that the pancakes rise better.
- Crush the garlic, grate the cucumber on a fine grater. Mix and squeeze them.
- Put vegetable mass in yogurt.
- Add finely chopped dill in yogurt, mix well.
Serve lush squash fritters cooked on kefir, hot, watering them with fragrant sauce. If desired, soda in this recipe can be replaced with baking powder for the test. Measure its quantity, being guided by the instruction applied to the bag of baking powder.
Even an inexperienced cook can make lush pancakes from zucchini. After all, the whole thing is not so much in the skill, as in the knowledge of the methods that allow to give pomp to the vegetable pancakes.