Vegetable stew is one of the most healthy dishes. It contains a lot of vitamins and other substances necessary for the body and low in calories. It can be served as a side dish or as a separate dish. Vegetable stew recommended for frequent inclusion in the diet of those who want to keep a slim figure. It can be eaten in the post, and vegetarians do not refuse it. However, many housewives prefer to cook vegetable stew with mushrooms. They have virtually no effect on the energy value of the dish, but make it more satisfying. In addition, with mushrooms, vegetable stew acquires an even more seductive aroma, and its taste becomes more interesting and rich.
With seeming simplicity, cooking vegetable stew with mushrooms has its own specific features. If you don’t know them, the result may be unpredictable. It is possible that you will not get an appetizing dish, but a shapeless mass that no one wants to eat.
- All vegetables have a different structure. Some of them prepare very quickly, others need more time. In some, the skin is delicate, and it does not need to be removed, in others it remains hard and can stick to the palate, which makes it unpleasant to eat - they are cleaned before cooking. For this reason, to prepare a tasty stew of vegetables, two things need to be considered: the order in which the products are laid and the correctness of their pre-treatment.
- The ordering of product bookmarks is almost always described in recipes. If for any reason it is not specified, then it is worth knowing that the first to lay hard vegetables (cabbage, potatoes, carrots), the latter - having a more tender structure (zucchini, eggplant). If you pre-fry the vegetables separately, you can lay them at the same time or almost simultaneously.
- If you pre-fry vegetables and mushrooms and only then extinguish them, the dish will turn out to be tastier, but more nutritious.
- Eggplants need the most thorough preparation of all vegetables. The fact is that they contain harmful solanine, giving the “blue” bitterness. You can remove it with salt. To do this, eggplants are cleaned, cut, poured with salt water for about half an hour, then thoroughly washed and dried. You can do without water, just salted eggplants, and then washing and removing excess moisture using paper napkins.
- Squashes are cleaned only if they are large. Then it is also necessary to extract the seeds from them.
- Tomatoes should also be peeled. There is a way to easily remove the skin from them without damaging the flesh. To do this, on the side opposite the stem, make a cross-shaped incision. Then the tomatoes are dipped in boiling water. After a couple of minutes, they are removed with a slotted spoon and cooled. Then it remains to pull the corners of the skins in the cut area, and it will be removed, like flower petals.
- To cook a vegetable stew with mushrooms, you need to remember that many of them also need to be pre-processed. The exception to this rule are porcini mushrooms and champignons. For this reason, for the preparation of the stew, the hostesses most often use them.
Vegetable stew with mushrooms can be prepared according to different recipes. Therefore, the cooking technology may vary slightly depending on the selected recipe.
Vegetable stew with mushrooms and cabbage
- champignons - 0, 3 kg;
- white cabbage - 0, 6 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- sweet pepper - 0, 2 kg;
- carrots - 150 g;
- tomatoes - 0, 3 kg;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- vegetable oil - as required.
- Wash mushrooms, pat dry with napkins and cut into thin plates.
- Peel the onion from the husk and cut it into thin half rings.
- Wash the cabbage. The upper leaves are usually lethargic, so it is better to remove them. After that, chop the cabbage into small strips.
- Peel the carrot, grate it on a coarse grater.
- Tomatoes, having made cuts on them, dip for a couple of minutes in boiling water. Put them in a bowl of cold water. After a few minutes, remove from the water and clean. Cut the pulp into small cubes.
- Pepper wash, cut the stem. Remove seeds from pepper, cut it into quarters of rings.
- Heat oil in a pan. Put the mushrooms and onions in it, fry until almost all the liquid released from the mushrooms evaporates from the pan.
- In a cauldron, heat a new batch of oil. Remember cabbage hands, so she gave the juice, and put in a cauldron. Place the carrots there. Fry the cabbage for 10 minutes, stirring so that it does not burn.
- Add pepper, continue frying vegetables for another 5 minutes.
- Combine vegetables with mushrooms and tomatoes, salt and pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer the stew with mushrooms for 20-30 minutes, depending on whether you have young cabbage or already mature.
Before serving, sprinkle with chopped greens well. It can be served on the second or used as a side dish for meat dishes or sausages.
Vegetable stew with mushrooms and potatoes in pots
- potatoes - 0.5 kg;
- white mushrooms - 0, 2 kg;
- zucchini - 0, 3 kg;
- carrots - 0, 3 kg;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- ground paprika - 5 g;
- salt, pepper, greens - to taste;
- vegetable oil - as needed;
- cheese (optional) - 50 g;
- sour cream - 100 ml;
- Tomato juice - 0, 2 l.
- Peel potatoes and cut them into cubes of medium size, about a centimeter or a little more.
- Peel carrots and cut into slices. If a carrot is large, then it is advisable to cut it into semicircles or even quarters of circles.
- Wash, dry and chop the mushrooms into small cubes.
- Finely chop the garlic or crush it with a special press.
- Chop greens with a knife.
- Zucchini wash and cut into cubes of approximately the same size as the potatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Brown the potatoes, carrots, zucchini in turn.
- In a separate pan, fry the mushrooms until half cooked.
- Mix the mushrooms with vegetables, salt, pepper and ground paprika. Fill the pots with this mixture.
- Pour some tomato juice or tomato paste diluted in water into each pot.
- Brush the sour cream over the vegetables.
- Place the pots on a baking tray and place it in the oven.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees and cook the vegetable stew in it with porcini mushrooms and potatoes for 40 minutes.
- Take out the pots, sprinkle their contents with greens and garlic. If desired, sprinkle all the grated grated cheese.
- Return the pots to the oven and continue cooking the stew for another 10 minutes.
The taste and aroma of vegetable stew with porcini mushrooms and potatoes cooked in pots are unlikely to leave anyone indifferent.
Vegetable stew with mushrooms and eggplants
- eggplants - 0.5 kg;
- champignons - 0, 25 kg;
- sweet pepper - 0, 2 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- tomato juice - 0, 3 l;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- salt and seasoning to taste;
- vegetable oil - as required.
- Clean, cut enough large cubes and soak the eggplants in salted water. Rinse and pat dry.
- Pepper wash, cut into 4 pieces lengthwise, remove the seeds along with the stem. Cut pepper into quarters of rings, not too thin.
- Peel onion, cut into thin half rings.
- Wash, dry, and slice the champignons.
- Finely chop the garlic with a knife.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet, put onions and mushrooms in it. Fry until the liquid released from the mushrooms evaporates.
- Add eggplants. Fry them for 7-8 minutes with the mushrooms.
- Add pepper, salt, spices, garlic. Fill with tomato juice.
- Stew vegetables with mushrooms for half an hour on low heat.
The combination of mushrooms with eggplants will surely please you: they are in perfect harmony with each other. Serve this stew can be with potatoes, rice or separately. It perfectly complements any meat dish, but is tasty by itself.
Vegetable stew with mushrooms is a nourishing, but at the same time, fairly easy and healthy dish. It can be eaten even by those who are on a diet.