For those who adhere to a special diet before Easter, you can make lean potato patties - despite the simplicity of their preparation, this is a tasty and satisfying snack. Onion frying is obligatory, and you can also add carrots, mushrooms, garlic, beans, fresh greens. Spices and spices are also desirable, thanks to them the meatballs will become even more expressive in taste.
- 500 g of potatoes;
- 1 onion;
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- 1/5 tsp. dried garlic;
- 1/5 tsp. ground coriander;
- 5 tbsp. l breadcrumbs;
- 1/2 tsp. salt.
1. Potatoes need to be cleaned, washed and cut into small pieces, send to boil in salted water - 20-25 minutes. You can also boil the potatoes first “in uniform”, then cool, peel and mash the vegetable.
2. Drain almost all the water, mash potatoes in mashed potatoes without lumps. As required, the potato broth can be added back to obtain the desired consistency of potato masses for meatballs.
3. Peel and chop up the large onion bulb.
4. Pour oil for frying in a frying pan and fry onions on a low heat until caramel shade, stirring for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add spices and dried garlic to the saucepan with mashed potatoes. You can add fresh garlic, peeled and passed through a special press.
6. Now send to mashed roasted onions.
7. Mix everything well and try it - you may want to add salt or spices.
8. Put the breadcrumbs in the saucer. Hands moistened in water, form small oval cutlets and roll them in breadcrumbs from all sides.
9. In a pan, heat the cooking oil and add the potato patties. Roast them on low heat for 3-4 minutes on one side.
10. Turn the cutlets over to the other side and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
11. Serve a snack right away — with vegetables, fresh greens, and sauce.