It would seem that it is easier to put out a rabbit with potatoes. But it turns out, not everyone knows how to cook rabbit correctly. And all because of the fact that in the finished form the rabbit meat often turns out to be dry. And the smell of rabbit, many do not like.
But everything is fixable. The braised rabbit will turn out juicy and soft if you use the slow cooker - modern kitchen appliances. And to cope with the specific smell of rabbit meat will help tips experienced housewives.
- Before you start cooking a dish, you need to properly process the rabbit carcass. If the rabbit is young, then no special action is required. Enough to wash the carcass well in cold water, and even better - hold it under running water.
- The adult carcass needs soaking and pickling. Soak the rabbit for several hours in cold water. Maintain rabbit in a weak marinade of water, vinegar and spices to taste. Water with vinegar can be replaced with dry white wine. Before heat treatment, the carcass must be washed in cold water and blotted with a paper towel.
- Rabbit with potatoes - the perfect combination for making a full meal. Potatoes are soaked with the aromas of meat, which when stewing turns out to be very tender. And all thanks to the multicooker, in which the heat treatment of products occurs so carefully that they retain most of the nutrients.
- A rabbit with potatoes can be cooked in a multicooker of any model. The main thing is that it had the function of “Quenching” or “Soup”. Sometimes these two modes are combined: “Stewing / Soup”.
- Rabbit meat is first fried in butter, exposing the “Frying” mode. In some multivarks this function is not available. In this case, it is replaced by the “Baking” mode (it is in any multicooker).
- In addition to potatoes, other vegetables are added to the dish: onions, carrots, Bulgarian pepper, zucchini, eggplants. These vegetables are well combined with each other, they do not contain acid, which inhibits the preparation of potatoes.
- Sometimes a rabbit is stewed with potatoes and tomatoes. In this case, the tomatoes need to put when the potato is half cooked. Otherwise, tomato juice can make potatoes harsh.
- Thanks to the steam inside the multicooker, the rabbit meat quickly becomes soft, does not dry out, and the potatoes are well boiled soft.
- In order for rabbit meat and potatoes to be soft, they should be covered with a sufficient amount of liquid. It can be cream, sour cream, vegetable broth, broth or just water.
Rabbit stewed with potatoes and sour cream in a slow cooker
- rabbit - 0, 5 kg;
- onions - 2 pcs .;
- carrots - 1 pc .;
- salt - to taste;
- lard - 1 tbsp. l .;
- potatoes - 800 g;
- ground black pepper - to taste;
- bay leaf - 2 pcs .;
- seasoning for potatoes dry - 1 tsp;
- water or broth - approximately 500 ml.
- Divide the prepared rabbit carcass into parts. This can be done with a sharp knife, cutting the carcass along the joints. So you will get rid of small fragments of bones, which are obtained when chopping with a hatchet.
- Peel and wash onions and carrots. Onion cut into half rings, carrots - into thin slices.
- Peel potatoes, wash, cut into medium cubes - about 3? 3 cm. It is not necessary to shred potatoes, otherwise it will fall apart greatly.
- Smear the bowl of the multicooker, switch on the “Frying” mode. When the bowl warms up, put the meat pieces. Fry with the lid open for 10 minutes, turning the meat with a spatula.
- When the rabbit pieces are covered with a light crispy crust, put onion, mix, fry for another five minutes. The frying time in the recipes is approximate. You may have this process faster or slower - it all depends on the power of the multicooker, the juiciness of the vegetables, the way of cutting.
- Put the carrots, mix. All together warm up for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour hot broth or water; liquid should cover meat and vegetables.
- Close the multicooker lid. Turn off the frying mode, set the “Soup” program, simmer the meat for 30 minutes.
- Put potatoes, seasoning for potatoes, salt, pepper, bay leaf. Add a little more water so that the potatoes are submerged in the liquid.
- Stew in this mode for 30 minutes - until the potatoes are soft. If in your multicooker there is a “Quenching” function, then in this case the cooking time may take up to 1 hour. The fact is that the temperature in this mode is slightly lower than when cooking soup.
- Try meat and potatoes. If they are ready, put the braised rabbit with potatoes on a dish and sprinkle with herbs.
Rabbit stewed with potatoes and cream in a slow cooker
- rabbit - 0, 5 kg;
- onions - 3 pcs .;
- potatoes - 800 g;
- cream - 500 ml;
- salt - to taste;
- black pepper to taste;
- ghee - 1 tsp.
- Cut the prepared rabbit into portions. Put in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper, leave to marinate for one hour.
- Peel the onion from the husk, wash, cut into strips.
- Peel potatoes, wash, cut into cubes or cubes.
- Set the slow cooker to “Frying” mode. Put the butter in the bowl, heat it with the lid open. Put the pieces of meat and fry on all sides until light brown crust.
- Put onions, mix. Fry to a yellowish color.
- Put the potatoes, stir, lightly fry. It will improve the taste of the dish.
- Pour warm cream. You can not pour in cold cream: from this the potatoes can darken. If they have not completely covered the potatoes, add hot water. Put salt and pepper. Let the cream boil.
- Turn off the slow cooker. Set the mode “Quenching”. Cook until potato and rabbit are soft for about 1 hour.
- Put the rabbit stewed with potatoes on a dish, sprinkle with herbs.
Mistress to note
In a multicooker rabbit with potatoes can be cooked very quickly. To do this, install the program "Baking", fry the meat on all sides, add onions, carrots, fry everything together. Top up with water, close the lid and let simmer for 20 minutes. Put the potatoes, mix. In the same mode, cook until soft - about 20 minutes. But in this case, the potatoes will be boiled.
If you want to cook a rabbit with potatoes in a tomato, you can do the following. Fry the rabbit first, add a little water, stew for 20 minutes. Then put the potatoes, salt, simmer for about ten minutes. Separately, fry onions, carrots and tomatoes in a pan and add to the potatoes. Simmer everything together until the potatoes are ready.