For those who have never used kiwi for such culinary purposes, the first marinade with it should be a real revelation. The fact is that the fruit pulp contains a substance that quickly and efficiently breaks down protein, and several kiwi stuff can turn a few kilograms of meat into meat paste overnight.
Because of this “aggressiveness”, the kiwi marinade is more often used for hard meat — beef, lamb, or pork from an old animal (but even in these cases, it’s not worth marinating meat for a long time).
The factory chicken is, of course, a soft chicken in itself, however, chicken drumsticks are the most accessible and simple object for checking the marinade's effect. But do not forget - a long pastime with kiwi is deadly for meat, so the maximum time of marinating is 1 hour (better - less).
- chicken legs - 800 g;
- Kiwi - 1 medium unit;
- low fat mayonnaise - 2 table. lodges .;
- salt, dried herbs, seasoning for chicken, black pepper to taste;
- sunflower oil
1. To prepare delicious chicken legs, marinated in kiwi, thaw meat and rinse thoroughly under running water. Then we dry each leg with a paper napkin.
2. Kiwi gently and thoroughly peel the skin, then chop the flesh into small cubes.
3. Place the chicken legs in a deep container, add to them kiwi slices and mayonnaise, carefully distributing the mass.
4. Add spices, salt and pepper on top of the shins and mix everything thoroughly again.
5. Leave the chicken to marinate for an hour.
6. Heat the oven to 180 ° C. Put the drumsticks in a baking dish, smeared with sunflower oil, and send to the oven for 30-35 minutes. We bake legs until golden crisp.
7. Ready-made chicken legs marinated in kiwi and mayonnaise are served hot, garnished with lettuce leaves. Combine with any side dish and are suitable for a festive feast.