The combination of tastes, seemingly contradictory at first glance, in fact often turns out to be harmonious. Fruits are often combined with meat and fish products, getting unusual and tasty snacks. One of the most universal fruits is avocado. This fruit has a neutral taste and delicate oily flesh, which allows it to combine low-calorie seafood with it, preparing light and at the same time rich snacks. Salads with avocado and shrimps always look elegant, tasty, healthy. Among the many options of this dish there are suitable for everyday dinner, festive table and diet snack.
In order for the salad of avocado and shrimp turned out tasty and beautiful, they need to be able to choose and cook.
- Avocados are best picked ripe. They should not be rigid, but elastic. Cutting the fruit, try not to damage the bone, as it contains toxic substances. Next, the fruit is cleared from the skin and cut as indicated in the recipe. In some cases, it is required not only to carefully cut the pulp, but also to preserve the skin, in order to use avocado halves as containers for serving snacks. This can be done by cutting the flesh up and down, as if sketching a grid. Cutting the flesh, be careful not to damage the shell. After that, take a spoon and use it to remove the flesh, leaving the skin intact.
- Salad shrimps can be purchased peeled or in shell. Experienced culinary experts advise to give preference to unpeeled crustaceans, as they are better stored. If they have ugly dark spots, it is better to look for a product in another store. The recipe may indicate the amount of peeled seafood. Uncleaned in this case will require 2, 5 times more.
- Before cooking, the shrimp can not be thawed, but the products that are thawed out before cooking turn out to be a little more tender. Thawing crustacean mollusks is possible only in natural conditions, without using a microwave.
- When cooking, shrimps are immersed in boiling water, after having dissolved the salt in it. Additionally, you can add a little lemon juice, spices. It is important not to digest seafood, otherwise they will become tough and tasteless. Cooking time for shrimp depends on whether they have been previously cooked, as well as on their size. Regular medium-sized shrimp are cooked for 5 minutes if they are completely raw, and two times less - if they are boiled-frozen. Cooking large shrimp usually takes 8-12 minutes. A signal about the readiness of mollusks is usually their ascent to the surface of the water.
- Some recipes suggest using fried shrimps for salad. They should first be defrosted and dried with a napkin, raw (not cooked, frozen, but just frozen) seafood should also be boiled until half cooked, and then proceed to frying. You will learn about the readiness of shrimps when they are cooked in a pan by their color: they will no longer be translucent.
The shape and size of the ingredients, the choice of dressing, affect the taste and appearance of the dish. Following the recommendations in the recipe, on the basis of which you are preparing a snack, you will avoid unpleasant surprises, and the result will please you.
Simple shrimp and avocado salad
- shrimp peeled, cooked and frozen - 0, 4 kg;
- avocados - 0.5 kg;
- lemon juice - 50 ml;
- green onions - 50 g;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- mayonnaise or tartar sauce - 100 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Boil water, add salt and pepper to it, dip shrimp in liquid, boil for 2 minutes, drain in a colander, let dry.
- Pour two tablespoons of lemon juice over the shrimp and mix.
- Wash the avocados, pat them dry, cut them lengthwise. Remove the bone.
- Using a spoon, carefully remove the pulp, cut it into small pieces, sprinkle with the remaining lemon juice.
- Combine the shrimp and avocado, add the sauce to them, mix.
- Fill the avocado halves with a snack, overlaying it with a slide.
- Finely chop green onions with a knife, sprinkle them on a snack.
Instead of green onions, you can take dill or parsley to decorate the salad. They can not grind.
Salad with avocado, shrimps and cherry tomatoes
- shrimps cooked and frozen, peeled - 0, 2 kg;
- leaf lettuce - 50 g;
- avocados - 0, 25 kg;
- cherry tomatoes - 100-120 g;
- canned corn - 130 g;
- sweet pepper - 0, 2 kg;
- balsamic vinegar - 5 ml;
- butter - 20 g;
- soy sauce - 20 ml;
- olive oil - 60 ml;
- ground black pepper to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Thaw shrimps, let them dry.
- Melt butter in a pan, add a spoonful of olive oil to it.
- In the oil mixture, fry the shrimp, giving each side 3-4 minutes. If the shrimp are small, shorten the cooking time by half.
- Pepper, add soy sauce. Reduce heat and simmer seafood for a couple of minutes, cool and transfer to a bowl.
- Wash tomatoes, cut in halves, combine with shrimp.
- Wash, dry the avocado. Remove the bone. Peel the fruit. Pulp cut into cubes or medium-sized slices, put to the shrimp and tomatoes.
- Wash the pepper. Remove the stalk, remove the seeds. Pulp cut into quarters of rings, send to the rest of the products.
- Open a jar of corn, drain the liquid from it. Corn grains pour to other ingredients.
- Mix the remaining olive oil with balsamic vinegar. Season the salad with the resulting mixture.
- Wash and dry lettuce leaves, tear them with your hands, put them on a dish.
- Put the prepared snack on the salad leaves.
A light and colorful salad made according to this recipe will decorate the table. Even dieters will not give up on it.
Salad with avocado, shrimps and orange
- avocados - 0, 2 kg;
- boiled-frozen shrimps (peeled) - 0, 4 kg;
- leaf lettuce - 50 g;
- arugula - 50 g;
- salad onions - 50 g;
- oranges - 0, 3 kg;
- lemon juice - 40-50 ml;
- olive oil - 20 ml;
- salt, black pepper powder - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the oranges, dry them with a kitchen towel.
- Peel one orange, divide into slices. Free the slices from the film, put in a bowl. From the second orange squeeze the juice, pour it into a small container.
- Wash lettuce and arugula leaves, dry them, tear them with hands and put them against oranges.
- Boil the shrimp in salted water, put it in a bowl with other products.
- Cut the avocado pulp into medium-sized slices, add to the remaining ingredients.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice to orange juice, beat with a whisk. Season with fruit sauce salad.
The salad made according to this recipe will appeal to people with a sophisticated taste. Especially like it ladies.
How to decorate an avocado salad with shrimps
If whole fried shrimps and sliced avocados are used to make a salad, it will already look beautiful and rich - it will be enough to put it on a beautiful dish. Otherwise, the hostess has to think about how to arrange a snack when it is served at the table. You can offer several options for decorating this dish.
- When preparing a snack of tiger shrimps, do not chop them all, leave a few copies to decorate the dish. The most beautiful look unpeeled fried seafood. They can be put on a salad, laid out by a slide or given a cylindrical shape, put on the edge of the dish.
- Small shrimps will be a good decoration if they are hung on the edge of a salad bowl or ice cream bowl filled with salad. If the appetizer is served on a platter, the shrimp can be spread around it, creating an unpretentious openwork pattern.
- When serving a portion of salad, it is often offered in avocado halves, more precisely, in its skin. Additionally, such “boats” can be decorated with a sail from a wooden or plastic skewer, putting a piece of vegetable (tomato, cucumber) or cheese, lettuce leaf on it. Products for decoration, it is desirable to use from among those that are part of the snack. An exception is made only for greens and lemon.
Whatever recipe you make for a salad of shrimp and avocado, it will look good on salad leaves.
Salads with avocado and shrimps have a unique taste, look aesthetically pleasing. They can be cooked on weekdays, but more often such a dish is made for the holiday table.