Austria is famous for its desserts. Sweet buns, which are baked here, are known all over the world. Our compatriots came up with the idea to cook from the dough used by the Austrians to make their famous baking, Easter cupcakes, and the result was amazing. Kulich from Vienna dough is tender, crumbly and not stale for a long time. Even a cook who has little experience can make it, if he follows the recommendations accompanying the selected recipe.
The process of making baked goods from Viennese dough is not easy. However, even the beginning hostess will cope with the task, if she is attentive and shows patience. Knowing a few important points will avoid failures and get the expected result.
- For Viennese dough, you must use the highest quality flour. The second-rate product will give baking a gray color and a specific flavor. From it it will not turn out fragrant and appetizing, even if the technology of kneading dough will not be broken.
- Any dough, even the best and most expensive, must be sifted before combining with other ingredients. This is done not only in order to save the product from the small litter and insect larvae that can be caught in it. The main purpose of this manipulation is to saturate the flour with oxygen. After sifting, it becomes easy, it is easy to combine with other components, not allowing the formation of lumps. The dough, kneaded on such flour, rises better, baking from it comes out more air.
- Viennese dough contains a significant amount of baking. In order for it to rise well, you must use a sponge method of its preparation. If you hurry and try to knead the dough using the straight-through method, there is a risk of just spoiling all the products.
- For the preparation of Viennese dough, you can use both pressed and dry yeast. For their activation requires a warm liquid, usually it serves as milk, heated to a temperature of 30-35 degrees. This temperature is optimal for the yeast to wake up and start working. If they are filled with liquid hotter than 40 degrees, they may die. When using cold milk, activation of fermenting microorganisms can be avoided.
- To make the dough and dough come, they must be kept in a warm room, protecting from drafts. Experienced bakers argue that yeast dough can react even to loud sounds and bad mood.
- Usually raisins are added to the dough for cakes, but it can be replaced with other dried fruits or candied fruits.
- When baking cakes from pastry dough, they fill in special forms with only two thirds or even less, since in the process of baking, the dough greatly increases in size.
- Before being placed in the oven, the dough should be allowed to separate. During this time, the oven must be heated to 180-200 degrees.
- Bake cupcakes from Viennese pastry for about 30-50 minutes. The exact cooking time depends on the size of the Easter cakes. Product readiness can be checked with a toothpick. If after dipping in the dough, it remains dry, the cakes are ready.
They don’t hurry to remove the finished baking from the molds, as it is very fragile and can fall apart. It will be possible to take the cake out of the mold when it is completely cooled.
The classic recipe for kulich cake from dough
- wheat flour - 1, 5 kg;
- chicken egg - 6 pcs .;
- egg whites - 2 pcs .;
- sugar - 0.5 kg;
- icing sugar - 0, 2 kg;
- vanilla sugar - 10 g;
- salt - 5 g;
- fresh yeast - 50 g;
- milk - 0, 5 l;
- butter - 0, 3 kg;
- refined vegetable oil - how much will go;
- raisins - 150 g;
- lemon juice - 5 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Heat the milk to about 30-35 degrees, pour it into a bowl. Crumble into a container with milk yeast, add a glass of sugar. Mix well to achieve complete dissolution of the yeast and sugar crystals.
- Wait a moment until a frothy cap appears on the surface of the milk, indicating that the yeast has worked.
- Sift flour. Sprinkle it into the milk, stirring well each time, until the dough begins to resemble sour cream of medium fat content.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and keep warm until the sponge fits.
- When the dough rises and gathers to fall off, is covered with cracks, proceed to the next step of kneading the dough.
- Eggs in the amount of 6 pieces break into a bowl. Add a second glass of sugar to them, add vanilla sugar and salt.
- Beat eggs with sugar.
- Melt the butter. This can be done in the microwave or on low heat. While heating the oil, do not let it boil.
- Allow the butter to cool slightly to prevent the eggs from boiling. Pour it to the egg mass, whisk them together.
- Connect the egg-oil mixture with the brew, mix well.
- Sift flour again. Pouring it into the dough in parts and stirring it, make a soft, but not too sticky dough.
- Stir raisins into the dough.
- Forms for Easter cakes grease with vegetable oil. Spread the dough on them, filling them all by a third.
- Leave the dough with the dough in a warm place for 1, 5-2 hours. During this time, it will fit, having doubled.
- Place the molds in an oven preheated to 200 degrees and bake the muffins until ready.
- Remove the muffins from the oven. Let them cool.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Mix proteins with lemon juice, beat them until resistant peaks.
- Continuing to whip the whites, add the icing sugar into them.
- Cover the cakes with protein glaze, let it frost.
Glaze can be used not only protein, but also any other, suitable for decorating this kind of baking.
Kulich from Viennese dough in bread maker
- wheat flour - 0, 3 kg;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- milk - 85 ml;
- sugar - 85 g;
- live yeast - 13 g;
- butter - 50 g;
- vanilla - on the tip of a knife;
- raisins - 100 g.
Method of preparation:
- Combine the eggs with sugar, whisk with a whisk or a mixer.
- Heat the milk a little, crumble the yeast into it. Mix thoroughly.
- Combine both mixtures, leave in a warm place for 8-12 hours.
- Pour the dough into the bread maker's container. Pour the sifted flour and vanillin. Add softened butter.
- Start the unit by selecting the program “Sweet bread” or similar. In the absence of such programs, activate the main one.
- Add raisins when a special signal is heard (during kneading).
- Wait until the end of the program.
It takes 3 hours to cook the cake in the bread maker, but the result will not disappoint you.
Easter cake from Viennese dough on sour cream
- wheat flour - 2, 1 kg;
- butter or margarine - 0, 35 kg;
- milk - 0, 5 l;
- chicken egg - 7 pcs .;
- sugar - 0.5 kg;
- raisins - 0, 25 kg;
- vanillin - 1 g;
- dry yeast - 45 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 30 ml;
- sour cream - 0, 25 l.
Method of preparation:
- Mix warm milk with yeast and a glass of sugar. Mix well and leave for 15 minutes.
- Add 100 g of sifted flour, mix, get a homogeneous mass.
- Break eggs into a bowl, whisk with a whisk, combine with brew.
- Add 100 g of melted butter and 30 ml of vegetable. Stir.
- Put the brew in a warm place for 3-4 hours.
- Melt the remaining butter, let it cool slightly.
- Add butter, sugar, vanillin and sour cream to the dough. Work this mix with a mixer.
- Sift flour. Beat the liquid with a mixer, gradually add flour to it.
- Cover the dough with a film, leave for one and a half hours in a warm place.
- Zaryte the raisins, fill it with boiling water. After 15 minutes, drain the water, dry the dried fruits.
- Roll out the dough, sprinkle with raisins, roll the dough into a roll.
- Leave the dough for another half hour. Then divide it into pieces and spread on the molds, filling them two thirds.
- Let the dough stand for another 20 minutes. During this time, preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Put the molds in the oven with cakes and bake them for 30-50 minutes until cooked.
It remains to let the cakes cool, remove them from the molds, if necessary. If the cakes were prepared in special paper forms, they can be served directly to the table.
From the Vienna dough, the cakes are airy and tender, a bit like a rum baba. They are well kept, do not get stale for a long time. You can prepare them according to several recipes, each has its own admirers.