Stuffed peppers are close in spirit to stuffed cabbage, but if the soft cabbage is almost lost on the background of the filling and sauce, while giving up the leading role of minced meat, the pepper feels very bright in the finished dish.
Sweet pepper has a lot of varieties and they can all be stuffed. Choose a larger fruit for this dish so that the ratio of filling to pepper is large.
Vegetables to the stuffing can be added raw, or you can fry in a small amount of fat - in this case, the taste of the dish will be softer.
Stuffed pepper produces excellent frozen semi-finished products. You can also freeze ready-made stewed or just blanched pepper.
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 kg .;
- meat (beef) - 600 g;
- carrots - 1 large pcs .;
- onion - 1 large pcs .;
- tomato - 1 pc .;
- white rice - 0, 5 glasses.
1. For cooking stuffed peppers, we collect the ingredients. Wash vegetables, peel the onions and carrots.
2. Cooking minced meat in a deep dish: mince beef (you can use chicken or pork). Grate carrots on a fine grater, finely chop the onion. Add vegetables to the meat.
3. Scroll the tomato in the meat grinder until the tomato puree is formed and pour it into the mincemeat.
4. Rice (it is better to take Chinese oblong) boil a little to a semi-solid state (5 minutes) and add to the minced meat.
5. Thoroughly mix the minced meat with rice, add pepper and salt.
6. In the bell peppers we cut out the middle, take out the grains and rinse inside with water. Then evenly, tightly and tightly distribute the stuffing inside the pepper.
7. Put the peppers in the pan and pour them on 1/3 with water (it is better to take tomato paste and roast them with carrots, greens and onions). Simmer the peppers on low heat with the lid closed for 40-60 minutes. Serve warm.