Raspberry is a berry that leaves no one indifferent. Children love raspberries for its aroma, sweetness and just a beautiful look. Mistresses prepare all kinds of desserts from it: compotes, jams, mousses, as well as fillings for pies and layers for cakes. Even those who are indifferent to sweets have found a use for it. They make great wine from this berry.
And the raspberry wine turns out fragrant, sweet, like a liqueur, a beautiful ruby color. It can be served on a festive table with expensive wines, and they will not overshadow it.
But to make it, you need to get acquainted with the basics of winemaking.
- Raspberry is an excellent raw material for wine. It ferments well, and it is not for nothing that it is used to make a ferment for wines from another berry.
- Raspberry wine is well lightened, so it can be tasted as early as the year of production.
- It is best to put red raspberry wine varieties: Marlboro, Novost Kuzmina, Usanka, Kaliningrad, Smena, Mourner, Texas. These varieties produce excellent liqueur wines. Dry wines made from this berry are not recommended.
- White and yellow raspberry varieties are not suitable for wine. Although some winemakers believe that they turn yellow wine, similar to grape wine, but with a more refined aroma.
- They don’t wash raspberries for wine, as there are live bacteria on the surface of berries that are responsible for fermentation. This is wild yeast. If the berries are washed, then the yeast will be washed off. Such a wine will not roam on its own. It will be necessary to put in it the prepared sourdough in advance.
- In order for the wine to turn out to be of the highest quality, the berry for it is used not wrinkled and rotten, having decided that it will have to be kneaded, but healthy and ripe. You can take overripe raspberries, as long as there is no mold on it, otherwise the wine will be spoiled irrevocably.
- The strength of raspberry wine depends on the amount of sugar. The more sugar is put, the stronger the drink will be. To make a wine with a strength of 11%, about 200 grams of sugar is added per liter, but the sweetness of the berries themselves must be taken into account.
- Crimson wine should not be sour, so after pressing sugar and water are added to the juice, which dilutes the acid. To dissolve sugar better, and fermentation took place more intensively, sugar is put in several stages: first, before fermentation, then 2-3 times during the fermentation period.
- To make the wine more sweet, sugar syrup is added to it. But he can resume the fermentation of the drink, already bottled. To prevent this, the product is recommended to be pasteurized. To do this, a bottle of wine is closed with a stopper, which is fixed with a string. The wine is heated in water heated to 65 ° for 20 minutes. This drink is better stored, ripens faster, has a more refined taste.
Semi-Dry Raspberry Wine
- raspberry - 2 kg;
- sugar - 300 g.
- sort out the raspberries, free them from garbage, green and rotted berries. Do not wash at all. Therefore, initially harvest good wine for the wine.
- Put the raspberries in the pan and chop them with your hands. Put the sugar and mix well. Cover the dishes with a cloth or gauze and place in a warm place for fermentation.
- After 3-4 days the raspberries will be covered with a foam cap. All the pulp (remnants of berries) will rise up, and the juice will remain at the bottom. Carefully pour the juice into a clean bottle. Squeeze the pulp, pour the rest of the juice into the bottle.
- Close the container with a stopper with a branch tube, the end of which is immersed in a jar of water. Fermentation in the bottle will continue, but carbon dioxide in the tube will go out through the water. If you ignore this moment, the wine, in contact with the air, may soon turn into vinegar or very sour and tasteless low-quality alcoholic beverages.
- Place the bottle in a room with an air temperature of about 25 °. In a cool place, wine fermentation does not occur, and in hot yeast can die.
- If bubbles stopped coming out of the tube, then fermentation stopped. It usually takes 15-25 days. Using a tube, pour the wine into another container and close it again with a water seal.
- Then take the bottle of wine in a cool place and leave to brighten for 30-50 days.
- During this time a precipitate will appear on the bottom. Carefully drain the wine, trying not to affect the sediment.
- Bottle and cork.
Raspberry sweet wine
Ingredients (per 10 liters of wine):
- raspberry juice - 6 l;
- water - 2, 6 l;
- sugar - 2, 4 kg;
- vodka - 1 l;
- yeast - 300 ml.
- First, make a starter. It must be done no earlier than 10 days before making wine, otherwise it will turn sour. To do this, mash 2 glasses of unwashed berries, place in a bottle. Pour 1 cup of water and place half a cup of sugar. Shake well, close with a cotton stopper and place in a warm place for fermentation.
- After 4 days, strain the yeast through several layers of gauze. Now it is ready for use.
- This wine is made from a single raspberry juice. Therefore, prepare so many raspberries, so that, having squeezed it, you get 6 liters of juice. Raw pre-sort, remove green and spoiled berries. Do not wash raspberries, so as not to deprive it of those bacteria necessary for fermentation that are on the berry.
- Chop the berries. Squeeze the juice in any way convenient for you.
- Mix in a saucepan raspberry juice, water and 1, 6 kg of sugar.
- Pour the wort into the bottle, add the leaven. Calculate everything so that the contents take up 2/3 of the capacity. In the bottle should be a place for foam, which will appear during fermentation. Close the bottle with a water seal and place it in a warm place for fermentation, but the temperature there should not be above 25 °.
- After 7-10 days fermentation should stop. Now secure the wine with top quality vodka. Pour it into the bottle and mix thoroughly. Let it brew for 5 days.
- Then strain the wine through a filter, add the rest of the sugar. Bottle.
Raspberry Home Wine
- raspberry - 1 kg;
- water - 1 l;
- sugar - 500 g.
- Sort out the unwashed raspberry berries, remove any spoiled and crumpled ones.
- Fold in a three-liter jar and mash thoroughly, mashing. Pour 700 ml of water and add 300 g of sugar. Stir well to dissolve sugar.
- Close the can with a lid with a branch tube, the end of which is immersed in a container with water. During fermentation, it is on this tube carbon dioxide will go out. In the absence of such a device, many housewives put a rubber glove on the can, making a puncture in it with a needle. Carbon dioxide fills the glove, inflates it and bursts out through the hole, preventing air from getting inside.
- Place the jar in a dark warm place (up to 25 °) for 7-10 days to ferment. Periodically open the jar and mix the contents.
- After this time, strain the pulp, squeeze. Pour the wort into a clean jar. In a separate bowl, mix the remaining water with 100 g of sugar. Pour into a jar of raspberry juice. Close the water seal (wear a glove) and leave for another 3 days.
- Then add the rest of the sugar, mixing it with a small amount of the wort. Close. Leave in a warm place for about 25 days (but you can and longer). Rough fermentation will subside, and small particles of berries and yeast will settle to the bottom. At this time, the wine is clarified. You will notice the end of fermentation by the absence of carbon dioxide bubbles in the water or by a deflated glove.
- Carefully pour the wine into another container with a thin hose - separate the wine from the sediment. Leave it alone for 20-30 days. If sediment appears, carefully pour the wine into another container. To keep it better and stop fermenting, you can fix it with high-grade alcohol, adding 100 ml of vodka to each liter of wine.
- Finally, pour the wine into bottles, stoppered with stoppers and store.
Mistress to note
- If you did everything right, then the wine will be stored well, will not mold and sour. But keeping it at a high temperature is not recommended, as it may change color and become cloudy.
- Keep your wine in a cool place without light.
- To prevent air from getting into the bottles, which has a detrimental effect on the quality of the wine, it should be filled almost to the neck when bottling. Store wine in an inclined position so that the cork is immersed in the liquid.
- Raspberry wine is usually ready to drink in 2-3 months.