Vegetable stew with chicken fillet is a simple and easy-to-cook dish that any cook, even a beginner, can create in his kitchen. You do not need to fry or blanch the ingredients, they are simply put into the container in a certain sequence and stewed in their own juice. Vegetable stew is a healthy and nutritious dish, it is eaten by both senior and junior family members with pleasure. Sour cream of any fat content, thick yogurt or not fatty mayonnaise can be served with stews. What kind of vegetables will be added to the dish - you decide: tomatoes, carrots, bell peppers, onions, zucchini or eggplant.
You will need:
- 1 chicken fillet;
- 2 potatoes;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 1 onion;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 Bulgarian pepper;
- 2 pinches of salt;
- 2 pinches of granulated sugar;
- 2 bay pepper;
- 1 tbsp. water.
1. Rinse the chicken fillet in water, remove the films and strands from it, cut them into medium cubes and pour them into the cauldron. Add bay leaves.
2. Peel the potatoes, carrots and onions. We wash and cut the potatoes into large cubes, and the carrots and onions are small. Add to the container.
3. Dump salt and pour into a cauldron 1 tbsp. hot water. Place the container on the stove, bring its contents to a boil and stew over low heat for about 15 minutes.
4. At this time, wash the tomatoes and peppers. Cut off the cap from the pepper with a handle and clean it from the inside of the seeds, rinse again. Cut both tomatoes and pepper into large pieces and pour them into the cauldron with the rest of the vegetables. Together with the tomatoes, add sugar - it levels the acid of tomatoes.
Stew for about 10 minutes, until the pepper pieces are soft and give their flavor to the dish. By the way, if you do not like to get the peel of tomatoes in the dish, you can pre-boil them for 3 minutes, and then remove it with a knife. Optionally, you can add tomato paste instead of tomatoes or with them in the dish, just add sugar and the stew so that the stew does not turn sour.
5. Place the prepared stew in a la carte plates or deep bowls, bouillas, pour the liquid that is separated during the cooking process and serve to the table along with slices of bread and sauces.