In food, as in life, there is seasonality. In winter, you want liquid, nourishing hot dishes and warm drinks, and in summer, on the contrary, even food should be cool. Cold soups are a category from the summer menu. And although no one forbids cooking okroshka in winter or autumn, we remember it most often in early June, and fresh cucumbers, which are an indispensable attribute and an important component of the recipe, are better to take ground. It is important that the refreshing properties of okroshka consist not only in serving cold, but also in the fact that the basis of the dish is sour or acidified liquid: kvass, kefir, whey, water with sour cream.
- 300 g chicken fillet;
- 3 medium sized fresh cucumbers;
- 2 boiled chicken eggs;
- 100-150 g of canned corn (to taste);
- 2 medium sized boiled potatoes;
- kefir - 300-500 ml (depending on the desired thickness);
- salt, pepper to taste.
1. Prepare the required number of ingredients.
2. Chicken fillet is placed in a saucepan and filled with clean water. After boiling it is necessary to reduce the power of the fire and slightly add salt to the meat. Cook until fully cooked for 15-20 minutes. For juiciness, leave to cool without removing from water.
3. Peel the cucumbers and cut them into small cubes. Excess fluid needs to be drained.
4. Place cucumbers in a container for future okroshka and add corn in the desired quantity.
5. We clean the boiled eggs from the shell and rinse it under running water so that small fragments do not get into the food, and then also cut into cubes.
6. Chilled chicken fillet cut into cubes.
7. Add meat and eggs to the rest of the ingredients.
8. Lastly, cut boiled potatoes in the same way.
9. All products are thoroughly mixed.
10. Pour kefir with vegetables and meat, salt and pepper to taste. Cooked okroshka is best served chilled, seasoned with chopped dill.