A quick, tasty, and inexpensive main dish for lunch or dinner is fried chicken liver with onions. This by-product is sold in any store or supermarket, so you can cook it in just 20-25 minutes. Such a dish can be combined with any side dish of cereals, pasta, vegetables, etc. Even with fresh vegetables or greens, you can take a fried liver with you on a trip or on a picnic, wrapped in foil and cooled.
Liver is a valuable product and even children eat it with pleasure, so if you fry it for them, either soak it in milk, or add sour cream and stew after roasting, so that the by-product gets a creamy taste and becomes softer and softer.
You will need:
- 400 g chicken liver;
- 1 onion;
- 50-60 g of wheat flour;
- 3 pinches of salt;
- 40-50 ml of vegetable or butter.
1. If you purchased frozen chicken liver, first let it freeze for 30-50 minutes, or leave it overnight in the refrigerator, in a container. Then rinse the liver in water and lightly dry with a paper towel, soaking.
2. Pour out wheat flour in a saucer and add spices to it: salt and ground black pepper. Spread in flour each piece of product from all sides.
3. Pour the vegetable oil into the pan and place it on the stove, heat the oil. The liver can also be fried in butter - its taste will be more juicy. Put pieces of liver in flour and fry for about 7-8 minutes on one side.
4. Turn the liver on the other side with a fork or spatula and fry for the same amount of time. Do not forget to cover the pan with the lid, as the liver “shoots” when frying.
5. While the liver is roasting, peel the onions, rinse and chop into rings or half rings, place in a pan to the liver and fry for another 7-10 minutes, stirring a couple of times. At the same stage, you can add sour cream of any fat content if you decide to prepare a dish for children.
6. Cover the pan with a lid, turn off the heat and allow the by-product to steam for about 5-7 minutes.
Put the fried liver and onions on a dish or plate, serve hot with greens, vegetables, and a side dish.