Caviar made from beets, onions and garlic is a real classic of the genre. Probably, such caviar is the second most popular dish of beets after a vinaigrette. Grated sweet beets with fried onions and garlic, and even with walnuts, and even in the Fast - well, who can resist here? Yes, and cook such caviar is easy. The longest and most difficult is to cook a vegetable, since it can take a lot of time. Therefore, consider this stage in advance. You can cook beets in a slow cooker - then your presence is not necessary.
List of ingredients:
- 3 medium beets,
- 1 onion,
- 2-3 cloves of garlic,
- 2 tbsp. l frying oils,
- 5-6 walnut kernels,
- optional salt
- ground black pepper.
1. Taking into account the fact that the beets have already been cooked, we will start preparing vegetables for zazharki. Garlic and onions must be peeled. With the specified amount of garlic snack turns out quite spicy, so you can add a little less. Peeling, finely chop the onion, and you can chop the garlic or skip through a special press (garlic press).
2. Cool and peel the boiled beets.
3. Grate the boiled beets on a fine or coarse grater. Well, with the help of a fine grater, the snack is obtained more gently, and if you knead it straight with a spoon, you can spread it on the bread.
4. Heat vegetable oil in a pan. If you do not stick to Fasting or make a snack at another time, you can fry vegetables and butter. Roast on very low heat, as garlic quickly begins to burn. As soon as the vegetables have a caramel color, transfer them from the pan to the salad bowl to the beets.
5. Split the nutshell and remove the kernels, you can crush them to the state of small chips or leave pieces.
6. Add salt to the appetizer, if desired, add black ground pepper, mix. Some hostesses like to add mayonnaise to this appetizer, so if you stick to a lean diet, use lean mayonnaise. In general, caviar from beets, onions and garlic, and so it turns out without mayonnaise juicy.