The less cooking berries and fruits, the more nutrients they will remain. Reducing the time of heat treatment also contributes to the preservation of the neat shape of fruit slices or whole fruits, it allows you to get a little more sweet treats, as it does not have time to be strongly boiled down. Plum preserves “Five minutes”, despite the fact that they are not cooked for long, are quite thick due to the high content of pectin in it. It is a good idea to make a dessert belonging to this category of preserves for the winter.
Cooking “Five minutes” of plum jam for the winter can be done using several recipes. Cooking technology can also be different. But there are several points that you need to know and take into account, regardless of the option of cooking plum jam.
- Jam can be made from plum slices or whole plums. If you are preparing a delicacy of whole fruits, they must be blanched in boiling water for 5 minutes, then cooled and chopped in several places with a toothpick so that they absorb the syrup better.
- It is not necessary to take green or over-ripe plums on “Five minutes” jam. Give preference to ripe but not loose fruit.
- A five-minute boil for plum may not be enough. If the slices are large, the jam of them is cooked in 2-3 setups for 5 minutes, taking breaks between the heat treatment stages, sufficient to cool the treat.
- To prevent the sugar from being candied, add citric acid or lemon juice.
- You can cook dessert from plums in an enamel pot or in stainless steel tanks. Aluminum is not suitable, as it forms harmful substances when in contact with acids.
- When cooking dessert on the surface of the jam, foam is formed, which must be removed. If this is not done, the delicacy can sour. Foam is not thrown away - it is edible and even tasty, it can be a good addition to tea.
- It is necessary to lay out the jam from the plum on the previously sterilized jars, otherwise it will not last long. Close the dessert tightly metal lids. They are boiled before use for the purpose of sterilization.
It is possible to store “Five minutes” plum jam from fruit slices for a year at room temperature. Dessert from whole fruits is stored in a cool room (at a temperature not higher than 18 degrees) for the same time.
Plum jam “Five minutes” without water
The composition (1, 5 l):
- plums - 1 kg;
- sugar - 1, 2 kg.
- Wash and dry the plums. Cut the fruit in half, remove the bones from them.
- Fold the halves of the plums into a bowl or other container suitable for boiling jam.
- Pour sugar into the plum, shake the basin so that the sugar mixes with the plums.
- Put the container with the plums in a cool place for a few hours, you can overnight. It is possible to move on to the next stage when the drain releases a lot of juice and sugar is completely or almost completely dissolved in it.
- Place the basin with the plums on a slow fire. Bring to a boil.
- Increase the heat and boil the jam for 5 minutes, removing the froth. If you want to get a thicker jam, let the dessert cool down, reheat again and boil for a few minutes.
- Sterilize the jars and lay them on the cooked plum dessert, without waiting for it to cool.
- Tighten the jars tightly with sterilized lids.
This variant of the “Five minutes” plum will appeal to those who prefer thick jam.
Jam from whole “Five minute” plum
Composition (3 liters):
- plums - 1, 3 kg;
- water - 1 l;
- sugar - 1, 5 kg.
- Wash plums, boil water.
- Put the plums in boiling water, boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain the liquid in a separate container, add sugar to it, put on a slow fire.
- Boil, stirring, until the sugar is completely dissolved and another 5 minutes after that.
- Put the plums in the syrup, wait until it boils again. Cook the fruit, removing the foam, 5 minutes.
- Remove the dishes from the plums from the heat, let the jam cool.
- Bring the dessert to a boil again, cook for 5 minutes.
- Spread the plums in sterilized jars, cover with hot syrup, spin.
- Turn the jars over and cover with a warm blanket for better preservation.
After cooling, the jars of jam must be moved to the basement or unheated storeroom - it will stand well only at room temperature.
Five-Minute Plum Jam with Cinnamon
Composition (1 l):
- peeled plums - 0, 7 kg;
- sugar - 0, 7 kg;
- water - 0, 2 l;
- ground cinnamon - 5-10 g.
- Put the plum halves into the container in which you will be making the jam.
- Fill with water, put on a slow fire.
- When the water boils, add sugar in small portions, gently stirring, taking care not to damage the plum slices.
- When the sugar has dissolved completely, add the cinnamon, mix. Cook the fruit mass for 5 minutes.
- Remove the container from the plum jam from the heat, let it cool to room temperature.
- Heat again, boil for 5 minutes, remove from heat.
- Spread the jam over sterilized jars, roll them up.
“Five minutes” jam from the plum according to this recipe is sweet and fragrant, well worth it at room temperature.
Plum preserves “Pyatiminutka” is obtained not only tasty, but also useful, as the fruit during its preparation undergoes minimal heat treatment. Difficult storage conditions dessert does not require.