Crab sticks have very little to do with crab meat, but they are so tasty that salads with their participation should not be cooked on the principle of “what to add to make it good”, but on the principle of “how not to spoil”.
Absolutely you will not spoil the crab sticks with eggs and corn - these products are very well combined. But if you make such a salad, it will be too soft and you want to add something vegetable and juicy, and the first contenders for this role are tomatoes and cucumbers. However, it can be limited to one thing.
When adding tomatoes to the salad, remove the pulp from which the seeds are located so that the salad does not “float”.
- crab sticks - 100 g;
- quail eggs - 3 pieces;
- fresh cucumber - 1 piece;
- fresh tomato - 1 piece;
- corn - 100 g;
- mayonnaise - 100 g;
- salt, pepper, spices - to taste.
Cooking time: 10 min, number of servings: 1.
1. Rinse the cucumber thoroughly under running water. Do not peel it off, cut it into not too thick straws. Pour into a deep bowl into which the salad will crumble.
2. Tomato is also well washed and cut into small cubes. Tomatoes for salad need to choose a beautiful red color, moderately soft and moderately firm, without any dents and other defects. Send the sliced tomato to the cucumber.
3. Drain water from corn, if desired, rinse it once under running water and add to cucumber and tomato.
4. Crab sticks, if they are frozen, defrost and cut into slices with an oblique cut. Pour to the already sliced ingredients.
5. Salad salt, pepper, season with spices as desired and season with mayonnaise. Mayonnaise can be replaced with sour cream.
6. Before serving, decorate the prepared salad with boiled quail eggs cut in half.