Bulgug is becoming more and more popular in our country. This cereal is made from wheat by crushing and steaming it. As a result, it is as healthy as wheat, but it cooks much faster. Due to the fact that bulgur goes well with almost all known products, there are many options for dishes that can be made from it. People who like hearty food often cook bulgur with pork. There are also quite a few recipes for this dish, so almost every gourmet can choose an option that meets his gastronomic preferences.
The process of cooking bulgur with pig meat is not complicated. Pork contains a significant amount of fat, making it almost never dry. Bulgur is no more difficult to cook than rice or other cereals. This makes it possible to cook meals from these products by cooks who do not have any culinary experience. However, to obtain the best result, the culinary specialist will not hurt to learn a few important points.
- Bulgur comes in different sizes. Small has found wide application in the confectionery industry, it is also added to the burgers, so that they come out softer and lush. Bulgur medium crushing is most often used for cooking side dishes and dishes with vegetables. For soups and pilau usually choose a large bulgur. When cooking porridge with pork, preference is given to coarsely crushed cereals, but you can also use medium-sized bulgur.
- Pork is hard to dry out, but it can be tasteless and dry. The most succulent is meat that has not been subjected to freezing, since during thawing it inevitably loses some of the juice. Minimize losses will allow defrosting of the product in the refrigerator, without a sharp temperature drop.
- It is not necessary to wash bulgur before use, however, if you subject this procedure to large-sized grits, misfortune will not happen. But to fry bulgur before cooking does not hurt. This will reveal his peculiar nutty notes. Especially clearly they start to sound, if you fry bulgur in butter.
- To give the dishes more juiciness and a brighter taste, the dishes from bulgur and pork often include vegetables. Tomatoes, peppers, garlic, carrots, onions, zucchini and eggplants are especially well combined with them. Of the spices, red pepper (spicy and paprika), turmeric, hops-suneli, garlic powder, dried herbs are considered the most suitable.
- The dish will turn out more delicious if you fry meat and vegetables and only then combine it with bulgur, add liquid and bring it to readiness. However, to reduce the calorie content of the dish, the use of butter and roasting products can be avoided simply by putting them out before combining with the grits.
- Usually for boiling a large bulgur a glass of cereal takes 2 cups of water or broth. If the composition of the dish a lot of juicy vegetables, the amount of liquid can be reduced.
- The cooking time of a bulgur on the stove is 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the cereal, in a slow cooker it is cooked about one and a half times longer.
There are many recipes for pork and bulgur dishes, and the technology of making these foods is not always identical. In order to avoid mistakes and get the expected result, it is necessary to adhere to the recommendations accompanying the selected recipe.
Simple pork bulgur recipe in a slow cooker
- pork - 0, 5 kg;
- Bulgur - 0, 35 kg;
- refined vegetable oil - 30 ml;
- water - 0, 75 l;
- salt, spices, fresh herbs - to taste.
- Pork wash, dry, peel off, remove excess fat. Cut into pieces about 2-3 cm.
- Pour oil into the multicooker bowl. Start the appliance in frying mode. If this unit does not have such a function, select the Baking program.
- Put pork in the multicooker bowl. Fry it, periodically turning and mixing, for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle meat with salt and spices, mix.
- Add bulgur to the pork, fry it with the meat for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour water into the multicooker. Turn off the device and start it again, but in a different mode. At this time, you need to choose a program designed for cooking dishes from cereals. It may be called “Porridge”, “Rice”, “Pilaf”, “Buckwheat” or otherwise.
- After starting the program, set the timer to 50-60 minutes, unless your slow cooker does not automatically determine the cooking time.
- 10 minutes prior to the readiness of the food, pour the chopped greens into the multicooker bowl and mix the products.
This recipe is very simple, and even an inexperienced hostess can cook a dish of bulgur and pork on it. Despite the simplest composition, the food comes out very tasty. When serving, it can be supplemented with fresh or canned vegetables.
Bulgur and pork pilaf
- pork - 0, 5 kg;
- Bulgur - 0, 3 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- carrots - 0, 2 kg;
- dried barberries - 10 g;
- garlic - 1 head;
- cumin - 5 g;
- paprika - 5 g;
- hot pepper, salt - to taste;
- water - 0, 6 l;
- refined vegetable oil - how much will go.
- Wash the meat, remove the film and other areas that you want to avoid falling into the pilaf. Cut the meat into pieces about 1, 5-2 cm.
- Scrape carrots, wash, dry with a napkin. Cut it into strips or small bars. Grater for chopping carrots for pilaf is not desirable.
- Free the onion from the husk and cut it into thin half rings.
- Pour oil into a cauldron or thick-pot with a non-stick coating. Put on the fire.
- Put the onion in the butter and fry it until golden. It is necessary that the vegetable lost excess moisture, but not burned.
- Add meat. Fry it with onions for 7-8 minutes.
- Add carrots, barberries and spices. Continue frying the products, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add bulgur and water, which does not prevent preheating.
- Peel the garlic from the upper husk and immerse it in bulgur.
- Cover the cauldron with a lid and cook the dish over low heat until there is almost no water left in the cauldron.
- Stir the pilaf, taking care not to damage the head of garlic, and then cook the dish under the lid for another 5 minutes.
It is much easier to cook pilaf from pork bulgur tasty and appetizing than from rice with lamb, but it is not inferior to traditional taste.
Bulgur with vegetables and pork
- pork - 0, 3 kg;
- bulgur - 150 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- fresh greens - 50 g;
- Bulgarian pepper - 0, 2 kg;
- carrots - 100 g;
- salt, hop-suneli - to taste;
- water - 0, 3 l;
- refined vegetable oil - how much will go.
- Pork, washed and dried with a kitchen towel, cut into strips, like beef stroganoff.
- Onion, freeing from the husk, finely chopped.
- Peel carrots, chop grated with large holes.
- Remove seeds from peppers. Pepper pulp cut into small squares.
- At the bottom of a deep frying pan, pour in the oil, put the pork in it and brown.
- Add the chopped vegetables and fry them with the meat for 10 minutes.
- Add bulgur, fill it with hot water or broth. Salt and add spices. Stir.
- Cook the food on low heat until there is almost no water left in the pan.
- Fill the dish with garlic and finely chopped greens, mixed through the press.
- Then sweat the bulgur with pork on low heat for another 2-3 minutes and remove the pan from the stove.
It is not recommended to increase the amount of ingredients, as the bulgur boils soft during cooking.
Pork with bulgur will be able to cook tasty and appetizing even an inexperienced cook. There are many recipes for this dish, everyone can choose an option to taste.