Savoyardi cookies in the oven are not only a delicious, delicate dessert, but also the basis for the popular Tiramisu dessert. In large cities, it’s not a problem to buy savoyards in a store, but for smaller cities this can be a real problem. Until you try to cook it yourself. Delicate brittle cookies can be used not only for tiramisu, but also for other desserts, for example, treifla, cakes and pastries. Its taste qualities are very unusual and attractive - this is exactly the case when a cookie melts in your mouth.
List of ingredients:
- 3 chicken eggs;
- 150 grams of sugar;
- 150 g of flour;
- 30 g butter to grease the pan.
1. For those who are familiar with the principles of making biscuit, to prepare such cookies is not difficult. First, take the cooled eggs and separate the whites from the yolks.
2. Begin to beat the whites with half the sugar. And the first couple of minutes, beat without sugar, and then begin to add slowly.
3. When the whipped whites turn into a strong foam that holds the shape, you can stop beating.
4. Do the same with yolks and the second half of sugar. Beat it all together for about 3 minutes, the mass should become lighter and slightly increase in size.
5. Pour the yolk mass into a bowl of whipped whites.
6. Very gently, with smooth movements, start from the bottom up to mix the yolks with the whites.
7. Begin mixing in small portions of sifted wheat flour. Stir the same way, slowly from the bottom up.
8. The finished biscuit dough should be put in a cooking bag or an ordinary plastic bag with a small hole in the corner.
9. Cover baking sheet with baking paper and grease it with a piece of butter. “Seed” small oblong portions of dough close to each other.
10. Lightly sprinkle the blanks with sugar and place the baking sheet in the oven preheated to 190 degrees. Bake the savoyard biscuits for 10-15 minutes.
11. Carefully separate the cookies from the parchment and continue to prepare the dessert or serve with tea.