Pancakes are considered a symbol of wealth and wealth, they are associated with the sun, the arrival of spring and cheerful homemade tea. They are baked on holidays and on weekdays, they are made thin and fluffy, with or without filling. Every self-respecting culinary specialist knows a few recipes for pancake dough. Popular is the dough for pancakes with sour milk. This option is chosen not only to save the products that have started to deteriorate, but also because of the pleasant sour taste of the finished dish, which many people like. Products made from such dough are made with sweet or savory stuffing, served separately, watering with sour cream, yogurt or condensed milk.
The dough for pancakes in sour milk is kneaded by the same rules as usual. This process is not complicated, but requires knowledge of several subtleties.
- Flour for pancakes is better to take quality. Otherwise they may turn out to be unpleasant.
- Sifting flour before combining with other ingredients is a mandatory procedure. It is necessary not only to rid the product of small industrial litter and insect larvae. The main task is to saturate the flour with oxygen. After sifting, it becomes easy, easily connected with other components, without forming lumps. Pancakes from this dough are tender.
- Sour milk for pancake dough should not be cold. It is best to slightly heat it up or at least expose it from the refrigerator beforehand, so that by the time the dough is prepared it reaches room temperature. When heating milk, make sure that it does not overheat and does not start to turn off.
- If you want to make pancakes from dough with sour milk, but you have only fresh, you can make it sour by artificial means. To do this, you need to add a spoonful of yogurt or kefir, stir and wait just a couple of hours.
- Dough for pancakes with sour milk can be made with eggs, without eggs, with the addition of yolks only or only proteins.
- A yeast variant of the test for sour milk also exists. It is used to produce fluffy and thick pancakes.
- The thickness of pancakes from dough on sour milk depends not only on the type of dough, but also on its thickness. The layer by which the dough is poured into the pan, also matters.
- So that pancakes do not stick to the pan when frying, butter or vegetable oil is often added to the dough.
- To get fluffy pancakes, baking powder or vinegar-extinguished soda is put into the dough.
Pancakes are fried in a hot skillet, greased with a thin layer of oil or having a high-quality non-stick coating. Ideal for frying pancakes cast iron pan. In pan with a thin bottom beautiful pancakes fry harder.
The dough is poured into the center of the pan and rotating movements, slightly tilting the dishes, distribute it over the entire area of the pan. Covering the pan with a lid, waiting for “bumps” to appear on the upper side of the dough. Then the pancake is turned over and dozharyvayut to readiness, you can already without a cover. It is not recommended to move away from the stove while frying pancakes, since they are cooked very quickly. If to fry pancakes incorrectly, they will not come out beautiful and tasty, even being prepared from the best dough.
Classic recipe for pancakes with sour milk
- acidified milk - 0.5 l;
- flour - 150 g;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- soda (quenched with vinegar) - 2 g;
- salt - a pinch;
- sugar - 20-30 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 50 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Remove the milk from the refrigerator about an hour or two before the dough is prepared so that it can warm up to room temperature.
- Sift flour.
- In a bowl, break an egg, add salt and sugar to it, rub it.
- Add an incomplete glass of milk to the egg mass.
- Whisk the contents of the bowl.
- Enter the sifted flour. Stir to the extent that the dough becomes homogeneous, without a single lump. Crystals of sugar and salt must be dissolved.
- Add vinegar-extinguished soda, mix.
- Pour in oil, stir again until smooth.
- Pour the remaining milk into the dough in small pieces and stir until the dough has a fat-like kefir consistency.
Pancake dough is ready to use immediately after cooking. From the blank made according to this recipe, you will get thin pancakes that can be stuffed with sweet and savory stuffing.
Dough for thick pancakes with sour milk
- wheat flour - 0, 35 kg;
- sour milk - 0.5 l;
- chicken egg - 5 pcs .;
- butter - 100 g;
- salt - a large shchipot;
- sugar - 50 g;
- baking powder for dough - 5 g.
Method of preparation:
- Flour, sift, mix with baking powder.
- Melt the butter by placing it in a microwave or in a water bath. Melting the product over low heat is also possible, but it is important to make sure that it does not boil.
- Allow the oil to cool.
- In the bowl, break the eggs. Pour salt and sugar to them, whisk with a whisk or a mixer. The egg mass should turn white.
- Pour the milk into the eggs, beat the products together.
- Add cooled butter to the egg-milk mixture. Mix well with a mixer.
- Add the prepared flour. Stir thoroughly. It is important not to allow flour lumps to remain in the dough. The thickness of the dough can be adjusted by adding a little more flour to the dough or a little less than indicated in the recipe.
Pancakes from the dough prepared according to this recipe are almost as lush as yeast.
Yeast dough for pancakes with sour milk
- sour milk - 0.6 l;
- wheat flour - 0, 5 kg;
- chicken egg - 3 pcs .;
- refined vegetable oil - 80 ml;
- sugar - 20 g;
- salt - 3 g;
- dry yeast - 7 g.
Method of preparation:
- Heat sour milk to about 30 degrees - this temperature will be enough to activate the yeast.
- Pour the milk into a bowl, add yeast, salt, sugar and half a cup of flour to it. Mix well.
- Wait for about half an hour - during this time the sponge will do.
- In a clean bowl, break the eggs, whisk them with a whisk, pour over the dough. Add oil there.
- Beat the products with a whisk, getting a homogeneous mass.
- Enter the flour, mix well.
- Cover the bowl with the dough with plastic wrap, wait an hour and a half. The dough will rise, so the bowl should be big.
After a specified time, the dough should be gently mixed, after which it can be used for its intended purpose.
Pancakes made from dough with sour milk have a unique taste. They can be thin and thick, it all depends on the chosen recipe.