Cooking a squash of zucchini for the winter does not take too much energy. Meanwhile, such a billet can help out when there is no time to cook dinner or lunch. After all, a sauté is a complete dish, not only tasty, but also satisfying. If it is prepared correctly, it can be stored for a long time, and during preparation it will not require sterilization.
Features of cooking a squash stew
In order to sauté zucchini turned out tasty and well kept, in its preparation it is worth considering a few moments.
- Saute in French means “leap”. This strange name of the dish was due to the specific technology of roasting vegetables, when they were turned over by shaking the pan. Not every housewife has this skill, but even just fry the main ingredient (in this case - zucchini) even an aspiring cook can. To get a tasty dish, it makes sense to devote a little time to this process, and not immediately start stewing the vegetable mixture.
- To prepare a saute for the winter, the vegetables undergo quite a serious heat treatment, which, in fact, makes it possible to refuse subsequent sterilization of cans with canned food. If you extinguish them in a thin-walled saucepan, then you need to constantly stir so that they do not burn. It is much more convenient to use a pot with a thick bottom or a cauldron.
- The main component, that is, zucchini, will have to be cut into large pieces, the rest - as small as possible, if necessary, even rubbed on a grater or rubbed through a sieve.
Usually, young zucchini is recommended for making snacks for the winter. It does not apply to a cell - any will do for it, if only they are not spoiled. The only thing that young people do not clear of seeds and peel, and those that are older - clean.
Classic recipe for zucchini stew
- zucchini - 3 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 kg;
- tomatoes - 1, 5 kg;
- granulated sugar - 0, 2 kg;
- bulb onion - 0, 2 kg;
- vegetable oil - how much will it take to roast vegetables;
- salt - to taste;
- Table vinegar - 100 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the tomatoes, make a cross-cut on them. Pour boiling water over the tomatoes so that the skin is easier to peel, clean them of it. Grind in a blender or meat grinder. In the absence of kitchen appliances, you can simply wipe them through a sieve.
- Wash the peppers, remove the seeds, cut into small strips.
- Wash the zucchini, clean and remove the seeds if necessary. Cut into cubes with a face length of about 2 cm.
- Remove peel from onion. Bulbs cut into small slices.
- In a saucepan or large saucepan, heat the oil.
- Put the onion in the butter and brown it until golden.
- Place zucchini and pepper over onion, fry them together for 10 minutes.
- Pour the zucchini tomato puree, salt to taste, add sugar and pour vinegar. Extinguish everything, stirring occasionally, for half an hour.
- Pour into sterilized jars (for storing canned food, they must always be sterilized, regardless of the chosen recipe). Roll up. Turn upside down, cover with a blanket. After a day, turn the cans back to their normal position and put them in the closet, where they can be stored for the whole winter.
For the preparation of a squash of zucchini for the winter according to the classic recipe, table vinegar is used - it will not allow the canned food to disappear if you have not even brought in oil and salt. However, you can cook a sauté without it.
Saute zucchini without vinegar
- zucchini - 2 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 1, 5 kg;
- carrots - 0, 5 kg;
- onions - 0, 5 kg;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- sugar - 100 g;
- salt - 40 g;
- fresh parsley - 100 g;
- vegetable oil - 0, 22 l.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the vegetables and cut them into cubes: zucchini - in chunks about two centimeters in size, the rest of the vegetables - in smaller pieces. Carrots better grate. Between the vegetables do not mix.
- Divide salt and sugar into two approximately equal parts, pour tomatoes and peppers with them, leave for a short time to give juice.
- If desired, lightly fry zucchini.
- Chop parsley finely.
- Pour butter into a thick-bottomed saucepan, lay tomatoes (with juice), onions, zucchini, carrots, peppers (also with juice) in layers, pour parsley on top.
- Place the pot on a slow fire and simmer the vegetables 50 minutes after the mixture begins to boil.
- Through the press, skip the garlic and place it in a sauté, mix, stew for another 10 minutes.
- Spread the ready dish over the sterilized jars, roll them up and turn them over. Let the canned food cool under a warm blanket and store for winter storage.
Despite the absence of vinegar in the recipe, canned food prepared for it is stored for a long time even at room temperature. It is only important to use the amount of salt, sugar and oil specified in the recipe, and not a gram less.
Saute zucchini and eggplants
- zucchini - 1 kg;
- eggplants - 1 kg;
- carrots - 1, 5 kg;
- onions - 0.75 kg;
- sweet pepper - 0, 5 kg;
- tomatoes - 2 kg;
- garlic - 2 heads;
- vegetable oil - 0, 3 l;
- parsley - 100 g;
- salt - 40 g;
- sugar - 80 g;
- table vinegar - 50 ml;
- ground black pepper - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Peel the onions, cut into half rings.
- Grate peeled carrots on a coarse grater.
- Wash peppers, remove seeds. Cut into small square pieces or straws - whatever you like.
- Wash squash, clean and remove seeds if necessary. Cut into large cubes or cubes.
- Cut eggplants in the same parts as zucchini, put them in salt water (a spoonful of salt per liter of water - these ingredients are not included in the recipe). After half an hour, rinse the eggplants and pat dry with a napkin.
- Dice tomatoes.
- Pour oil in a cauldron, add onion and fry it for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle carrots over onions, fry for another 5 minutes.
- Put tomatoes on the onions and carrots, simmer until juice is released.
- Place the eggplants, zucchini and pepper in the cauldron.
- Cover the cauldron with a lid and simmer the vegetables for an hour. Twice during stewing, the lid will need to be raised, the vegetables are well mixed.
- Remove the cauldron from the fire, leave for half an hour.
- Pour salt, sugar and pepper to vegetables, stir. Put the cauldron on the fire again. Heat to boil, boil for 10 minutes, pour in vinegar, put chopped greens, chopped garlic and boil for the same amount.
- Fill the sterilized jars with a ready sauté, roll them up. Allow to cool, upside down under a warm blanket. Remove to the pantry.
Sauteed zucchini with eggplants turns out very appetizing and tasty. Canned food can be stored at room temperature.
The process of cooking homemade sauté from zucchini is simple, and the result will exceed expectations. It makes sense to prepare for the winter a few cans of this delicious dish according to any of your favorite recipes.