In the oven, yeast pies are usually baked, and fresh ones are fried in a griddle like tortillas. But both options have their drawbacks: the yeast dough is cooked for a long time, and the pies in the griddle absorb the unhealthy hot butter and become more nutritious. Therefore, if there is no time for preparing yeast dough, you can choose something in between and bake fresh pies in the oven.
Ingredients for the dough (for 6-8 patties):
- 100 ml of kefir;
- 2 tsp. Sahara;
- 1/3 tsp. salts;
- 1/3 tsp. soda (or 0.5 tsp. baking powder);
- approximately 1 tbsp. wheat flour.
for the filling:
- 1 large sweet or sour-sweet apple;
- 1 tsp. Sahara.
1. Pour kefir in a bowl, dissolve sugar and salt in it, add soda. Soda does not need to be extinguished beforehand, the reaction will take place in kefir and will give the gas bubbles necessary for loosening.
2. Now put half of the flour, stir it in kefir, and add the rest of the flour gradually until a thick dough forms. Put the dough on the table, sprinkled with flour, and knead from it a smooth cake.
3. Roll it into a 1 cm layer and cut out large round cakes.
Wash apples, core and dice. Peel can also be removed.
Sprinkle apples with a little sugar.
4. Place a teaspoonful of filling on the center of each dough circle.
5. Fold the circle in half and close the edge while holding the filling inside.
6. Prepare the patties on its side on a baking sheet with parchment. Top of each patty smear sweet water (a teaspoon of sugar per tablespoon of water) so that they brown. Put the baking tray in a preheated oven and bake the patties at 150 degrees. To make the crust on baking turned soft, put a plate with water in the oven (or turn on the steam function).