Beverage canning is becoming increasingly popular. This is largely due to the fact that many are trying to consume more vitamins and nutrients. Therefore, you should cook blackcurrant compote. It is these berries that are considered incredibly useful, and the drink based on them has a delicious aroma and color.
It takes 1 hour to prepare such preservation, and from the ingredients listed here, 1 liter compote is obtained.
- black currant - 200 g;
- sugar - 100 g;
- water - 0, 8 l.
1. For canning compote you need to select fresh ripe berries. At the same time, black currant should be hard enough so that it does not lose its shape in compote. Then the berries need to be separated from the twigs. For this you can use small scissors. Trim with them all the tails.
2. Pour the berries into a pan or other deep container. Pour the black currant with cold water so that it covers it completely. Stir everything with your hands. When all the leaves, twigs and other debris float upward, the water must be carefully drained. Throw currants in a colander. Let the water drain completely. Then shift the berries into a bowl.
3. The storage container and cover should be rubbed with baking soda. After that, rinse thoroughly with water. Neck jars sterilized with boiling water. Put the iron lid in boiling water for 5 minutes. Pour black currant into the jar.
4. Boil water in a saucepan. Fill the jar with it to the middle. Cover the container with an iron lid. Leave the berries to infuse for 15 minutes. During this time, the currants put juice.
5. Pour sugar into an enamel bowl. This ratio of water and sugar makes it possible to prepare a sweet and sour drink. Depending on personal taste preferences, you can change the proportion.
6. Close the jar with a special lid with slots. Drain the water into a bowl of sugar. Add the remaining liquid. On medium heat bring the water to a boil. Boil the syrup for 3 minutes.
7. Pour the currants in a hot syrup jar. If the container remains empty to the brim, then you should add the usual boiling water. Cover the jar with a lid. Hermetically roll it using the key for preservation. Turn over the jar and cover with a blanket. Allow the preservation to cool completely.
8. Move the finished compote to a cool dark place. Fragrant miracle drink will definitely come in handy in the winter. Currant compote contains the same amount of vitamin C as raspberry. Therefore, it is an indispensable component of anti-cold therapy.