The taste of the finished dish served to the table depends largely on the taste of the sauce offered to it. This is especially noticeable when using seasonings with a spicy taste. These seasonings include, in particular, remoulade sauce - one of the most famous French sauces. It resembles mayonnaise mixed with mustard and other savory ingredients such as gherkins, anchovies, capers. In fact, it can be prepared from ready-made mayonnaise and table mustard, but experienced chefs prefer to use homemade mayonnaise, sometimes including the process of cooking it in the process of cooking the remoulade sauce itself.
The technology of preparation of the remoulade sauce is not much more complicated than the technology of making homemade mayonnaise. However, this process is more time-consuming, since the formulation of the remoulade sauce includes several additional ingredients. In order for your work to succeed, you need to know a few subtleties of making remoulade sauce.
- Gourmets say that the taste of the remoulade sauce made from shop mayonnaise is much inferior to the sauce made in homemade mayonnaise. If for this reason you decided to prepare remoulade sauce from zero, that is, starting from mayonnaise, choose only fresh and high-quality products for it. This is especially true of eggs, as they are used raw.
- Beat the remoulade sauce best by placing the jar with it in a container of ice water.
- The ingredients for the sauce can be chopped or chopped with a blender. The first option is preferable, since in this case the savory taste of the sauce will be more pronounced.
- Alcoholic drinks are often added to give a piquant note to the remoulade sauce. Since the sauce is not heat treated, the taste of alcohol in it will remain noticeable. For this reason, only high-quality drinks can be used in the preparation of the sauce.
- Anchovies in the recipe can be replaced with salty sprat without harm.
In French cuisine, the remoulade sauce is usually served with fish or seafood. It is especially well combined with fish dishes prepared by frying or baking. However, in some cases, the sauce can be served with meat, especially if it has a fresh taste and you want to emphasize it with something. However, in this case, fish sauce and anchovies cannot be used to make the sauce.
Classic remoulade sauce recipe
- olive oil - 0, 25 l;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- pickled gherkins - 100 g;
- anchovy fillets - 50 g;
- parsley - 3 sprigs;
- capers - 20 g;
- green onions - 1 feather;
- lemon juice - 20 ml;
- table mustard - 5 ml;
- balsamic vinegar - 10 ml;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the parsley and green onions, shake off the water and chop finely.
- Separate anchovy fillets, chop with a blender.
- Finely chop the gherkins with a knife.
- Also finely chop the capers with a knife, mix them with gherkins.
- Balsamic vinegar mixed with mustard, salt and pepper.
- Wash the egg with soap. Break it into a clean bowl, taking care not to damage the yolk. Pour vegetable oil into this bowl.
- Beat the yolk until you see that the contents of the bowl change color and resemble the sauce. While moving the blender vertically, beat the ingredients until smooth.
- Add lemon juice to the sauce, whisk.
- Add mustard diluted with vinegar, whipping continued.
- Put slices of gherkins and capers into the sauce, as well as chopped anchovy fillets, add greens and mix everything well with a mixer, placing in a container with cold water.
- Pour the sauce into a sauceboat and serve with fish.
The sauce prepared for this recipe to meat dishes will not work, it can be offered only to seafood. If you intend to cook a meat dish for dinner and serve spicy remoulade sauce to it, you need to use another recipe.
Recipe for meat remoulade
- vegetable oil - 100 ml;
- chicken eggs - 3 pcs .;
- table mustard - 5 ml;
- onions - 50 g;
- salted cucumber - 75 g;
- parsley and celery - to taste;
- ground black pepper to taste;
- cognac - 5 ml;
- Apple Cider Vinegar (6%) - 20 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Finely chop the pickled cucumber.
- Peel the onion and finely chop it with a knife.
- Chop greens with a knife.
- Eggs, wash well, two of them boil hard boiled. Leave the third raw.
- Peel boiled eggs. Take out the yolks.
- In a glass jar or tall whisking glass, pour in the oil after mixing it with mustard.
- Break a raw egg in a can.
- Cover the yolk with an immersion blender and press down. Turn on the device. After a while you will have a mass resembling mayonnaise.
- Pour the vinegar into the container and whip the sauce with it.
- Spread boiled egg yolks with a fork, adding a little sauce to them.
- Put in a bowl and pour over the sauce.
- Put cucumbers and greens, black pepper and onion in a bowl.
- Beat with a blender or mixer, depending on the consistency of sauce you want.
- Pour in brandy and whisk again.
The remoulade sauce prepared according to this recipe can be served not only with fish, but also with meat.
The famous French remoulade sauce has a savory taste. It resembles a mixture of mayonnaise and mustard with the addition of gherkins and other savory ingredients. To the greatest extent, this seasoning is suitable for fish, but there are also recipes for making remoulade sauce for meat.