Crab sticks are a popular ingredient for making cold snacks. At low cost, they have the taste and aroma of an expensive delicacy. Additional ingredients are often rice and corn, which surimi combines particularly well. With them, the appetizer is tender and nourishing, but not always quite juicy. Freshness and savory notes she can give cabbage. Salads with cabbage and crab sticks are made lighter and more useful than traditional crab dishes, they have a more juicy taste. Even an inexperienced hostess can cook such a dish without spending a lot of time and effort on it.
It is easy to cook a salad of crab sticks and cabbage, however, to obtain the best result, you need to know a few subtleties:
- Cabbage for salad is better to take young, with delicate leaves, but other varieties will do as well. It is important to chop the head very thinly and carefully, then the cabbage will not make the taste of the snack rude. If you mash a vegetable before adding it to the snack with your hands, it will put the juice in: this will make the salad more juicy.
- Crab sticks for salad equally well chilled and frozen. The frozen product costs a little cheaper, but it has one drawback: it must be taken out of the freezer in advance so that it can be thawed in the refrigerator or at room temperature. Thawing surimi in warm water is not recommended. The idea to speed up the defrosting process, heating the product in the microwave, is even less successful: the protein will curtail, becoming tough, like rubber.
- If the recipe for a salad involves the use of rice, it is better to give preference to varieties with a low starch content. Before cooking, the rice grits should be thoroughly washed so that the grains do not stick together during cooking.
- A frequent ingredient in crab stick salad is canned corn. She is thrown on a colander and waiting for it to dry. Otherwise, the snack can quickly spoil.
- Experienced chefs advise using ingredients with approximately the same temperature for salads. Rice, eggs and other heat-treated products must be allowed to cool to room temperature before being combined with other snack ingredients.
- Try not to digest the eggs, especially if you plan to use them to decorate the salad. During long cooking yolks covered with a bluish bloom. Boil eggs hard enough to boil for 10 minutes.
- To make eggs easier to clean, boil them in salted water.
It is not only cabbage that is suitable for making crab stick salad. Many cooks add Peking cabbage to the dish, some cooks put broccoli in it. The taste of the prepared snack and the specificity of its preparation will depend on the selected vegetable variety.
Salad with white cabbage, crab sticks and celery
- white cabbage - 0, 3 kg;
- canned corn - 0, 24 kg;
- crab sticks - 0, 2 kg;
- carrots - 0, 2 kg;
- celery root - 70 g;
- fresh dill and parsley - to taste;
- sour cream - 150 ml;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 5 ml;
- sugar - a pinch;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- Wash the cabbage by removing the top leaves. Chop into small pieces, place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar and salt, remember hands.
- Dilute the vinegar in a tablespoon of boiled water, drizzle the cabbage with the resulting mixture.
- Remove the thawed crab sticks from the package and squeeze them out of plastic wrap. Cut the surimi into neat cubes, put to the cabbage.
- Scrape, wash carrots. Drain with a towel, chop on a grater for Korean salads. In the absence of this device, you can use a regular grater with medium or large holes. Put grated carrots to cabbage and surimi.
- Peel and chop celery root just like carrots. Send to the rest of the products.
- Open a jar of corn, fold it to a colander. Wait until the grains dry out. Put in a bowl with other ingredients.
- Put sour cream in a small container, add to it garlic passed through a press, finely chopped greens, pepper and salt with a knife, mix well.
- Fill the salad with sour cream sauce and put it in a salad bowl.
Salad prepared according to this recipe is juicy, light and healthy. It can be included in the menu people on a diet. If you do not follow the figure, you can add a glass of boiled rice to the snack - it will become much more satisfying.
Salad with Chinese cabbage, crab sticks and tomatoes
- Chinese cabbage - 0, 2 kg;
- crab sticks - 100 g;
- canned corn - 100-150 g;
- cucumber - 150 g;
- tomatoes - 0, 2 kg;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- light mayonnaise - to taste;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- homemade or purchased wheaten croutons with garlic taste - 80 g.
- Pickled cabbage into leaves, wash them under running water, and dry with a kitchen napkin.
- Chop cabbage into medium sized pieces. If you want the salad to be tender in taste, use only the upper halves of cabbage leaves. If they are lethargic, they can be reanimated by holding for half an hour in ice water.
- Wash cucumber, blotted with a napkin. Cut off the ends of the fetus. Cut the vegetable into cubes approximately half a centimeter. Put in a bowl of cabbage.
- Clean crab sticks from polyethylene, cut into cubes, send to cabbage and cucumber.
- Wash tomatoes and blot with a napkin. Cut seals in the stalk area. Cut into slightly larger cubes than cucumbers. If you decide to use cherry tomatoes for cooking snacks, it’s enough to cut them in half - they look more appetizing. Put the tomatoes to the other ingredients.
- Eggs boil hard boiled, put under a stream of cold water. When they cool, free from the shell and cut into small cubes, send to the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the corn, after removing it from the jar and drying it.
- Salt, pepper, season with mayonnaise.
10-15 minutes before serving the salad, add croutons to it, mix. There is another option for serving this snack: cabbage leaves are laid out on a dish, sprinkled with lemon juice, pieces of eggs, coarsely chopped crab sticks, cucumbers and tomatoes are spread on them, corn and croutons are poured from above, and then the salad is poured over the sauce. With this supply, the appetizer prepared according to this recipe resembles a popular Caesar salad.
Salad with broccoli and crab sticks
- broccoli - 0, 45 kg;
- crab sticks - 0, 3 kg;
- chicken egg - 6 pcs .;
- Bulgarian pepper - 0, 3 kg;
- mustard table - 15 ml;
- lemon juice - 30 ml;
- unsweetened yogurt - 0, 2 l;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- Broccoli disassemble into inflorescences and rinse in running water. If you use frozen vegetables, they do not need preliminary preparation.
- Boil water, add a little salt to it, lower broccoli florets. Cook for 15 minutes on low heat. Remove the inflorescences with a slotted spoon, transfer them to a container with ice water. This is necessary not only to cool the cabbage, but also to preserve its bright green color. After 5 minutes, drain in a colander and let dry.
- Chicken boiled eggs cool, peel, cut into thin slices.
- Pepper seeds are removed, at the same time removing the stem, cut into strips and combine with cabbage and eggs.
- Cut the crab sticks across 5 mm wide into pieces. Add to the rest of the ingredients. Stir.
- In a small bowl, mix the mustard, lemon juice and yogurt. Whisk with a whisk to make a uniform sauce.
- Put the appetizer in a dish, pour the sauce.
A light and healthy salad with a savory taste, cooked according to this recipe, looks elegant and appetizing. He will certainly please you and your guests.
Salad with cabbage, crab sticks and bacon
- Beijing or young white cabbage - 0, 2 kg;
- crab sticks - 0, 2 kg;
- canned corn - 0, 24 kg;
- smoked bacon - 150 g;
- chicken egg - 4 pcs .;
- mayonnaise - to taste.
- Chop the cabbage.
- Cut the crab sticks into round slices.
- Cut the bacon into thin strips.
- Eggs cut into cubes or slices, pre-cooked hard boiled, cooled and peeled.
- Combine ingredients, add corn, season with mayonnaise.
You can include greens in this salad. Bacon can be replaced by ham.
How to decorate a salad with cabbage and crab sticks
Salad with cabbage and crab sticks is considered to be a daily meal, as it is easy to prepare and from the available products. However, if it is well decorated, it will be worthy of a festive table.
- Crab salad cooked with rice has a sufficiently dense texture to maintain the shape that the cook will give it. It can be laid out on a platter in the form of a figure symbolizing a particular holiday. A good idea would be to make a crab snack.
- Cabbage salad and crab sticks look beautiful on a green background. It can be put on the leaves of lettuce or Chinese cabbage, or simply surrounded by greens.
- Having cut the crab stick into thin long strips, you can make a flower out of it by decorating a salad laid out with it. The flower can also be made from eggs, cucumber and other vegetables that make up the snack.
Appetizing salad of crab sticks and cabbage looks at portioned serving, if it is spread out on creamer or served in “boats” of cucumbers.
Salad of crab sticks is cooked easily, is inexpensive, it turns out nourishing and tasty. It can be done on weekdays for lunch or dinner, served for the festive table.