Potatoes and chicken are simple foods that are suitable for inclusion in the daily diet. However, if you know how to cook chicken with potatoes in the oven, it will not be a shame to serve them to the festive table. There are a lot of options for roasting chicken with potatoes: for one recipe both chicken and potatoes are baked whole, for others one of them or both products are ground. However, the principles of cooking delicious dishes from chicken and potatoes in the oven are almost identical.
Chicken baked in the oven with potatoes - one of the easiest dishes, its preparation on the shoulder even to an inexperienced cook. However, knowledge of some secrets will allow this everyday dish to be turned into a culinary masterpiece.
- The meat of adult laying hens is not suitable for roasting: it will be hard and dry, it needs to be cooked for a very long time. It is better to take the carcass of a mature chicken. Its weight usually ranges from 1, 4 to 1, 6 kg.
- Frozen chickens for baking in the oven are less suitable than chilled and especially paired ones. If you want to cook frozen chicken, you need to defrost it slowly, and then you need to marinate for several hours. However, the marinade will not spoil the meat that was not frozen.
- Potatoes are not cooked as fast as most other vegetables. Therefore, you can only bake whole new potatoes. Old potatoes must be cut into slices, slices or cubes. If the potato is used as a stuffing, then it will first have to boil until half cooked.
- If you want the shape of potato slices to be preserved and the chicken does not mix with vegetables, you can use the following method: spread the vegetables on a baking tray covered with parchment, put a grill on top of it, on which chicken thighs, legs and wings are placed - when baking chicken the fat will drain on the vegetables, they will be soaked with chicken flavor and will brown well.
- Chicken breast is considered not the most suitable for roasting with potatoes, since there is practically no fat in it and with it the dish turns out not juicy enough. However, the ban on breast use is automatically lifted if fatty sauce is used based on sour cream or mayonnaise.
When baking chicken and potatoes, they add not only sauce, but also various spices, other vegetables, mushrooms, and even fruits. The preparation method may depend on the composition, although it will not hurt to take the stated principles as a basis in any case.
Chicken baked with new potatoes
- chicken (entirely) - 1, 5 kg;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- new potatoes - 1 kg;
- mayonnaise - 50 ml;
- dried basil - 5 g;
- marjoram - 5 g;
- pepper, salt - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash and dry the chicken carcass with a napkin.
- Mix salt with pepper and herbs. Rub the chicken inside and out with this mixture.
- Garlic cloves cut in half or in 3 parts, stuff the chicken carcass with them.
- Spread chicken mayonnaise.
- Lay a foil on a baking sheet, place a chicken in the center.
- Wash the potatoes, peel, cut each in half or quarter. If the potato is very small, then it can not be peeled and cut.
- Spread the potato pieces or whole tubers around the chicken.
- Preheat the oven.
- Cover the baking sheet with foil and send to the oven. Bake for an hour.
- Remove the foil and cook the dish in the oven for another half hour.
Before serving, the chicken should preferably be cut into portions. Serve it with baked potatoes. As an addition, almost any sauce based on sour cream will do.
Chicken stuffed with potatoes
- chicken - 1, 5 kg;
- potatoes - 0.5 kg;
- soy sauce - 50 ml;
- honey - 35 g;
- mustard (sauce) - 20 ml;
- paprika - 5 g;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- salt - to taste;
- vegetable oil - 50 ml;
- apple cider vinegar - 50 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Prepare the carcass by washing it well and blotting it with a towel.
- Melt the honey, combine it with mustard, chopped garlic and soy sauce. Add half the paprika, a little salt. If desired, you can add finely chopped parsley, cilantro, basil, celery.
- Dip the chicken sauce as it should be; leave it in a cool place for an hour.
- Wash potatoes. Boil, not peeling, until half ready. Peel, cut into cubes or cubes.
- Mix the oil with vinegar, add some salt, add the remaining paprika, stir. Pour the resulting mixture of potatoes and leave it to marinate for at least 40 minutes.
- Stuff a chicken with pickled potatoes.
- Wrap the chicken in foil and put it in the form. Put in the oven for an hour. Set the temperature controller to 180 degrees.
- Carefully remove the foil. Return the form with the chicken to the oven and bake it again.
The dish prepared according to this recipe has a unique taste. It is better to serve it entirely, so that guests can appreciate it not only in taste, but also in appearance. And it looks very appetizing.
Chicken Breasts with Potatoes and Vegetables
- chicken breasts (on the bone) - 0, 8-1 kg;
- new potatoes - 0, 5 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- carrots - 100 g;
- zucchini - 0, 2 kg;
- tomatoes - 0, 2 kg;
- vegetable oil - 30 ml;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- parsley - 20 g;
- Dill greens - 20 g;
- sour cream - 0, 2 l;
- salt, spices - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Peel the potatoes. Cut into circles 1-1.5 cm thick, arrange on a baking sheet and place in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees, for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash chicken breasts. Dry them with a towel. From the two sides of each breast, make deep longitudinal cuts.
- Chop greens, put garlic through a press, mix them with sour cream, salt and spices.
- Rub the breasts with a mixture of salt and pepper.
- Spread half the sour cream on the “pockets” in the breasts.
- Fasten the incision points with toothpicks.
- Wash and clean the remaining vegetables. Young squash is not necessary to clean.
- Tomatoes and zucchini cut into circles of 1 cm thick, carrots - twice thinner. Onion cut into half rings.
- Grease the baking dish and lay in it layers of potatoes, onions, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes. Smear all remaining sour cream.
- Place the breasts on the vegetables. Send in preheated oven to 180 degrees. Bake 40 minutes. If your oven has the functions of top and bottom heating, then first turn on the bottom heating for 25 minutes, then the top one.
This dish has a low calorie content, so it will appeal to those who are committed to a healthy diet.
Chicken with potatoes and mushrooms in the oven
- chicken meat - 1 kg;
- champignons - 0, 8 kg;
- potatoes - 1 kg;
- sour cream - 150 ml;
- cheese - 100 g;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- vegetable oil - how much is required to lubricate the form.
Method of preparation:
- Peel the potatoes, cut into thin slices.
- Lubricate the glass or ceramic mold with oil, place the potatoes in it.
- Wash the chicken carcass, dry it, cut it into pieces and use a knife to separate the meat from the bones. Cut the meat into small pieces of arbitrary shape. If desired, you can use chicken fillet - it will be easier to cut it. Slightly beat off the chicken meat.
- Salt and pepper potatoes. Put chicken on it. He also needs salt and pepper.
- Wash the champignons. Trying to keep them in the water as little as possible, as they absorb moisture well. Wipe each mushroom with a napkin. Cut the mushrooms into thin plates. Cover them with chicken.
- Finely rub the cheese and mix it with sour cream. Cover this mixture with mushrooms.
- Turn on the oven, wait until the temperature in it reaches 180-200 degrees.
- Cover the form with a lid or foil, put it in the oven. Cook for an hour.
- Remove the lid and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
Such a dish can be cooked in the sleeve, adding all the ingredients into it. True, in this case it will turn out less beautiful, but if you arrange it in plates before serving, it will be unnoticeable. But you do not have to add oil and wash the form will be easier.
Now you know how easy it is to cook chicken with potatoes in the oven. With all the ease of cooking this dish turns out very tasty and appetizing.