For the price hake is one of the most affordable products. The benefits of its use is great. It differs little in its properties from other members of the cod family, for which the hostesses, not sparing, give much larger sums. Hack itself is not honored by many housewives. He is considered a tasteless and unsightly little fish. Often the packaging of this product stale in stores, it repeatedly thaws and freezes, as a result, unflattering opinion about it is confirmed. But subject to the rules of storage and being fresh, this fish turns out to be tasty and appetizing. Hake with olive sauce is a dish worthy of a festive table, and it suits all the more for a family dinner. The main thing is to know how to choose a product and how to prepare it correctly.
You do not need to have significant culinary experience to cook a delicious hake with olive sauce. However, it is important to know what product is worthy to be on your table and how not to spoil it when cooking.
- Carefully inspect the freshly frozen hake package before you buy it. It should indicate that the product is cooled by shock freezing. There should not be a thick crust of ice on the fish itself, there should be no spots on its surface. The presence of water in the package or too little weight of carcasses can alert you. The first fact indicates a violation of the rules of fish storage, the second one says that inside it has already dried up, - you can’t expect that it will be juicy after cooking. Particularly careful should be considered packaging with fish fillets, as experience shows that it is more often than the carcass, is of poor quality. For the shelf life and packaging, too, it will not be superfluous to pay attention, because the fresher the fish, the tastier the dish will turn out.
- Hake with olive sauce can be fried or boiled. The technology of cooking these dishes and the sauce for them will be different.
- To give the dish a pleasant taste and flavor, you can marinate the fish before cooking. This is especially true if you intend to fry it.
- So that the fried hake is covered with a golden crust, tan it in flour twice, fry in a hot frying pan, without sparing oil. Do not close the pan at this time, keep the flame at an average level. If necessary, the fish can be brought to readiness on low heat under the lid.
- For cooking sauce, choose quality products too. The rancid oil will negate all your efforts.
Hake with olive sauce is so tasty that it can be served both hot and cold.
Fried Hake with Olive Sauce
- fillet of hake - 0.5 kg;
- pitted olives - 100 g;
- fresh basil - 30 g;
- olive oil - 125 ml for sauce, for roasting - as required;
- Dijon mustard - 10 ml;
- white wine vinegar (6%) - 70 ml;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- lemon - 0, 5 pcs .;
- paprika - to taste;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- flour - as required.
Method of preparation:
- Wash fillets of the hake, blot with napkins, cut into small pieces. Sprinkle them with lemon juice, squeezing it out of half the fruit, and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Sift flour and mix with ground paprika. Add a little salt, mix.
- Finely slice the olives with a knife or chop them in a blender. In the latter case, the consistency of the liquid seasoning will be more tender, but then the rest of the ingredients will have to be crushed accordingly.
- Wash, shake basil from water. Finely chop it with a knife or turn it into a paste using a blender.
- Mix the olive paste with the crushed basil, add the mustard to them, mix.
- Pour in oil and vinegar, whisk with a whisk until you get a uniform consistency. If you started cooking with a blender, you can complete the process in it.
- Salt and pepper the sauce to taste.
- Cut the garlic into plates. Fry it for 5 minutes in olive oil.
- Remove the garlic from the oil.
- Breast the fish in flour with paprika and fry in garlic oil on both sides until an appetizing crust forms.
- Put the pieces of the hake on a napkin so that it absorbs excess fat.
- Put in plates, pour over cooked sauce.
Fried hake with olive sauce turns out very tasty, fragrant and appetizing. Almost everyone likes this dish. However, the recipe does not meet the principles of healthy eating, it goes against some of the characteristics typical of Mediterranean cuisine, which includes the recipe for olive sauce. For those who care about their health, we can offer another option - to cook boiled hake with olive sauce.
Boiled Hake with Olive Sauce
- hake carcasses - 1 kg;
- green olives (available with seeds) - 100-150 g;
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs .;
- table mustard - 5 ml;
- olive oil - 100 ml;
- lemon juice - 5 ml;
- salt, black pepper powder - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Clean the carcasses of the hake, rinse well, boil until ready. Cooking time for a slow fire is usually 20 minutes after boiling the liquid in a saucepan.
- Remove the hake carcass, put it in a colander, let it drain.
- Wash eggs with soap, break them, separating yolks from proteins.
- Pound the yolks thoroughly with mustard.
- Whip with a whisk, pour in lemon juice, then olive oil. The latter is required to enter parts.
- Add salt and pepper, mix.
- Separately whisk whites and combine with the yolk mass.
- Separate the fillet from the ridge, cut into slices and place on a platter.
- Pour olive sauce.
- Decorate with whole olives.
The recipe for this dish makes sense to put it in your cookbook for those who want to make their diet as healthy as possible and follow the diet. In addition, the dish turns out so delicious that it is not a shame to offer it to guests.
Hake in olive sauce can be attributed to the Mediterranean cuisine, as the dish has many features peculiar to it. It is healthy and tasty, appetizing looks. Cooking it does not differ high complexity and even an inexperienced hostess.