Seafood has an exquisite taste, it is well saturated, while not threatening the body, they are a source of proteins, micro and macro elements, other substances necessary for the body. However, most of our compatriots rarely cook foods from them. The reason is not only that seafood is expensive, but also in ignorance of which dishes can be cooked. If you believe that lunch must include the first course, but you want to indulge your loved ones with an unusual dish, make seafood soup for them. Gentle and thick, with a unique taste and aroma, it will certainly make an indelible impression on family members and guests of the house.
Even an inexperienced cook will be able to make soup with seafood, if he knows and takes into account several important points.
- Any seafood is suitable for making soups, so long as they are fresh and of high quality. The most common basis of such dishes are shrimp or sea cocktail. The most convenient way to use frozen foods. Before cooking or frying in a pan, they can not be defrosted.
- Most seafood becomes hard during prolonged heat treatment, as the protein with which they are rich is reduced under the influence of high temperature. Do not exceed the time of cooking seafood relative to that specified in a particular recipe.
- When cooking seafood soup, it is not necessary to grind them. The creamy consistency of the dish will help give the vegetable puree, cheese, cream. Then the seafood can be fried and laid out in plates with soup. This will make the food look much more appetizing.
- If seafood is crushed to a state of mashed potatoes and make up the liquid basis of the first dish, the soup from them can be served with croutons of wheat bread. Suitable croutons with a neutral taste, as well as the aroma of garlic, herbs, sour cream, cheese, fish or seafood.
- For grinding products to a puree state, an immersion blender is usually used. Working with him, you need to comply with safety. It is important not to keep it turned on when dipping into a hot soup and removing it, as flying splashes can burn.
- If there is no immersion blender in the house, you can use the usual one. Even a sieve is suitable for chopping soft vegetables, through which they can be rubbed if the soup is cooked in a small amount.
There are many variants of seafood cream soups, and not always the technology of their preparation turns out to be identical. In order to avoid mistakes and get the expected result, it is necessary to follow the instructions accompanying the selected recipe.
Vegetable and seafood puree soup
- frozen sea cocktail - 0.5 kg;
- frozen or fresh broccoli - 0, 25 kg;
- potatoes - 0, 25 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- olive oil - 40 ml;
- water - 1, 5-2 l;
- wheat bread - 100 g;
- salt, a mixture of peppers - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Cut bread into small cubes.
- Heat a spoonful of butter in a pan. Put the garlic cloves cut into several pieces into it and fry them for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the garlic, put slices of bread in its place, brown them and put them on a baking tray lined with parchment.
- Put the baking sheet with crackers in the oven, heated to about 130-150 degrees and dry them for 10 minutes, sometimes getting out of the oven and stirring with a spatula.
- Dissect broccoli in florets and rinse.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into small cubes.
- Free the onion from the husk, finely chop.
- Pour the remaining oil into the bottom of the pan, put the onion in it. Fry it until transparent.
- Add potatoes and water. Bring to a boil, cook for 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli.
- When the contents of the pan boil again, salt it and pepper, pour the seafood into the pan.
- Boil the soup for 10 minutes after boiling it again.
- Grind the contents of the pan using an immersion blender until mashed.
- Return the soup to the stove, boil a few minutes.
When serving soup to the table, place a handful of crackers on each plate. Additionally, the dish can be sprinkled with chopped herbs.
Shrimp Tomato Soup
- shrimps cooked and frozen - 0, 5 kg;
- water - 1, 5 l;
- tomatoes - 0, 25 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- wheat crackers - for serving;
- salt, spices - to taste;
- olive oil - how much will leave.
Method of preparation:
- Boil water, pour the shrimp into it. Add pepper and salt.
- Wait until the water boils again. After that, boil the shrimp for 3-4 minutes, then strain the broth.
- When the shrimps have cooled, free them from the shell.
- Free the onions from the husk, cut them in small pieces.
- Dip the tomatoes with boiling water, peel them off. Slice the tomato pulp into medium-sized slices.
- Cut the garlic into plates.
- Heat oil in a pan, put onion and garlic in it. Fry them until a clear garlic smell is heard.
- Add tomato slices to onions and garlic. Pass the vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Combine the vegetable mass with the peeled shrimps and place in the blender jar.
- Grind the products to a puree, put in a saucepan.
- Spread the tomato-prawn mass with shrimp broth to the desired consistency.
- Boil the soup for 2-3 minutes.
It remains to pour the soup into plates, spread out the croutons and invite the household to the table. Some shrimp can not be crushed, and fry in olive oil and arrange in plates with croutons.
Seafood Cream Soup
- sea cocktail - 0.5 kg;
- fillet of red fish - 0, 2 kg;
- dry white wine - 0, 2 l;
- water or fish broth - 0.6 l;
- fatty cream - 0, 2 l;
- egg yolk - 1 pc .;
- salt, black pepper powder - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Fillet of red fish, defrost if necessary, cut into small pieces.
- Boil water, add salt and pepper. Put sea cocktail and fish in it, bring to a boil.
- Pour the wine into the saucepan with the seafood and wait for the broth to boil again.
- Cook the soup for 12 minutes. Catch fish and seafood with a slotted spoon, strain the broth.
- Separate the egg yolk, shake it with a fork and mix with cream.
- Whipping cream with a yolk whisk, add broth into them.
- Pour the resulting liquid mixture into a saucepan, put fish and seafood into it.
- Heat the soup over low heat, stirring until you notice that it starts to boil.
Without letting the soup boil, remove the pan from the heat. It remains to pour the dish on plates and serve. Soup for this recipe can be prepared not from sea cocktail, but from individual seafood, for example, from shrimp or squid alone.
Puree soups like many, as they have an appetizing look and exquisite taste. Such first seafood dishes are especially desirable and tempting. There are many variants of their preparation, and each of them has its fans.