Clove tree (Latin Syzygium aromaticum) is an evergreen plant belonging to the myrtle family. Its history goes back many hundreds of years. Long since the clove is used as a spice, however only the area of its use is not limited to this. Essential oil is extracted from the clove tree, to which people have found many uses.
How to get clove oil
Clove essential oil is extracted from unopened buds. First they are thoroughly dried, and then subjected to water-steam distillation. As a result, a yellow liquid with a rich fruit aroma is formed. To obtain 1 kilogram of such a liquid, it will be necessary to expend at least 6 kilograms of buds. It is also worth noting that the fruits of the tree are also used for the production of clove oil. But it is still preferable to use renal ether, since it is of higher quality and does not cause irritation on the epidermis.
Composition and use of clove ether
As already mentioned, clove phyto-essences have found many uses. In addition to the food industry, it is in demand in perfumery, pharmaceuticals, dentistry, cosmetology and traditional medicine. Clove oil is especially valued in the last two industries, as it contains such useful biologically active components as vitamins, fats, tannins, phenols, mucus, sesquiterpenes, karyofillen, vanillin, minerals and antioxidants.
- The immunostimulating properties of clove ether allow the body to recover from severe illnesses, injuries and surgery.
- Clove oil copes with harmful viruses and bacteria. Therefore, it is great for both prevention and treatment of viral and colds. Moreover, it is effectively used for intestinal infections and infections transmitted by airborne droplets.
- Optimization of digestion processes is another merit of clove oil. It helps in the absence of appetite, increased gas, poisoning, colic, spasms, diarrhea and other symptoms that cause pain.
- Specialists also noted that this aroma oil has a positive effect on the female body. It is useful for failures in the menstrual cycle, frigidity and infertility. Plus ether increases the tone of the uterus, so it is used to stimulate labor during childbirth.
- In the dental area, clove oil is used as an anti-inflammatory and wound-healing agent. It disinfects the wound and helps to accelerate regeneration, due to which the damage heals much faster. Also, the oil is used to reduce bleeding gums and for the treatment of dental diseases such as pulpitis, periodontal disease, stomatitis, gingivitis. Moreover, this ether can get rid of various types of toothache.
- Clove oil is also useful for the cardiovascular system, as it normalizes blood pressure.
- With the help of this ether, the prevention and treatment of joint diseases - rheumatism, arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Clove ether cleanses the body of parasites.
- The repellent qualities of the oil allow it to be used for the purpose of scaring off harmful insects - flies, moles and mosquitoes.
- The clove essence also has a great effect on the emotional sphere. Inhaling her vapors, you can cope with nervousness and feelings. It also increases concentration of attention, which is especially important for those whose activity is associated with constant mental activity, and helps relieve muscle pain and quickly restore the ligaments during stretching, which is indispensable during a period of increased physical exertion.
- Due to the clove oil, ear and headaches disappear, including it helps with migraine attacks.
- The clove essential oil is very good at skin care. It is used to improve the tone of the skin; restoration of water-fat balance; normalization of the sebaceous glands; relief of inflammatory processes; increase the elasticity and elasticity of the epidermis; treatment of scabies, pustular rashes, burns, cuts, wounds and bruises.
- With the help of clove oil it is possible to improve the condition of the hair and accelerate their growth. It promotes blood circulation, which positively affects the saturation of the strands with nutrients and moisture. In addition, the ether cleans the curls; reduces excess activity of the sebaceous glands; strengthens hair follicles and eliminates dandruff, itching and flaking.
Tips for effectively using clove oil
- The use of clove oil should begin with an allergy test. Apply a bit of ether to the area of the elbow bend for about 30-60 minutes. If during this time the epidermis does not react negatively, then the oil is suitable for further use. By negative reaction is meant the appearance of redness and irritation. In case of their occurrence, rinse thoroughly with running water.
- Esters have a high content of active elements, so you should carefully use them, that is, strictly follow the dosages specified in the recipes.
- All products that contain clove ether are prepared in dishes that do not have oxidizing properties. Such dishes are containers made of ceramics, porcelain and glass. Also note that home formulations cannot be stored for a long time, which means they should be prepared for one use.
- When performing skin treatments, pay attention to cleansing and steaming it to increase the absorption of the cosmetic mixture.
- For durability of the result, clove essential oil should be used a couple of times a week for 1-1, 5 months.
- Also remember that clove oil, despite its natural origin, is not so harmless. It can not be used by those who are carrying a child, breastfeeding, suffering from epilepsy and high blood pressure. Phytoesence is also contraindicated in children under 2 years of age.
Methods of using clove oil
A cotton swab is required to relieve a toothache. It should be moistened in any vegetable oil, and then apply a couple of drops of clove ether. Apply the oil-soaked tampon to the chewing surface of the diseased tooth and hold it until the pain subsides. After the procedure, do not forget to rinse the mouth thoroughly.
To prevent the multiplication of harmful microorganisms, a solution consisting of 200 ml of warm boiled water and 2 drops of clove oil is used to accelerate recovery from inflammation of the oral cavity and throat.
It is possible to relieve a state at respiratory diseases with the help of inhalations. For hot inhalation, prepare a warm solution from a glass of boiled warm water and 1-2 drops of essence and inhale the healing scent. For cold inhalation, moisten a scarf or tissue with 2 drops of ether and breathe vapors. The duration of the first and second procedures is 5-10 minutes. Close your eyes during inhalation.
Improve digestive processes by taking clove oil inside. In this case, it should be mixed with half a teaspoon of honey in an amount of 1 drop. Take the mixture with bread and drink plenty of fluids 1 to 3 times a day. A mixture of chamomile, clove and lavender esters, taken in 2 drops, and a tablespoon of peach oil will help relieve a headache. Using the prepared mixture, gently massage the temporal, occipital and frontal parts of the head.
It is possible to get rid of joint pains thanks to a mixture consisting of 4 drops of aroma oil and 2 teaspoons of any vegetable oil. Massage the massage with massaging movements, but not into the sore joint, but into the adjacent muscles. After the procedure, try not to take a shower for 12 hours. It is necessary for complete absorption of the product into the skin.
For the speedy healing of the wound, it is necessary to dissolve 30 drops of oil in 100 ml of water and wash it several times with this solution. Purulent wounds should be smeared with a mixture of 3-4 drops of essence and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
For helminthiasis, it is recommended to use 1 to 3 times a day, before eating, 2-3 drops of clove oil, after diluting it in warm water. The course of treatment is 30 days.
To take aromabath, you need to dissolve 8 drops of clove ether in 1 tablespoon of emulsifier, for example, in honey, sea salt or milk. Please note that the bath should be completely filled with warm water. This aromatic procedure must be carried out within 10-15 minutes. She will relieve fatigue accumulated during the day.
Clove ether must be added to the aroma lamp at the rate of 1 drop per 5 square meters of room.
Also, oil of cloves can be added to the finished cosmetic compositions, but only this should be done as needed, that is, at the time of using the tool. The proportions should be: 1-2 drops per serving of the product.
You can scare off annoying insects with a lotion. Mix 2 teaspoons of base oil with 3-4 drops of ether. Apply the composition to the skin if necessary.
Mask to strengthen and grow hair
What is required:
- almond oil - 2 tablespoons;
- Clove Ether - 4-5 drops.
How to cook:
- The basic component, that is, almond oil, slightly heat in a water bath, and then combine with the essence.
Mask rub the scalp with your fingertips. Then hold it, wearing polyethylene and a warm terry towel on top of the head of hair, for 30 to 60 minutes. After a specified period, wash your hair, as usual. From this tool, the hair will become stronger, that is, they will stop falling out, and will also accelerate in growth.
Hair restoring mask
What is required:
- jojoba oil - 4 tablespoons;
- banana - 1 pc .;
- pantothenic acid - 2 ampoules;
- Clove Ether - 6 drops.
How to cook:
- Banana mash with a fork in mashed potatoes.
- Then mix the fruit with pantothenic acid, warm vegetable oil and clove oil.
Spread the resulting gruel over the entire length of the strands. Soak curls under cellophane and a scarf 1-1, 5 hours, and then wash them with water and shampoo. This tool literally revitalizes weakened and damaged hair due to dyeing, biozavivka and straightening.
Mask to eliminate wrinkles
What is required:
- potatoes - 1 pc .;
- ryazhenka - 1 tablespoon;
- clove oil - 4-5 drops.
How to cook:
- Raw, peeled root vegetable, mash into mashed potatoes.
- Then add the fermented milk product and aroma oil to the potatoes.
Place the thoroughly mixed mixture on the epidermis. When half an hour has passed, remove it with a cotton pad. This composition is shown in the loss of skin tone and elasticity. It restores the smoothness of the skin, even with deep static wrinkles.
Face mask with anti-inflammatory effect
What is required:
- rice flour - 1 tsp;
- turmeric - 1/4 tsp;
- Clove Ether - 5 drops;
- mineral water - a small amount.
How to cook:
- Mix rice flour with warm mineral water.
- Then enter the rest of the ingredients - spice and clove essential oil.
Apply the product on the skin for 7-8 minutes, and then wash. With the help of the mask described, the condition of the problematic epidermis is significantly improved: the oily shine is eliminated; reduced foci of inflammation; enlarged pores taper; acne marks are becoming less noticeable.
Clove essential oil is a unique natural remedy that can help in various spheres of life. The main thing is to follow all the recommendations, and then the improvements for which you applied it will not take long to wait.