Tasty Avar khinkali are often confused with the usual khinkali known for all, but in fact they have nothing in common except the name.
If you want to try a new dish, where soft boiled meat with rich broth and juicy sauce is in perfect harmony with the lush pieces of dough, then you will like carefully selected Avar khinkali recipes.
Avar Khinkali - General Cooking Principles
Usually, lamb is used for cooking, but khinkali with chicken and beef is no less tasty. Meat should not be lean, it is desirable to acquire a piece on the bone, ribs or tenderloin with fat.
The dough is prepared from the most affordable products: flour, salt, yogurt or milk. Cook khinkal portions in boiling water. It is important to keep them in the water for the right amount of time; they should not be boiled soft or stay raw.
Despite the apparent complexity, it is quite simple to prepare Avar khinkali. Let's try?
1. Avar Khinkali in Dagestan
• beef fillet - half a kilogram;
• 3 liters of water;
• onion head;
• garlic 5 cloves;
• 2 bay leaves;
• allspice - 15 peas;
• salt - half a teaspoon.
• 1.5 cups sour cream;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• half a bunch of parsley;
• soda - at the tip of a teaspoon;
• salt - pinch.
• kefir - 250 ml;
• flour - 12 tbsp. spoons;
• soda, salt - on a pinch.
1. Prepare the broth: put the meat in a deep enamel container, add allspice, sweet pepper, salt, garlic (if desired, you can also put a carrot). Pour water and boil on low heat until ready, about 50 minutes, periodically removing the foam.
2. In the meantime, we make a dough: pour kefir into the sifted flour, add a little soda and salt. Knead the dough, cover with a clean cloth and leave for 30 minutes.
3. We take out the cooked meat from the pan, filter the broth and again pour it into the same pan. 4. Wrap meat in foil to keep it cool.
5. Prepare the sauce: put chopped herbs with garlic in sour cream, stir to a soft texture, put in the fridge.
6. Spread dough is divided into 2 parts and each roll out into a thin layer about 0.6 cm thick.
7. Cut into medium pieces.
8. Strain broth, bring to a boil, throw the test pieces there and cook for no more than 6 minutes.
9. The readiness of the test pieces can be determined by appearance: they will become slightly inflated, stratified in the cut.
10. To keep the softness and fluffiness of the dough pieces, we pin them with a toothpick.
11. Turn the meat, cut into medium pieces.
12. Put boiled khinkali along the edges of a serving plate, and in the middle of the meat, next to it we put a cup with sauce and a cup with broth.
2. Avar Khinkali in Georgian
• a small leg of lamb weighing about half a kilogram;
• onion head;
• 10 fruits of juniper;
• allspice - 12 peas;
• 1 bouquet of parsley, dill and cilantro;
• half a liter of kefir;
• flour - 10 glasses;
• soda, salt - half a teaspoon;
For the sauce:
• 6 medium tomato;
• 4 cloves of garlic;
• butter - half a pack;
• hot ground pepper - 1 tsp;
• a pinch of salt.
1. I wash my leg of lamb, chop it into several middle parts, lay it in a metal container, fill it with water. Put onion and greens, juniper berries, allspice and cook for 1 hour on low heat.
2. Knead the dough: pour the sifted flour into a deep cup, pour the kefir, add soda, salt and knead well to a tight state, cover with a cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
3. Prepare the sauce: remove the skin from the tomatoes, grate them, add the crushed 2 cloves of garlic, finely chop the remaining garlic and put in a small metal cup, pour in a little water. In the pan melt the butter, pour the tomatoes with garlic, stir and simmer on low heat for half an hour with the lid open. For a few minutes, put the finely chopped greens into the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour the prepared sauce in a small saucepan with garlic. 4. Roll the dough into a thin layer, cut into pieces of diamond shape.
5. Put the meat out of the broth, filter the broth and bring to a boil.
6. In the broth lay 15 pieces of rhombic and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Put the cooked dough diamonds on a portion plate, pour the cooked tomato sauce on top. Next we put a flat plate of meat, sprinkle it with greens.
3. Avar Avar Khinkali in Sour Milk
• 8 glasses of flour;
• soda, salt - 1 tsp;
• water - 3 glasses;
• sour milk - 2 glasses;
• chicken legs - 4 pcs .;
• 5 cloves of garlic;
• sour cream - 0.5 liters;
• greens - 1 bunch.
1. Wash chicken legs and cook on medium heat for 60 minutes.
2. Knead the dough: mix the prepared flour with soda and salt, pour it with sour milk, mix thoroughly until thick, put the dough in a plastic bag and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes, we take out the dough out of the bag, crush it a little and then put it in the bag for 15 minutes.
4. Take the chicken legs out of the pan.
5. Roll out the dough into the reservoir, cut into small squares.
6. Bring the broth to a boil and put the dough squares in it, boil until surfacing.
7. Ready khinkali lay out and stumble a toothpick.
8. Serve the Avar khinkali according to this recipe, put it on a plate, next to it put the sour cream mixed with garlic and greens in the bowl, put the broth in another bowl. Separately, put boiled chicken legs on a flat plate.
4. Avar Khinkali with Potatoes
• a piece of beef weighing 1 kg;
• potato - 4 medium tubers.
• 10 glasses of flour;
• sour kefir - 1 liter bottle;
• soda, salt - 10 g each.
• non-sour fat kefir - half a liter;
• mayonnaise - 20 g;
• 15 cloves of garlic.
1. Of all the necessary ingredients we start not very tight dough. Put the dough in a plastic bag and give to rest for half an hour.
2. My meat, cut into medium pieces, put in a pan with cold salted water and cook for about 1 hour, periodically removing the scum. 3. When the meat boils, lay the peeled potatoes, cut in half.
4. Rested dough is rolled into a 6 mm thick layer, cut into medium pieces.
5. Put the pieces in boiling strained meat broth, cook for 15 minutes.
6. Remove all the pieces into a colander and pierce with a wooden stick.
7. Prepare the kefir sauce: pour the fatty kefir into a bowl, add garlic, mayonnaise squeezed through a press, salt, mix everything until a homogeneous mixture.
8. When serving on a serving plate, place the boiled potatoes at the edges, put the meat on top, decorate with parsley leaves.
5. Avar khinkali, boiled in spicy meat broth
• lamb ribs - 1 kg;
• water - 3 liters;
• onion head;
• sweet peas - 10 pcs .;
• basil, coriander in dry form - 20 g;
• 3 leaves of lavrushka.
On the dough:
• 2 tbsp. spoons of flour;
• kefir - 250 ml;
• salt - half a teaspoon;
• water - half a glass.
• sour cream - 1 cup;
• mayonnaise - 2 tbsp. spoons;
• parsley - bouquet floor;
• 3 cloves of garlic.
1. Knead the dough: pour kefir and water into a deep cup, add some salt, add flour and knead thoroughly. The dough should not be very thick, but not stick to your hands.
2. Wash my ribs, put in the enameled container with water, put the onion, cut in half, all the spices and lavrushka, cook 50 minutes, removing the foam.
3. Prepare the sauce: combine the sour cream with mayonnaise and chopped garlic and greens, mix well until a homogeneous consistency.
4. Remove the cooked ribs from the broth.
5. In the filtered fragrant, boiling broth lay the dough squares 3 cm wide, cook for 5 minutes, with constant stirring, so that the pieces are not stuck together.
6. Put the ready-made dough squares and stitch with a knife.
7. When serving on a flat dish, lay boiled khinkali, on top of the ribs. In one bowl we put the sauce, and in the second broth, sprinkled with chopped parsley. If desired, you can also put in a separate bowl and tomato sauce.
6. Avar khinkali in a slow cooker
Ingredients: • beef - half a kilogram;
• water - 6 glasses;
• 1 onion;
• 2 laurel leaves.
• water - 400 ml;
• flour - 400 g;
• salt, soda - 20 g each.
For the sauce:
• tomato paste - half glass;
• butter - a small piece;
• garlic - 4 cloves;
• water - 3 tbsp. spoons.
1. Knead on the water is not very tight dough, give rest in the cling film.
2. In the capacity of the multicooker we lay the sliced meat, onion, cut into two parts, lavrushka, pour it with water, set to the “cooking” mode for 50 minutes.
3. Separately, melt butter in a pan, add tomato paste, stir and heat for 3 minutes.
4. Squeeze the garlic through the garlic press, pour in some water and boil for 5 minutes.
5. Pour some hot pepper into the prepared sauce and pour it into a bowl.
6. Lay the dough into a thin layer and roll it into diamonds.
7. We put these diamonds into the crock-pot in the broth from which we take out the meat, set the machine back to the same mode, but for 15 minutes already.
8. We put the finished Avar khinkali on a plate on the one hand, and on the other meat, sprinkle with dill.
9. Next to the bowl we put the sauce.
Avar Khinkali - Tricks and Tips
• Prepare khinkali immediately before use, the cooled dough is not so tasty, even with heating.
• But if you still have khinkali, you can give them a new taste by frying the next day in an oiled garlic pan.
• Avar khinkali are eaten, dipping dough into sauce, eating meat and washing down with broth.