Manty consider residents of Tatarstan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Crimea to be their national dish. Outwardly, they resemble large dumplings, but in fact are prepared differently. The main difference is the filling. It turns out much more juicy than in traditional dumplings, there is a lot of broth inside the rosettes of dough. Fillings for mantels are most often made from mutton or other meat, but there are also vegetable versions of filler for Asian dumplings. Observing the technology of cooking stuffing for manti, you will make them tasty and juicy, they will often appear on your table.
Stuffing for mannta is prepared not quite as for dumplings or ravioli. It is impossible to obtain the expected result if you do not know and do not observe certain technological features.
- Manti are traditionally made with lamb. In Asia, they are also often cooked with beef and poultry, but never pork. But manti with vegetable filling is not uncommon here. Especially popular products with pumpkin, potatoes and cabbage.
- Muslims do not eat pork, considering it to be unclean meat, but our compatriots managed to adapt the recipes of classic fillings for manti to the peculiarities of our kitchen. We often cook manti with pork. This meat is no less juicy and fatty than lamb. Even an inexperienced cook will be able to make it juicy stuffing. If you do not want to make authentic manat stuffing, feel free to make it from pork or add lard instead of fat tail fat.
- When cooking minced meat, discard the use of a meat grinder. The meat ground in it loses more than half of its juice. The meat for the filling should be finely chopped with a knife. If there is a need to resort to using a meat grinder, put a grate with large holes on it, then the meat will save a little more juice.
- Onions are an essential ingredient in the filling; they should be as much as meat. It is also finely chopped, and not turned through a meat grinder. To bow did not make you cry, often moisten the knife in water. If you take water into the mouth or chew gum during onion chopping, tear release also decreases.
- To make the filling more juicy, the meat is almost always supplemented with fat tail.
- From young meat the filling is more tender and juicy than from the old one.
- Some housewives add ice water or crushed ice to increase the richness of the filling.
The dough must be firm and elastic. If it breaks through, the juice from the products will flow out, they will become tasteless, even if the filling was done correctly.
A classic recipe for stuffing manta
- lamb (scapula) - 0.5 kg;
- fat tail - 150 g;
- onions - 0.5 kg;
- ground cumin - 5 g;
- ground black pepper - 2-3 g;
- salt - to taste.
- Wash the meat, strip it, cut the fat. Separate the flesh from the bones. The recipe indicates the weight of the meat without the fat and bones.
- Drain the meat with a napkin. Chop it into pieces no more than half a centimeter.
- Cut the fat in the same approximately chunks.
- Peel the bulbs. Cut them as far as possible with a knife. Crush chopped onion with your hands so that it gives as much juice as possible.
- In a large bowl, fold the chopped lamb, tail fat and onions. Mix the products well. Stuffing is convenient to knead hands.
- Season with salt, pepper, sprinkle ground beef with jura and mix again.
Cover the bowl with minced meat and leave for 30-40 minutes - the meat needs time to soak in spices. During this time, just as you can cook the dough for manti.
Chicken stuffing stuffing
- chicken fillet - 0, 6 kg;
- fat tail or lard fat - 100 g;
- chicken broth - 100 ml;
- onions - 0, 5 kg;
- garlic - 2-3 cloves;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Pour the chicken broth in the ice mold, freeze.
- Garlic cloves pass through the press.
- Separate the chicken fillet from the bones, remove the skin. Finely chop the poultry meat.
- Crush with lard or with a meat grinder. Put it to the chicken meat, mix.
- Free the onions from the peel, cut it into tiny pieces. Send to the stuffing.
- Add garlic, salt and spices, mix the mince with your hands.
- Crush or chop frozen broth using a blender. Send it in a bowl with minced meat, mix.
Filling should be given time to infuse. It will be ready for use in 30-40 minutes. At this time, it is best to keep it in a cool place, ideally in the refrigerator.
Stuffing for manti from several types of meat
- chicken fillet - 0, 3 kg;
- beef pulp - 0, 3 kg;
- pork or mutton pulp - 0, 3 kg;
- fat tail or lard - 0, 2 kg;
- onions - 0, 6-0, 8 kg;
- fresh greens (cilantro, dill, parsley) - 50 g;
- salt, black pepper, zira - to taste.
- Prepare the meat by washing it, drying it, removing the film, excess fat. Cut into chunks of medium size.
- Skip pieces of meat through a meat grinder by setting a grill with large holes, or chop it finely using a sharp knife.
- Grind lard in a similar way.
- Peel the onions, chop them finely or chop them using a food processor, but not to a degree of mashed potatoes.
- Mix the meat, lard and onion.
- Chop greens or chop them in a meat grinder. Add to mincemeat.
- Pour salt, pepper and other seasonings in a bowl with minced meat. Stir it.
Insist minced for at least half an hour, after which use it for its intended purpose.
Stuffing for pumpkin dumplings with beef
- pumpkin pulp - 0, 4 kg;
- beef pulp - 0, 5 kg;
- fat tail or lard fat - 120 g;
- onions - 0, 4 kg;
- zira - 10 g;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- Wash, drain meat. Remove the film. Put it in the freezer for a while so that the meat is slightly frozen, then it will be easier to chop it finely and carefully.
- Cut the beef into small cubes, no more than half a centimeter in size.
- Cut the lard or fat into medium pieces, chop with a blender or meat grinder.
- Remove the husks from the bow. Cut it into the smallest cubes.
- Peel the pumpkin, remove the pulp with seeds from it. Grind pumpkin pulp grated with large holes.
- Place beef, lard, and chopped vegetables in a large bowl. Add salt and seasonings.
- Mix well the products so that the stuffing becomes a homogeneous composition. If the stuffing seems to be too steep, add a little chilled drinking water to it and mix again.
The filling will be ready for use, standing in a cool place for 30-60 minutes.
Stuffing for dumplings with meat and potatoes
- potatoes - 0, 4 kg;
- beef - 0, 4 kg;
- pork lard or fat tail fat - 120 g;
- onions - 0, 5 kg;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Wash, blot meat and fat with a napkin. Finely cut with a knife. Stir.
- Wash, clean the potato tubers.
- Cut the potatoes in the same slices as the meat. Connect with him.
- Onion, freeing from the husk, finely chop with a knife, send to other ingredients.
- Add salt and spices, mix the stuffing.
Almost everyone likes manty stuffed with meat and potatoes. They are not inferior to their taste products filled with only one meat.
Stuffing for manti from vegetables
- white cabbage - 0, 4 kg;
- potatoes - 0, 4 kg;
- carrots - 150 g;
- onions - 150 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- salt, pepper, hop-suneli - to taste.
- Wash the vegetables, let them dry.
- Remove the top leaves from the cabbage and chop it finely.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into small strips or grate them into large pieces.
- Peel carrots, chop grated with large holes.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Onions with carrots fry until soft in vegetable oil.
- Salt the cabbage, remember with your hands to make it juice.
- Put all the vegetables in a large bowl, season them, mix.
Manty with vegetable filling are nourishing and juicy. There are people who prefer this particular variant of Asian dumplings.
Manty is a popular Asian dish. They resemble large dumplings, but the filling is prepared using a special technology. Usually for her use meat, supplemented with vegetables. But you can make stuffing for manti and of vegetables alone.