All red currant varieties are good for making homemade wine. It can be dry, semi-sweet, dessert. Anyone will have a pleasant delicate taste and a reddish tint, which over time may slightly roast. The only drawback of the drink is a mild aroma, which is why it is often blended. Many people make red currant wine at home, not only because of its delicate taste, but also because it is easy to prepare: even a beginner winemaker can cope with this if he knows the nuances of the technological process.
Red currant is one of the favorite berries of winemakers, since the output of the finished drink from it is very large and difficult to spoil it, especially if you follow simple rules.
- In order for the fermented berry, yeast is necessary. Get a few options: buy pure wine yeast and use it in accordance with the instructions on the package, make the wine sourdough yourself and add 200-300 ml per 10 liters of liquid (the more sugar and yeast, the stronger the wine will be), rely on bacteria living on the surface of the berries. If there is no indication in the recipe about the need to add yeast or yeast, then it is assumed that it is these bacteria that will do all the work. In this case, the berries can not be washed, not suitable for wine and collected after the rain. If you have just washed currants, and you want to make wine, use homemade or purchased yeast, even if there is no indication in the recipe for them.
- Only ripe, overripe berries are suitable for winemaking. Red currant is also a concern. Collect it for wine only when it becomes transparent and brightens.
- Regardless of whether you wash the berries or not, they must be freed from twigs, leaves, fruit stems: they will give the wine a tart taste, which is undesirable.
- Red currant juice is squeezed out almost immediately, mashing it and adding water (literally 200-300 ml per kilogram of berries). If you want to get a little more juice, you can add sugar (150 g per kilogram of raw materials) and wine yeast (all at once) together with water, put in a dark warm place in a container covered with gauze for a week. All this time, pulp must be stirred twice a day to maintain fermentation and prevent the occurrence of mold. Then the pulp should be placed in a canvas bag and squeeze the juice under the press. In the first case, from 10 kg of berries 6-6, 5 liters of pure black currant juice will turn out, in the second - 6, 5-7 liters.
- After the juice is ready, you need to add the rest of the ingredients according to the recipe. It should be borne in mind that part of them was used at the previous stage of wine preparation. After that, everything is placed in a large bottle with a water seal, which can successfully be replaced by a rubber glove with a needle punctured with a finger.
- After completion of active fermentation, it is necessary to wait another 2-3 weeks until a precipitate falls out and the wine is not clarified. If you pour the wine into bottles before, you get a “pop” with a dubious taste. For the same reason, it is necessary to strive so that no sediment gets into the bottles.
Drain wine to leave sediment at the bottom, the easiest way is through a rubber tube: if one end is placed in a vessel with wine, the other is placed in a bottle below, the wine itself will safely flow through the tube, following the rule known from the school course of physics communicating vessels.
Red Currant Table Wine Recipe
- red currant - 5 kg;
- water - 5 l;
- sugar - one and a half kilograms;
- wine starter - 200 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Rinse the currants, let it drain.
- Pass the berry through a juicer or chop in a blender, squeeze the juice.
- Heat water to 70 degrees, mix with sugar.
- Put the currant juice in the fermentation bottle, pour syrup over it, pour in the leaven, put a water seal on the bottle, put it in a dark room where the temperature is about 20-24 degrees.
- Observe fluid behavior. When the fermentation is completed and a precipitate falls out (it will happen in about a month or a little later), bottle it, seal it tightly and store it in a cool storage room.
- Wait a couple more months for the wine to mature, and consume it, not forgetting that everything is good in moderation.
The wine for this recipe is light, up to 12 degrees, with a pleasant sourness. From the given amount of ingredients it should make about 8 liters.
Redcurrant fortified wine
- red currants - 10-liter bucket;
- sugar - 1, 2 kg;
- water - 3 l;
- wine sourdough - 250 ml;
- vodka - 2, 5 l;
- milk - 200 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Wash, reassemble the berries, let the water drain.
- How should the currant be pressed, fold into an enamel basin or tank.
- Boil the sugar syrup, cool it to 70 degrees, fill the berry with it.
- Pour the leaven.
- Cover with a cloth and place in a warm place for 3 days. Twice a day, mix with a wooden spoon of pulp.
- Move to glass bottle, pour in vodka, leave for a week.
- Add the milk and wait until the drink is clarified.
- Drain the wine, leaving sediment at the bottom, bottled.
It will turn out 10 liters of wine with a strength of 15-18 degrees, with a moderate sugar content and not too sour.
Aromatic red currant wine
- red currant - 1, 5 kg;
- black currant - 2, 5 kg;
- Aronia rowan - 2, 5 kg;
- dark grapes - 2, 5 kg;
- raspberry - 0, 5 kg;
- dark raisins - glass;
- sugar - 2, 5 kg;
- water - 5 l.
Method of preparation:
- Berries, not washing them and not crushing them, pour them into a glass bottle.
- Cook 1, 5 kilograms of sugar and 5 liters of water syrup, fill them with berries. If the berries are not completely covered, add more water. Put a water seal.
- Keep the bottle for two months in a warm, darkened room.
- Drain fluid. Squeeze the berries, squeeze as much juice as possible, add it to the drained liquid. Filter again and return to the bottle in which everything wandered, adding the remaining sugar and raisins.
- The wine should be under the water seal until the end of the second fermentation, that is, another 3-4 weeks. After this time, drain the wine so as to free it from sediment. Store in a cool place in well-closed bottles.
One and a half months after the wine is bottled, it is ready. The product has a rich taste, rich aroma. The bouquet of this blended wine will not leave anyone indifferent. Gourmet drink with a harmonious bouquet, prepared at home, has no alternative among those sold in the supermarket. It is unique, they can proudly treat guests.
You can combine other berries and fruits with red currants: cherries, gooseberries, apples. Through experiments, it will be possible to get an original drink that does not yield to those whose recipes are collected in this material.