Vinaigrette is most often made with the addition of sauerkraut, which gives it characteristic sourness. However, not only she can give a spicy note to the salad, salted and pickled cucumbers, mushrooms, fresh and pickled apples, and lemon juice cope with this task. Lovers of raw vegetables, nothing prevents to cook vinaigrette with fresh cabbage, replacing it with sour. It will give the dish a pleasant crunchiness and unique taste.
The technology of cooking vinaigrette with fresh cabbage is not very different from the process of cooking the classic version of the snack, but it has some specific features.
- Replacing fresh sauerkraut, you need to make sure that the salad has not lost its savory taste. After all, even its name comes from the French word for vinegar. Without the characteristic sourness, the vinaigrette will cease to be so, turning into another snack. In a vinaigrette with fresh cabbage, add more pickles than usual, or for dressing they use not pure oil, but mixed with lemon juice, vinegar.
- In order for the beets to retain a bright color, a little vinegar can be added to the water when it is boiled.
- It is not necessary to boil vegetables for a vinaigrette - they can be baked or cooked in a microwave.
- Shred vinaigrette cabbage should be as small as possible, otherwise it will spoil the appearance and taste of the snack. The rest of the vegetables are also cut neatly, aged, so that the pieces are the same size.
- It’s not worth filling a vinaigrette with fresh cabbage with mayonnaise or sour cream: the taste of the dish may not be harmonious enough. Preference is better to give the traditional dressing based on vegetable oil.
Vinaigrette with fresh cabbage is nourishing, but not too high in calories. It can be served as a cold snack or side dish. It is combined with meat and fish, including salted.
Vinaigrette with fresh cabbage and pickles
- fresh cabbage - 0, 25 kg;
- beets - 150 g;
- carrots - 150 g;
- potatoes - 0, 4 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- pickles - 0, 2 kg;
- vegetable oil - 40-60 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Boil carrots, beets and potatoes without peeling. When they cool, remove them from the skins. Cut vegetables into cubes of the same size. Beets put in a separate plate, carrots with potatoes, put in a deep bowl.
- Wash the cabbage, remove the top leaves. Cut a piece of the right size, finely chop. Put to carrots and potatoes.
- Cut the pickles into small pieces, put them to the other ingredients.
- Peel and chop the onion into thin quarters of the rings.
- Squeeze juice out of lemon and fill it with onions. Leave for 20 minutes, then transfer the onion pieces together with lemon juice to the remaining ingredients.
- Pour a spoonful of butter into a plate with beetroot, mix.
- Pour the rest of the oil into a bowl with other vegetables, mix well too.
- Combine beets with other products.
Despite the fact that this recipe for vinaigrette differs little from the classical one, it will have a completely different taste.
Vinaigrette with fresh cabbage and fresh cucumber
- potatoes - 0, 4 kg;
- beets - 0, 2 kg;
- carrots - 100 g;
- green onions - 100 g;
- fresh cabbage - 150 g;
- fresh cucumber - 0, 2 kg;
- canned green peas - 100 g;
- green apple - 0, 2 kg;
- lemon juice - 20 ml;
- vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Boil potatoes, carrots and beets, cool, peel and cut into small pieces.
- Mix beets with two teaspoons of oil, put in a bowl.
- Place the carrot and potato pieces in the beets.
- Chop cabbage finely, send it to boiled vegetables.
- Wash the cucumber, blot it with a napkin. Cut into small cubes, mix with other vegetables.
- Open a jar of green peas, drain the liquid from it, put the peas in a bowl of vegetables.
- Peel the apple, cut the core. Pulp cut into small cubes, add to the rest of the products.
- Mix lemon juice with the remaining butter, salt and pepper. Pour the salad with the prepared mixture, mix.
- Add green onions, chopped with a knife, stir again.
The vinaigrette prepared according to the above recipe has a fresh taste, it is especially pleasant to eat it in the spring, when the body misses raw vegetables and has an increased need for vitamins.
Vinaigrette with red cabbage
- red cabbage - 0, 2 kg;
- red beans, boiled or preserved - 0, 2 kg;
- boiled or baked beets - 0, 2 kg;
- boiled or baked carrots - 100 g;
- red onion - 100 g;
- marinated mushrooms - 100 g;
- pickled cucumbers - 0, 2 kg;
- vegetable oil, salt and spices - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Peel the boiled vegetables, cut into cubes of the same size (about a pea), put in a bowl.
- Thinly chop the cabbage, put it to the boiled vegetables.
- Free the onions from the husk, finely chop, send to the rest of the ingredients.
- Cut the mushrooms and cucumbers into small cubes. If you use pickled mushrooms, you can leave them whole.
- Mix the pickles with the vegetables in the bowl.
- Add cooked beans.
- Season with vegetable oil, pepper and salt to taste.
The vinaigrette made according to this recipe has a rich red color, it looks elegant and appetizing. The dish is nourishing due to the inclusion of beans in the composition and at the same time dietary, as there are no potatoes in its composition.
How to decorate a vinaigrette with fresh cabbage
The bright and contrasting colors of the vegetables that make up the vinaigrette make it attractive and appetizing, even without additional decor. However, many housewives are trying to give the snack a more festive look, decorating it to your liking. You can offer several options for making a vinaigrette with fresh cabbage.
- Fresh greens will help to emphasize the fresh taste of the salad with raw cabbage and make it even brighter. To do this, most often use sprigs of dill or parsley, laying them on top of the salad or on its contour. Another option is to use lettuce leaves for decoration. They can be laid on a dish, in a salad bowl or in ice-cream bowls, and already on them you can put the finished salad in such a way that fragments of greens are framed.
- Cutting carrots and beets into thin slices, you can pick flowers from them. Spreading them on the surface of the salad, you give it a festive look. If fresh cucumbers are part of the salad, flowers can be made from them.
- A vinaigrette, laid out in wide transparent glasses, looks beautiful and stylish, especially if it is collected in layers. This option of serving snacks is now in vogue.
- Put the vinaigrette, giving it a neat shape, with the help of special cylindrical molds with a press. You can make these yourself from cans, and instead of the press, use a spoon when removing the mold from the salad.
Vinaigrette with fresh cabbage is nourishing, but easy. His supporters will appreciate a healthy diet. Having worked on the decoration of snacks, it can be served even to the festive table. Especially nice to eat these dishes in the spring.