In many countries of Central Asia, khanum is a popular dish, which is a roll of unleavened dough with meat or vegetable minced meat, steamed. To taste, it resembles manti, but it is preparing a little easier. Even an inexperienced hostess will be able to please her loved ones with a delicious Khanum. Make it will be especially easy if you use modern kitchen appliances. So, when preparing a khanum in a slow cooker, you should not worry that water will boil away; you do not have to stand at the stove all the time. The main thing is to make the roll itself, the smart unit will cope with the rest itself.
Khanum does not belong to difficult to prepare dishes, but in order to make it tasty, you need to consider a few points.
- In traditional recipes for Khanum, unleavened dough is used, which does not include anything except flour, water, salt. However, to give the dough elasticity, it often includes vegetable oil, and in order to make it more tasty, some housewives add chicken eggs to it. You can choose any technology for making dough, even if you met it in a recipe for khanum with a different filling, not the one that you intend to use.
- If you decide to make a khanum with meat filling, you need to take care of the quality of minced meat. Most often it is cooked from mutton and beef. However, our compatriots have long ago adapted recipes for Chanum to suit your taste and make it with minced pork, poultry or mixed minced meat. So the main role is not played by the variety of meat, but by its quality. Guaranteed to be high, it will be only if you make the stuffing yourself. Buying a store product, you can not be sure that it is made from first-class meat.
- To add vegetables to the Hanum filling is a good idea. They can complement minced meat, giving it softness and juiciness, or replace it. Juicy vegetables such as tomatoes are not the most suitable for the filling, but pumpkin, potatoes, carrots and similar vegetables are more than appropriate. By varying the composition of the filling, each housewife can prepare the khanum according to a unique recipe, giving it the desired taste.
- It should be borne in mind that the preparation of the khanum in the slow cooker takes a lot of time - about one and a half hours. Before that, the dough should also rest in a cool place for at least 40 minutes. This should be taken into account, if you need to prepare a dish for a certain time - you should start cooking at least 2, 5-3 hours before lunch. If you prepare a khanum earlier - it does not matter, because the slow cooker can be left to work in the heating mode.
Before serving, the khanum is cut into pieces and poured over the sauce. It can be tomato or sour cream sauce, which is most often mixed with garlic and greens.
Khanum with minced meat and potatoes in a slow cooker
- wheat flour - 0, 3 kg;
- water - 120 ml;
- vegetable oil - 20 ml;
- pork - 0, 25 kg;
- beef - 0, 25 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- potatoes - 0, 3 kg;
- salt, pepper, zira - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Sift flour. Add a pinch of salt and a spoonful of butter. Gradually pour in cold water, knead the dough. First you need to stir it with a spoon or fork, then with your hands, until the dough becomes soft, elastic and elastic. To prevent dough from sticking to your hands and cutting board, sprinkle flour over them.
- Mix the kneaded dough into a ball, cover with a cloth and put in a cool place for 40 minutes.
- Wash and dry the meat with paper napkins. Cut into pieces. Crank through the meat grinder, alternating between pieces of beef and pork. Grate the grinder with large holes.
- Add salt, pepper, zira to the mince, mix.
- Peel the onions. Cut it into small pieces with a knife. Turning it through a meat grinder is not worth it, because in this case the filling will turn out too liquid.
- Add the onion to the mince, stir.
- Peel the potatoes. Grind it on a coarse grater, put in a colander and leave for 10 minutes. Squeeze and put in mince. Stir to make the filling uniform.
- Take the dough out of the fridge. Roll it into a large thin layer.
- Put the stuffing on the dough. Spread it with a spoon in the center, departing from the edges of about 5 cm.
- Roll the dough into a roll, not too tight.
- Boil the water. Pour about a liter of hot water into the multicooker bowl, set the grate on top. Lubricate it with vegetable oil. Put the roll on it, turning it into a ring.
- Turn on the slow cooker by selecting the mode suitable for steaming. In different models of multi-cookers, this program may be called differently: “Steam”, “Steamer”, “Steaming”. Set the timer to 1-1, 5 hours: the cooking time will depend on the power of your unit.
While khanum is cooked in a slow cooker, you can make the sauce. To do this, you need to chop a bunch of fresh herbs, pass through a press a few cloves of garlic and mix it all with a glass of sour cream or unsweetened yogurt.
Hanum with a pumpkin in a multicooker
- flour - 0, 25 kg;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- water - 40 ml;
- vegetable oil - 20 ml;
- pumpkin - 0.5 kg;
- lard - 100 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Sift flour. Mix it with a pinch of salt. Add the egg, stir thoroughly with a spoon. Add oil, stir again. Pour in water and knead the dough. It should be elastic and smooth.
- Rolling a ball out of dough, cover it with a napkin and put it in the refrigerator for 40 minutes.
- Peel pumpkin seeds and peel. Pulp grate on a coarse grater.
- Finely chop the onion, previously peeled, and mix it with the pumpkin.
- Mince lard or chop with a blender. Add it to vegetables and mix everything well.
- Salt and season the filling to taste. If desired, you can add chopped greens to it.
- Roll out the dough and place the pumpkin stuffing in the center of the thin cake. Retreat from the edges about 5 cm.
- Roll the dough with the filling into a loose roll.
- Pour hot water in the amount of 1 l into the multicooker bowl.
- Put the roll on a grill greased with vegetable oil.
- Activate the steam cooking program for 45-60 minutes.
The sauce for a cook prepared according to this recipe can be used the same as for the dish made according to the previous recipe.
Hanum in a slow cooker can be cooked with any filling, you just need to select the appropriate cooking time. The rest of the technology of cooking will not have significant differences. In an hour or one and a half you will receive a tasty and satisfying dish that all members of your family will surely like.