Traditional borsch is cooked in meat broth, but there are other options for its preparation. There are so many recipes of this first dish that everyone will be able to choose an option to taste. Many prefer this soup, cooked with poultry meat. Chicken borscht with fresh cabbage turns out to be nourishing, fragrant, it has a characteristic red taste, characteristic only to it. He deserves to be included in the family menu.
Many were faced with the phenomenon when the soup on the plate looks so pale and unappetizing that it is difficult to call it borsch, although the mistress is sure that he cooked it. The technology of cooking this first dish has many subtleties. If you do not know them, the result may not meet the expectations.
- An important task in cooking borsch with cabbage is to make it red, do not let the beets lose their saturated color. For this you need to know a few tricks. The first is to choose the ingredient: salad beet varieties, differing in small size, initially have a richer shade, for borscht you need to take them. The second point is adding vinegar or lemon juice during cooking. Experienced chefs advise not to regret oil. The third important rule is associated with the time bookmarking fried in the soup: it is added 10 minutes before the soup is ready, a maximum of 15 minutes. If you add it earlier, beet juice will boil down, the vegetable will lose its mouth-watering tone.
- Observing the correct ordering sequence is important when preparing any dish. Borsch is no exception. First put potatoes in boiling broth, add cabbage 5 minutes after it. In parallel, prepare a vegetable frying of beets, carrots, onions and tomato paste, which is put in the soup for 10 minutes until cooked. Some cooks roast beets separately from other vegetables.
- Chicken borscht is most often cooked in chicken broth. For its preparation take one young chicken (1, 2-1, 4 kg) for 5 l of water. The amount of chicken can be reduced by half - the broth will still get tasty. The use of soup set, bouillon cubes is acceptable.
- Chicken borsch can be cooked not only in chicken broth, but also in meat, as well as in water. When using beef broth chicken is cooked separately, so that the flavors do not mix.
- When cooking broth, chicken or meat is washed, poured with cold water, brought to a boil over medium heat. After that, foam is formed on the surface, which must be removed with a slotted spoon. Then the fire is subtracted and the chicken is boiled over low heat, avoiding vigorous boiling of the liquid. If done correctly, the broth will come out transparent, it will remain to filter.
Traditionally borsch is served with sour cream and dumplings with garlic. Adding greens and garlic to the soup itself will not spoil it.
Chicken borsch with fresh cabbage
- chicken - 0, 7 kg;
- water - 3 l;
- white cabbage - 0.5 kg;
- beets - 0, 2 kg;
- carrots - 100 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- potatoes - 0, 8 kg;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 5 ml;
- vegetable oil - 50 ml;
- garlic - 2-3 cloves;
- fresh greens - to taste;
- fresh tomato - 150 g;
- tomato paste - 40 ml;
- salt, sugar, pepper - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Rinse half of the hen's carcass or its leg, put it in a saucepan. Fill with cold water.
- Put the pan on the fire, bring to a boil.
- Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, removing the foam from the skimmer. Reduce the intensity of the flame, cover the pan with a lid, be sure to leave a wide gap for steam to escape. Boil 1, 5 hours.
- Take the chicken out of the broth, cool it. Broth strain. Add boiled water to it to bring the liquid to its original volume.
- Clean the hen skin, separate the meat from the bones. Divide the meat into small pieces, put in a saucepan with broth.
- Peel potatoes, cut into cubes of one and a half centimeters.
- Wash the cabbage by removing the top leaves. Finely shred.
- Remove the onion from the onion, cut it into thin half rings.
- Peel the carrots, cut them into thin strips. If you have a grater for cooking Korean snacks, this will simplify the task.
- Peel the beets, chop them in the same way as carrots, put them in a separate container.
- Boil the broth, add the potatoes. After the soup boils again, put cabbage in it.
- Blow some tomato in the boiling water, peel it off the skins and seeds, chop the pulp in a blender, add vinegar and some sugar (literally a pinch).
- Heat a spoonful of butter in a pan, put onions and carrots in it, fry them until golden brown, add tomato paste to them, passe 5 minutes.
- Heat the remaining butter in another frying pan, fry the beets in it for 5 minutes, add the tomato puree, stew for 5 minutes.
- Combine the beets with the carrot-onion roast, add the finely chopped garlic, warm them together for 5 minutes.
- Add the frying to the pan with the broth, salt and pepper it to taste. Do not let the soup boil intensely so that the beets retain a bright shade.
- After 7-8 minutes, add finely chopped greens.
- After 2 minutes, turn off the stove, cover the pan with a lid. Insist soup 10-20 minutes.
It remains to sprinkle borscht from fresh cabbage and chicken on a plate, fill with sour cream and serve. A good addition to it will be donuts.
Dietary soup with chicken and fresh cabbage
- chicken breast fillet - 0, 4 kg;
- beets - 0, 3 kg;
- white cabbage (fresh) - 0.5 kg;
- white beans (dry) - 0, 2 kg;
- water - 3 l (without taking into account the consumption of the preparation of beans);
- potatoes - 0, 3 kg;
- sweet pepper - 0, 2 kg;
- carrots - 100 g;
- tomatoes - 0, 3 kg;
- garlic (optional), fresh greens to taste;
- salt, spices - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Sort the beans, rinse, cover with cool water, leave overnight. Rinse again, fill with clean water, boil until soft. If you do not want to bother with boiling beans, you can use canned - you need a large jar. When using canned food will be a little less useful.
- Wash and dry the beets, wrap them in foil and bake in the oven until soft. Remove from the oven, wait 20 minutes, remove from the foil, cool, peel, grate or chop finely into small straws.
- Fill the chicken fillet with water, boil for 20 minutes after boiling. Remove from the broth, cool, cut into small cubes.
- Place the peeled and diced medium potatoes into the broth.
- Chop the cabbage finely, put it in the soup 5 minutes after laying the potatoes.
- Peel the onion, cut it into small pieces.
- Scrape carrots, coarsely rub.
- Wash the pepper, remove the seeds from it. Cut the pulp into strips.
- Dip the beans and chicken meat into the soup. When the contents of the pan are boiling again, dip the peppers, onions and carrots, peeled and diced tomatoes into it. Add salt and spices.
- Pass the garlic through a special press, mix with finely chopped dill.
- 10 minutes after adding tomatoes and other vegetables, put beets in the soup. After 5 minutes, add the dill and garlic. Cook the soup for another minute and remove from the heat.
When cooking diet borscht, vegetable roasting is not done, the vegetables are laid fresh. To prevent the beets from losing their color due to prolonged boiling, they prebake it and put it in ready-made borscht. Cooked in this recipe soup from beets, fresh cabbage and chicken breast will be useful and low-calorie.
Chicken borscht made from fresh cabbage will appeal to those who like to eat tasty food and those who adhere to the principles of healthy eating. Knowing the technology of cooking, even an inexperienced hostess can cook a beautiful and fragrant soup.