Whatever vegetarians say about the dangers of meat, most of the population cannot do without it.
Chicken is especially popular with meat eaters. It is not as fat as lamb, cooks faster than beef or pork. Tasty. And, importantly, it is inexpensive, so it is available to almost everyone.
- Chicken meat contains more protein, but less fat, so it is recommended to those who watch their weight.
- It is better absorbed by the body. No wonder it is always used in the diet.
- But the nutritional value of different parts of the chicken carcass is not the same. If we evaluate them by the number of pulp, the degree of fat content, the quality of meat, then we can draw the following conclusion: the chicken has the most fat on the stomach, there is a little on the back, but on the chest it is almost absent. Except for the one under the skin.
Therefore, many housewives choose breast for the family diet. Of course, if they are going to cook or simmer it, because this part of the carcass is not very suitable for frying, because the breast has white lean meat, which, if not cooked properly, becomes hard, dry and chews for a long time. But you also need to be able to cook it.
How to prepare chicken breast for cooking
On the shelves of shops, breasts most often come in frozen form, so the breast should be defrosted first.
- It is thawed at room temperature or in a refrigerator. With this method, defrosting is slow and meat juice, which is released from the meat along with the melting of ice crystals, is partially absorbed again. And it improves the quality of the product.
- It is not recommended to defrost breasts in the microwave oven, because then they quickly give the juice, while the juiciness of the already lean breasts is halved.
- It is also impossible to defrost breasts in water, because then the main part of the nutrients passes into the water, and this significantly impairs the quality of the meat.
- The breasts are washed in cold water.
- If the breasts are boiled to get dietary meat, that is, with a minimal amount of fat, the skin is removed from them. But you can cook with it. Especially if, in addition to meat, they also want to get a good broth on which to boil the soup. Moreover, there are gourmets who simply adore chicken skin, even boiled.
Important point! In the description of many recipes, it is said that in order to boil the meat, it is necessary to fill it with cold water and put it on fire. But it does not take into account for what purpose the meat is cooked. In this case, the breast.
- If the breast is cooked for salad or main courses, then it is placed in hot water. Due to this, protein and blood coagulate and most of the nutrients remain in the meat.
- If the breast is boiled for broth, then it is poured with cold water. Someone will argue, they say, what kind of broth will come from this part of the carcass ?! But such broth is indicated in dietary nutrition or for feeding small children, because it turns out to be low-fat, but most of the microelements and healthy substances pass into it during cooking. On this broth, you can cook soup for the baby or for the sick adult, who for health reasons cannot eat fatty foods, including soups, especially with roasting.
But with this method of cooking, the breast is obtained as if cooked - tasteless and similar to a sponge (as many eaters characterize it).
How to cook chicken breast in a pan
- The breast is dipped in hot water and brought to a boil over high heat. Be sure to remove the foam.
- Add roots, carrots, bay leaf, salt.
- Boiling is reduced to a minimum and boiled for 30-40 minutes under a lid. Although if you cook chicken breast or young chicken, then such meat will be soft after 20 minutes.
- The pot is removed from the stove, but the breasts are left in the broth for another 20-30 minutes. And only after that they are taken out for further use. If the meat is removed from the broth immediately, it will instantly dry out and lose juiciness.
- If the breast is boiled for broth, then it is put in a saucepan and completely filled with cold water. Bring to a boil, remove the foam.
- Put spices and roots, salt.
- Cook until soft. In this case, the meat can be cooked longer, so that the broth becomes more rich.
How to let the chicken breast in
Skipping is cooking meat in a small amount of water or broth.
- Breasts are thawed, washed, their skin is removed or left as is.
- Meat is placed in a saucepan, salted and sprinkled with lemon juice so that the breasts remain white during cooking.
- Pour hot water or broth onto a third of the fillet's height.
- Cover with a lid and let on a small fire until ready.
- Chopped vegetables and roots are placed on the bottom of the saucepan. Put on them breast.
- Pour broth (water) and dry white grape wine. Salt.
- Cover with a lid and cook over low heat until ready.
How to cook chicken breasts in a double boiler
- The prepared breast is rubbed with salt and herbs.
- Placed in a steamer bowl.
- Cook 30 minutes. If the meat is still tough (it is checked with a fork), cook another 10-15 minutes.
How to cook chicken breast in the microwave
- Prepared breasts are put in special dishes. Salt.
- Pour so much hot water so that it covers the meat.
- Close the lid and boil for 10 minutes at maximum power.
- Then the power is reduced to medium and cook another 15 minutes.
- Leave the breast in the pot for another 10 minutes to make it more juicy.
How to cook chicken breast in a slow cooker
- The prepared breast is placed in the multicooker bowl.
- Pour hot water over it to cover the meat.
- Salted and added spices.
- Cook in “Quenching” mode for 30 minutes.
- A liter of water is poured into the multicooking bowl.
- The prepared breast is salted and flavored with spices.
- Then put it in a steaming tank, which is placed in a slow cooker.
- Cover with a lid and boil in “Steaming” mode for 30-40 minutes.
Mistress to note
- How to determine the age of the chicken breast by eye? The breast of an old chicken can not be squeezed by fingers, and young chicken can be squeezed easily.
- If you want to separate the breast pulp from the bones, then it is cut perpendicular to the fibers.
- The breast of the old carcass is cut in half for cooking, and the breasts of the chickens are cooked whole.
- In order to preserve the natural aroma of meat, when cooking breasts, they do not use strongly aromatic spicy herbs and spices.
- An old chicken breast will taste better if it is allowed in milk.